Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Regardless of QB « previous next »
Page: 1

rocko23

Hall of Famer
: August 23, 2009, 04:59:40 PM

the running game needs to really get going this week. if we cant run the rock then playaction is dead on arrival.  I really like the use of B.J Askwe this guy can be our B. Jacobs all day long.

i also really like Urrutia, this guy is showing up on the practice field and in games,lets hope he can keep it up and earns a roster spot which he should be able to do. I really want to see the team come out on O and dominate the running game and the D play mistake free football while the starters are in the game.  I like what all qb's did this week'

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 23, 2009, 05:05:19 PM

I don't know if you want to use Askew as your "B. Jacob all day long." Askew has a serious history with injuries and he is our best option at fullback. If he goes down that moves Cook in (If he makes the roster) and the play at FB dips.

We have a lot of viable options to play RB we don't need to add our FB into the mix. A carry here and there sure, but he is getting paid his millions to block and be a threat out of the backfield.

I agree Urrutia is a nice prospect. My final WR prediction is AB, MC, Straugter, Clark, Jackson, Urrutia.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 23, 2009, 05:06:40 PM

jackson is not making the team.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 23, 2009, 05:07:29 PM

You really think Jackson makes the final roster?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : August 23, 2009, 05:08:01 PM

The Buccaneers running game has averaged 148.5 yards through 2 preseason games, which is third in the NFL.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 23, 2009, 05:10:04 PM

I got 6 WR's making the final roster, it's either going to be Stovall or Jackson for that final spot. I guess you could say Stovall can be used in more areas than Jackson, but in all honesty I would rather have Jackson. Stovall doesn't show up when you need him, he disappears and is often injured. Just my 2 cents.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 23, 2009, 05:12:56 PM

and where has Jackson showed up? not on special teams where he will be used and that is where Stovall excels. No way he makes it over Stovall. Stroughter has made Jackson obsolete

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 23, 2009, 05:22:51 PM

and where has Jackson showed up? not on special teams where he will be used and that is where Stovall excels. No way he makes it over Stovall. Stroughter has made Jackson obsolete
I guess you could be right. Straughter has shown he can more than handle the return duties if need be. Shame, goes down as one of the biggest busts in Buc history if he is released.

Anyone know what the cap hit would be to release the speedy money thief if he were to be released? 

Still looking forward to Cambell coming back into action, doubt he makes the team though. (Use that as motivation buddy, play your ail off)

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 23, 2009, 06:53:06 PM

I got 6 WR's making the final roster, it's either going to be Stovall or Jackson for that final spot. I guess you could say Stovall can be used in more areas than Jackson, but in all honesty I would rather have Jackson. Stovall doesn't show up when you need him, he disappears and is often injured. Just my 2 cents.

With two pass-catching tight ends on the roster, I really don't see us keeping 6 WR's on the final 53, especially with our current DB situation.

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#9 : August 24, 2009, 02:28:40 AM

Askew is good, I don't know if we keep 2 full backs. Graham is a decent full back so I say instead of keeping cook, we save the roster spot for places we are thin at or places where we have an abundance of talent. If we cut cook, that may be an extra roster spot for say, Josh Johnson, Huggins whose been lighting it up himself, an extra safety, corner or linebacker which we are in dire need of.

I think we keep 5 wide receivers. Stroughter, Clark, M-80, and Antonio Bryant will make the roster in my opinion. That leaves that final spot for three guys, Urrutia, Stovall, and Jackson. It has to be a guy with Special Teamer, and I don't know how Urrutia has been doing on special teams. We don't really need a returner, so Jackson may be the easy odd man out.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Regardless of QB « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools