Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS CB AQIB TALIB ARRESTED, CHARGED « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7

Boriqua

Starter
#15 : August 20, 2009, 08:31:10 AM

Sure, Raheem is responsible for what a grown man does at 12am, on his own time, after training camp breaks. These are the pros not college. It's not like this guy didn't get in trouble right after being drafted last year, oh wait, he did!! And what did Gruden do after that fight at the Rookie Symposium? This isn't about Gruden or Raheem, this is about an immature idiot who can't stay out of trouble. Then again, we're not sure what exactly happened, so, just let things take their course.

Morgan

User is banned from postingMuted
Hall of Famer
#16 : August 20, 2009, 08:37:35 AM

Like I stated back when Talib was throwing his helmet around in OTA's, Rah needed to suspend him then. The lack of leadership is really starting to show...

It'll get much worse when the Bucs are winless at mid season. This Morris experiment by the Glazers might be their worst move yet.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 20, 2009, 08:41:30 AM

He won't be suspended, I'll reserve judgement until the report comes out.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 20, 2009, 08:43:16 AM

I don't know if the nature of these crimes will even carry a suspension.

If Talib is suspended, its going to be interesting and hopefully a great story to see what E-Mack has.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#19 : August 20, 2009, 08:45:57 AM

Keep in mind that several players were arrested on Tony Dungy's and Derrick Brooks' watch, too. Just want to get that out before the chants to bring those two back start erupting.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 20, 2009, 08:56:34 AM

We all knew this kid was a gamble (behavior wise) when we drafted him.  With his talent, and our need, Monte rolled the dice.  I feel fairly confident that older, vetern locker room influences and more experienced coaching could have helped prevent this. It's one thing to change head coaches for a rookie, but to then systematically remove the vetern (team capitan no less) leadership is just begging for chaos, IMO.

Does it trouble anyone else that the 2 major f-ups are secondary guys?  Aren't these supposed to be Rah's boys?  If he truely has leadership skills, they would man up for him to catapult him forward, not embarrass him.  This is what I really dislike about so called "player's" coaches.  Gruden may not have been the winningest coach in Buccaneer history (oh, wait, yea he was) but he'd keep these overpaid thugs in line.  

biffbeaumont

Starter

#21 : August 20, 2009, 08:57:27 AM

Keep in mind that several players were arrested on Tony Dungy's and Derrick Brooks' watch, too. Just want to get that out before the chants to bring those two back start erupting.

That's true SR , but this isn't the way you want to be coming out of your first camp and into regular season, with one player suspended for drugs, another resisting arrest. Does the league suspend for that?  I'm not advocating bringing anybody back, but somebody sure as hell better stand up.

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#22 : August 20, 2009, 08:58:39 AM

I'd be very surprised if these charges stick. It was highway patrol, so it was obviously a traffic stop and not a  call. Who did he batter? If it was the cop how could it be "resisting arrest without violence". I am betting the only think Talib is guilty of is talking trash with an over**CENSORED**y highway patrolman. (although I'm slightly concerned for the urine/blood test he likely got as well)

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#23 : August 20, 2009, 09:03:35 AM

Jackson and Talib out would suck!

Yeah, no need to be concerned.  Must be a misunderstanding.   ::)
Who said it was?

-Chase

Our fans suck!

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#24 : August 20, 2009, 09:10:57 AM

If I were Raheem, I would do what Dungy did to Sapp when he got in trouble.  I believe he made him skip a half of a football game once, and also didn't let him start the game once.

#25 : August 20, 2009, 09:12:20 AM

This is what you get when you draft a player who fell because of off the field issues. He is a solid player but probably will never learn.

bucpimpin

Pro Bowler
#26 : August 20, 2009, 09:12:34 AM

Keep in mind also with the resisting charge.. Pinellas county police are the biggest Di#@s around. Not sure this will warrant a suspension.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 20, 2009, 09:16:40 AM

I'd suspend him for the first game. In all likelihood Dallas was going to wax the Bucs opening week anyways, so you're really not losing anything with Talib out of the lineup.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 20, 2009, 09:17:36 AM

We all knew this kid was a gamble (behavior wise) when we drafted him.  With his talent, and our need, Monte rolled the dice.  
Monte was the GM?

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 20, 2009, 09:17:53 AM

I'd suspend him for the first game. In all likelihood Dallas was going to wax the Bucs opening week anyways, so you're really not losing anything with Talib out of the lineup.

Yea, that sends a good message to your team.  "Hey guys, since we can't beat Dallas anyway, we're just gonna go ahead and bench some players now..."

Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS CB AQIB TALIB ARRESTED, CHARGED « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools