Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Donald Penn makes me feel better... « previous next »
Page: 1

Balls Out

Starter
: August 18, 2009, 01:12:09 PM

...about Leftwich being our starting QB. The only player I know of that gets more hype by the national media than his own fan base could very well be our offensive MVP this year....especially if it is the "slug" under center.

I watched and re-watched the Titans game paying particular attention to Penn for 3 reasons:

1) Kyle Vanden Bosch
2) He'll potentially be responsible for protecting the blind side of the slowest QB the NFL may have ever seen
3) He looks a lot fatter this year

Needless to say he didn't disappoint with the limited # of reps he had...Kyle V-B never got a sniff and he looked as quick and agile as he did last year without the extra Lbs. The only remaining concern I have with Penn is endurance, but that question won't be answered until he has to take on D. Ware for 60 minutes.

Unfortunately, nothing makes me feel better about Luke being our starting QB  :'(

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

wildbuc99

Rookie

#1 : August 18, 2009, 01:19:01 PM

Penn has played very well since starting for the Bucs. Penn should play his best ball this season due to the fact he is in a contract year.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 19, 2009, 05:15:11 AM

I'm still wondering how he's going to take to the Zone Blocking System, it was his first game and he did alright. With Faine in, I figure his performance as will the entire O-Line's, improve.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 19, 2009, 05:25:15 AM

If Penn has a pro bowl year, there will be HUGE money on the horizon for him and he knows it. So I expect great things out of him this year.

k_bassuka

Starter

#4 : August 19, 2009, 08:43:20 AM

I say sign him to a long term now, because if he continues to play like this we are going to have to give this guy whole lots of money.

Balls Out

Starter
#5 : August 19, 2009, 11:35:57 AM

I'm still wondering how he's going to take to the Zone Blocking System, it was his first game and he did alright. With Faine in, I figure his performance as will the entire O-Line's, improve.

It's the ZBS that has me concerned as well, not because of his ability to play the system, but rather his ability to play it for 60 minuntes at a high level....he looked fat (anybody else notice this?), which is fine as long as he can carry it for the entire game.

"Some birds can only have a back archer if you flick the starter button - spocking the G spot doesn't work on all of them"

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 19, 2009, 12:19:47 PM

I say sign him to a long term now, because if he continues to play like this we are going to have to give this guy whole lots of money.

I say keep him dangling, because, once he gets his big money, he will sit back and be a fat cat.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 19, 2009, 01:34:55 PM

If Penn has a pro bowl year, there will be HUGE money on the horizon for him and he knows it. So I expect great things out of him this year.
Didn't motivate him so much to come to OTA's  or come in shape.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Donald Penn makes me feel better... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools