Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS CB AQIB TALIB ARRESTED, CHARGED « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 20, 2009, 09:19:27 AM

We all knew this kid was a gamble (behavior wise) when we drafted him. ?With his talent, and our need, Monte rolled the dice. ?
Monte was the GM?

Hi.  You must be new to the Buccaneer fanbase.  Let me help you.  See, we used to have this Defensive Coordinator named Monte Kiffen.  He was essentially the HC of the defense, a real icon in this place.  When Dungy left, all of the defensive draft picks were his. 

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#31 : August 20, 2009, 09:19:53 AM

I'd suspend him for the first game. In all likelihood Dallas was going to wax the Bucs opening week anyways, so you're really not losing anything with Talib out of the lineup.

Yea, that sends a good message to your team. �"Hey guys, since we can't beat Dallas anyway, we're just gonna go ahead and bench some players now..."

I think I'd sit him for the first quarter and hope the damage isn't too bad.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 20, 2009, 09:23:59 AM

I'd suspend him for the first game. In all likelihood Dallas was going to wax the Bucs opening week anyways, so you're really not losing anything with Talib out of the lineup.

Yea, that sends a good message to your team.  "Hey guys, since we can't beat Dallas anyway, we're just gonna go ahead and bench some players now..."
Of course you don't actually tell the team that.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 20, 2009, 09:24:23 AM

We all knew this kid was a gamble (behavior wise) when we drafted him. ?With his talent, and our need, Monte rolled the dice. ?
Monte was the GM?

Hi.  You must be new to the Buccaneer fanbase.  Let me help you.  See, we used to have this Defensive Coordinator named Monte Kiffen.  He was essentially the HC of the defense, a real icon in this place.  When Dungy left, all of the defensive draft picks were his.  

If you want to be a smart azz, you should probably try spelling "Kiffin" correctly.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 20, 2009, 09:25:07 AM

Monte was the GM?

Hi.  You must be new to the Buccaneer fanbase.  Let me help you.  See, we used to have this Defensive Coordinator named Monte Kiffen.  He was essentially the HC of the defense, a real icon in this place.  When Dungy left, all of the defensive draft picks were his.  
I guess the Glazers wasted a bunch of money paying scouts and putting final say over personnel in Bruce Allen's contract.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

swirless

Pro Bowler

#35 : August 20, 2009, 09:27:10 AM

will the league get involved if it is alcohol related since he is already in the  drug program

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#36 : August 20, 2009, 09:36:38 AM

will the league get involved if it is alcohol related since he is already in the  drug program

I doubt it... it's his first offense and pretty minor as far as arrests go... However, there is a definite pattern to his behavior, which is a BIG test for our young coach.  I don't think it would be wise to let this slide under the rug.  This time, there needs to be some sort of consequence to Aqib's actions, other than running gassers.  He needs more than a fine, because that's been done to apparent no effect.

I think he probably smoked so much weed in college to take the edge off of his anger problem. 

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 20, 2009, 09:40:35 AM

Unbelievable. Just unbelievable.

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#38 : August 20, 2009, 09:42:31 AM

It'll be interesting to see how Morris and the Bucs handle this.  The players supposedly respect that he's tough and honest with them.  If he's too "light", he'll lose some respect IMO.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 20, 2009, 09:43:23 AM

Monte was the GM?

I guess the Glazers wasted a bunch of money paying scouts and putting final say over personnel in Bruce Allen's contract.

LMAO @ scouts!  Scouts work for the coaches.  They go out and find guys that fit the coaches scheme.  The report back to the coaches.  They're pretty much bottom feeders.  And "final approval", are you kidding?  How often do you think Monte slid a name in front of this ownership and NOT had it approved???  Ownership gave that guy a rubber stamp, and for good reason.  He'd earned it.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 20, 2009, 09:44:19 AM

It'll be interesting to see how Morris and the Bucs handle this.  The players supposedly respect that he's tough and honest with them.  If he's too "light", he'll lose some respect IMO.

Basic rule of coaching.  You can always start out too tough and lighten up.  But you can't start out too light then try to get tough.  It simply doesn't work.  How he handles these situations will be critical to his continued success.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 20, 2009, 09:50:27 AM

Didn't Talib and Tanard Jackson have character issues coming out of school?

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 20, 2009, 09:57:32 AM

Monte was the GM?

LMAO @ scouts!  Scouts work for the coaches.  They go out and find guys that fit the coaches scheme.  The report back to the coaches.  They're pretty much bottom feeders.  And "final approval", are you kidding?  How often do you think Monte slid a name in front of this ownership and NOT had it approved???  Ownership gave that guy a rubber stamp, and for good reason.  He'd earned it.
Was Kiffin ever NFL executive of the year? All I know is if I were a NFL general manager and had final say over personnel in my contract, I wouldn't let a defensive coordinator bring me down.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 20, 2009, 10:00:55 AM

Monte was the GM?

Hi. ?You must be new to the Buccaneer fanbase. ?Let me help you. ?See, we used to have this Defensive Coordinator named Monte Kiffen. ?He was essentially the HC of the defense, a real icon in this place. ?When Dungy left, all of the defensive draft picks were his. ?

LMAO @ scouts! ?Scouts work for the coaches. ?They go out and find guys that fit the coaches scheme. ?The report back to the coaches. ?They're pretty much bottom feeders. ?And "final approval", are you kidding? ?How often do you think Monte slid a name in front of this ownership and NOT had it approved??? ?Ownership gave that guy a rubber stamp, and for good reason. ?He'd earned it.
Was Kiffin ever NFL executive of the year? All I know is if I were a NFL general manager and had final say over personnel in my contract, I wouldn't let a defensive coordinator bring me down.

You really have no idea what you're talking about.  If you could be an NFL general manager, you would be. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 20, 2009, 10:02:50 AM

Bruce Allen had final say over all draft picks.  Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know what they are talking about.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS CB AQIB TALIB ARRESTED, CHARGED « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools