Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will play OLB? « previous next »
Page: 1 2

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#15 : August 24, 2009, 03:51:00 AM

I don't think it will be an easy win.   I just think we will win.   I just have that feeling.   Edwards and Owens will be a test for our defense but I like the matchup of him and Talib....that's saying that Talib is available for that game.   If he's suspended then I might actually change my opinion....that's how key I think that matchup will be.    Bills have good depth at receiver though.   I've been watching their preseason games.    They haven't been running the ball or defending the run well.   That's where I like our chances.   I think Ward and Graham go to work on them and the TOP game is off the charts.   If we don't let them have the ball TO can't burn us.   

bucsmontana

Second String

#16 : August 24, 2009, 03:59:19 AM

Hell I say bring D Brooks back to play a limited role. He may not be able to stuff the run as good as he once could but he would be our best bet as a 3rd down OLB. He still has speed, and coverage was about the only thing he did right last year. IMO

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#17 : August 24, 2009, 04:05:38 AM

Hell I say bring D Brooks back to play a limited role. He may not be able to stuff the run as good as he once could but he would be our best bet as a 3rd down OLB. He still has speed, and coverage was about the only thing he did right last year. IMO

I understand the respect and admiration for the guy.....we all feel the same way.   It just doesn't make sense though.   Bring back a legend like that after you fired him?  Only for a limited role in the first 4 games?   After he's missed the entire training camp and most all of the preseason?   Bad bad bad idea IMO.    There is a reason why he was let go and there is a reason no team has signed him.   Even after working him out teams have decided to go younger and faster.   I really have the utmost respect for him as a former Nole, Buc, and all around amazing human being but it's time for him to hang up the cleats and enjoy being a family man. 

GatorBuc85

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 24, 2009, 06:10:16 AM

I think Allen would do fine for 4 games.

No reason our linebackers should change because of all this.

-Chase

Our fans suck!

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 24, 2009, 06:39:53 AM

Did anyone notice how Crowell was playing prior to getting injured in the game?

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 24, 2009, 07:38:38 AM

Did anyone notice how Crowell was playing prior to getting injured in the game?

yeah....fast and tough.   Like he was the only backer who knew where to be.    Seemed a little funny to me considering all the time he had missed.   

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who will play OLB? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools