Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This JUST in... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TURBO

Hall of Famer

: October 16, 2006, 07:43:49 PM

Michael Irvin is still a punk idiot!

I can't stand to watch this guy on espn, he ruins a perfectly good pre-game and I just can't have it...

How guys like this are hired to begin with is beyond me...

Is this the best ESPN can do?

[banghead]

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 16, 2006, 07:58:53 PM

wow, I see this is getting a lot of hits, I should have titled it differently, sorry if you guys thought it was of some importance...lol

bucfn126

Second String
#2 : October 16, 2006, 08:07:07 PM

Hey I'm with you. I can't stand him either.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#3 : October 16, 2006, 08:07:19 PM

They're terrible. Stuart Scott is the worst, IMO, along with Berman........

gone

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 16, 2006, 08:08:57 PM

wow, I see this is getting a lot of hits, I should have titled it differently, sorry if you guys thought it was of some importance...lol
Trade junkies lol.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#5 : October 16, 2006, 08:13:18 PM

scott and berman don't bother me, I just can't stomach Irvin...I don't watch, the guy is an idiot.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#6 : October 16, 2006, 08:14:34 PM

He's hired the same reason Howard Stern is and others just like them. Their job is to **CENSORED**e things up, stir controversy or fan the flames of people hating him so they always tune in. I compare it a lot to wrestling which has perfected the "villain" persona where everybody shows up to the arena so they can boo, give them the finger, call them every name in the book, but they had to buy a ticket to do it and the villains laugh all the way to the bank. Same with Michael Irvin. He's smart enough to know what he's doing and Berman just said "you're getting good at knowing how to do this TV stuff."

BTW KeepOn, where do you keep finding these great pics to attach to your posts? It's a wonder I get anything done after looking at the message boards.  :o

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#7 : October 16, 2006, 08:16:25 PM

Listening to Dan Patrick tonight, a caller who phoned in made a rip on Irvin and Dan was quick to take Irvin's side....He said I like Mike, he'll be here in a few minutes to discuss blah blah blah and cut the caller off...

Dan is a stand-up guy and he sticks up for Irvin?

That pissed me off!

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#8 : October 16, 2006, 08:24:30 PM

BTW KeepOn, where do you keep finding these great pics to attach to your posts? It's a wonder I get anything done after looking at the message boards. :o

I'll never tell!! LMAO!

XXXVII Champs

Second String

#9 : October 16, 2006, 09:43:06 PM

I never liked him when he was a line snortin Cowboy either. I can't understand how they hired him.  The only thing I can think of is they needed someone to defend the TO's and thugs of the league.  There are far too many former players they could have selected that can deliver intelligent takes on the NFL.

My man is Tom Jackson.  He pretty much tells it like it is and isn't worried about offending players.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#10 : October 16, 2006, 09:47:45 PM

I never liked him when he was a line snortin Cowboy either. I can't understand how they hired him. The only thing I can think of is they needed someone to defend the TO's and thugs of the league. There are far too many former players they could have selected that can deliver intelligent takes on the NFL.

My man is Tom Jackson. He pretty much tells it like it is and isn't worried about offending players.

agreed

espn likes to have a thug on staff to relate to the countless immoral football fans that support those kind of idiots.

BucsFan1976

Practice Squad
#11 : October 16, 2006, 09:48:44 PM

I think he sees a little TO in himself thats why he gives him so much slack.

TURBO

Hall of Famer

#12 : October 16, 2006, 09:49:31 PM

Irvin loves Moss and TO...Go figure...

InChuckyITrust

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 16, 2006, 10:53:58 PM

Irvin doesnt love Moss, he continually bashes his ability to be a good all around WR

"there are no medals here for who can stay at the office the longest," said Jagodzinski. "I'm not into that. The guys that brag about working till 2 in the morning, in my opinion, they're just not smart enough. "

18,2,25,13 ... murderers row?

I support coach Calhoun and his salary

#14 : October 16, 2006, 10:59:24 PM

Irvin doesnt love Moss, he continually bashes his ability to be a good all around WR

You've got that right. He says Moss is one-dimensional, which is true. As for disliking Irvin, a simple change of the channel seems to do the trick.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This JUST in... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools