Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This JUST in... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

TBayJJ

Second String

#15 : October 17, 2006, 12:30:01 AM

I know, all he does is pick the cowboys players. They are not even that good, go hit the crack pipe again Irvin. ;D

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#16 : October 17, 2006, 12:37:24 AM

Michael Irvin is still a punk idiot!
Wow! You just figured that out?

I remember making that comment once a couple months ago on the "Pirates Cove" board and I was flammed for insulting "one of the greatest WRs of the game!"

Also remember that racist comment he made about Chris Hovan.

bucnut

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 17, 2006, 08:17:54 AM

I enjoy Berman, but no longer watch ESPN because of Irwin.  He IS a punk, just like TO.

NFC South BBS Viva la Grudenistas!  GO GATORS!!!

njligernj

Starter
#18 : October 17, 2006, 08:40:03 AM

He's hired the same reason Howard Stern is and others just like them. Their job is to **CENSORED**e things up, stir controversy or fan the flames of people hating him so they always tune in.

Irvin completely revolutionized the way people announce to the point that hundreds of other announcers blatantly rip him off. When he changed networks the old network he was on collapsed to the point they lose in the ratings to Telemundo. When Irvin moved over to a pay football commentator service, in less than one year 5.1 million people signed up to listen to him.

I think the "people listen to Stern because they hate him" bandwagon needs to get lightened up a little bit. I know people like to seem smart by making such comments but in reality they appear foolish. I'm just curious, what number of paying listeners does he need to get this to go away? 5.1 million not enough? (Granted not every last Sirius subscriber listens to him but his effect is obvious). Or are millions of people paying because they hate him? Does 10 million subs get him some credit as more than a "wrestling villain?" Jeez. Sorry I got off-topic there but I had flashbacks to 1992 with that comment.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: This JUST in... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools