Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009 Schedule Breakdown « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#45 : August 24, 2009, 11:14:44 PM

Zac Robinson is pretty damn good.  I'd give him the edge over anybody else in the SEC.

Even Smelly??? Come on, Smelly is Da Man! Oh, wait he isn't even playing football anymore.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#46 : August 24, 2009, 11:15:09 PM

Those other guys have to prove it first.  Right now Robinson has the edge on them.

Perhaps, but right now everyone is 0-0.

Either way, I don't look at the Big 12 and see this dominant QB conference...

Zac Robinson was good last year.

what conference is more dominant at QB, going into the year?

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#47 : August 24, 2009, 11:15:52 PM

To get personal would have to take you seriously..and I don't. I was just attempting yet again to have an intelligent discussion. But once again you have no interest in that, as I suspected. Once the facts are laid out you just go back to your personal attacks and childish insults at a fan base.

Typical.

FACT---- turds fear the U.

Still in denial?

FACT--No one fears the U.  No one.  

FACT--No one thinks you know anything about college football.  No one.

Oh, and for the record

BIG XII > SEC. Quote me on that.

ROTFLMWAO. WOW Do they even play defense in the big12?

does the ACC doing anything well?

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#48 : August 24, 2009, 11:20:07 PM

To get personal would have to take you seriously..and I don't. I was just attempting yet again to have an intelligent discussion. But once again you have no interest in that, as I suspected. Once the facts are laid out you just go back to your personal attacks and childish insults at a fan base.

Typical.

Still in denial?

FACT--No one fears the U. �No one. �

FACT--No one thinks you know anything about college football. �No one.

Oh, and for the record

10 out of 12 teams played in bowl games. Not a 1 team conference like the pac 10 is.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#49 : August 24, 2009, 11:25:26 PM

Typical.

Still in denial?

Oh, and for the record

10 out of 12 teams played in bowl games. Not a 1 team conference like the pac 10 is.

so if another team finishes in the top 10 as well its still a 1 team conference? How many ACC teams finished in the top 10?

Enjoy watching your 84 YPG rushing attack with your 180 yards of passing a game. Ill watch paint dry.

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#50 : August 24, 2009, 11:35:15 PM

Typical.

Still in denial?

Oh, and for the record

so if another team finishes in the top 10 as well its still a 1 team conference? How many ACC teams finished in the top 10?

Enjoy watching your 84 YPG rushing attack with your 180 yards of passing a game. Ill watch paint dry.

drinking and posting tonight are we?

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#51 : August 24, 2009, 11:35:45 PM

BIG XII > SEC.  Quote me on that.

Which conference has 3 straight NCs???

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#52 : August 25, 2009, 10:46:37 AM

QB's in Big XII better as they face no real defenses. The passing numbers are gawdy and the Big XII pass defense rankings tell you allyou need to know.

Well its still better than the SEC. SEC has 2 QB's and a bunch of unknowns

Who are the great big 12 QB's besides McCoy/Bradford?

And the Baylor QB has as much if not more upside than any other QB in the SEC not named Snead or Tebow.

Sure 'nuff.  He's the reason Baylor is considered a really dangerous sleeper team this year...

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#53 : August 25, 2009, 05:55:38 PM

BIG XII > SEC.  Quote me on that.

Which conference has 3 straight NCs???

LMAO

LFO

Hall of Famer

#54 : August 25, 2009, 08:22:18 PM

That's fine, but as of this moment Robinson is better than any other QB not named Tebow or Snead in the SEC.

More accomplished, sure, but that is based more on opportunity than anything.  Mallet was rated the #2 QB out of HS for a reason.  He was the victim of circumstance more than anything.  Under Petrino I think he's going to shine. 

I think it's safe to say, the talent level of QB is as least as good in the SEC as the Big 12.

I'll put more stock in Robinson if he does to UGA week 1 what he did to the Big 12 defenses last year....

duanet75

Pro Bowler
#55 : August 25, 2009, 08:45:05 PM

That's fine, but as of this moment Robinson is better than any other QB not named Tebow or Snead in the SEC.

More accomplished, sure, but that is based more on opportunity than anything. Mallet was rated the #2 QB out of HS for a reason. He was the victim of circumstance more than anything. Under Petrino I think he's going to shine.

I think it's safe to say, the talent level of QB is as least as good in the SEC as the Big 12.

I'll put more stock in Robinson if he does to UGA week 1 what he did to the Big 12 defenses last year....

LFO they dont play defense in the big 12. Look what your gators did to them. They got a date in Miami OCT 4TH.  Yet Miami lacks the expierience that UF has. But they have the speed.

Ill be there cant wait. You know how our tradition is with so called Heisman trophy winners at the U.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#56 : August 25, 2009, 08:57:13 PM

Until proven otherwise, Big 12 QB's > SEC QB's.  That should be the non-homer stance anyways...

LFO

Hall of Famer

#57 : August 25, 2009, 09:08:10 PM

Until proven otherwise, Big 12 QB's > SEC QB's.  That should be the non-homer stance anyways...

There are probably some WAC QB's who put up great numbers as well, and some D2 QB's also...but at some point competition has to be considered.

The thing about the SEC QB's was you had a few who were men amongst boys, in a defense dominated conference.  The Big 12 seemingly every QB put up huge numbers in a conference with poor defenses.

In the 2 head to head matchups I think the SEC QB's outplayed the Big 12 counterparts last year, in 2 wins...Tebow/Snead over Bradford/Harrell.  The SEC offenses are more balanced so you don't always see the gaudy numbers of some of the Big 12 QB's, but that doesn't mean they are any less effective. 

I think last year the SEC QB's were just as good if not better, all things considered...and it's not "homer"ish to think this year will be any different.  Talent wise the SEC QB's are just as good if not better.  Just because the SEC is breaking in some new guys who have waited their chance (Cox, Jefferson, Mallet, etc.) does not mean they are any worse.  It simply means they haven't had the opportunities of a guy like Robinson.  As of right know, nobody has proven anything THIS year. 

I think it was proven last year the SEC QB's could hang with the Big 12.  I don't think this year is going to be any different.  At this point it is all on paper.  And I believe on paper the SEC QB's stack up just fine with the Big 12, or any other conference for that matter. 

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#58 : August 25, 2009, 09:13:10 PM

There are probably some WAC QB's who put up great numbers as well, and some D2 QB's also...but at some point competition has to be considered.

The thing about the SEC QB's was you had a few who were men amongst boys, in a defense dominated conference.  The Big 12 seemingly every QB put up huge numbers in a conference with poor defenses.

I think last year the SEC QB's were just as good if not better, all things considered...and it's not "homer"ish to think this year will be any different.  Talent wise the SEC QB's are just as good if not better.  Just because the SEC is breaking in some new guys who have waited their chance (Cox, Jefferson, Mallet, etc.) does not mean they are any worse.  It simply means they haven't had the opportunities of a guy like Robinson.  As of right know, nobody has proven anything THIS year. 

I think it was proven last year the SEC QB's could hang with the Big 12.  I don't think this year is going to be any different.  At this point it is all on paper.  And I believe on paper the SEC QB's stack up just fine with the Big 12, or any other conference for that matter. 

well if your a Big 12 fan you say... the defense puts up big stats because of the poor QB play. You can always use the reverse psychology.

Cox looked like garbage when I saw a re run on ESPN U the other night. And wasnt he the guy who transferred out of TT because Harrell beat him out?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#59 : August 25, 2009, 09:15:06 PM

And I believe on paper the SEC QB's stack up just fine with the Big 12, or any other conference for that matter.�

The QB's you are talking about don't have anything on paper.  They are unproven.  Until they prove otherwise, they aren't better than Robinson or Reesing in college.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: 2009 Schedule Breakdown « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools