Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Break from the Gruden Era? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 24, 2009, 01:44:29 PM

So Gruden got 7 years (and you think he should have gotten longer) to fix those problems, and Morris only gets 7 months? Makes sense.

When you make a change, especially at HC, it's supposed to be a change for the BETTER. ?They canned a 9-7 coach who's defense largely led to the teams demise. ?They canned the winningest coach in Buc history. ?A guy that won 3 division titles (whereas each other team in the division has only what, one each?). ?They fired a guy that not only took the Bucs to the Superbowl, but built the team they beat. ?

In the end, it really doesn't matter though. ?No coach will be a legitimate threat with this tight azz ownership.
The ownership fired Tony Dungy because they thought somebody else could do a better job coaching his team. Jon Gruden provided immediate results. They fired Jon Gruden because they thought somebody else could do a better job building a team. That's not going to happen overnight.

How come?  Gruden did it. Harbaugh did it.  Mike Smith did it.  You'll probably see Mike Singletary do it this year.  Sparano did it. 

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 24, 2009, 01:45:52 PM

The Bucs were a championship-caliber team when Gruden arrived.  They weren't when Gruden left.

You really don't see the difference in the situations?

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 24, 2009, 01:47:29 PM

The Bucs were a championship-caliber team when Gruden arrived. They weren't when Gruden left.

On the offensive side of the ball, I see more talent (minus QB) than Gruden had.  On the defensive side of the ball, not as much.  All in all, a wash.  Morris, IMO has just as much to work with as Gruden did.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 24, 2009, 01:49:30 PM

Your opinion differs from damn near every other person following the league.  The Buccaneers were expected to compete for a Superbowl in 2002.  This year, they are expected to compete for a top 10 draft pick.

Seriously, Gruden is gone.  Let him go....

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 24, 2009, 01:51:28 PM

Your opinion differs from damn near every other person following the league. The Buccaneers were expected to compete for a Superbowl in 2002. This year, they are expected to compete for a top 10 draft pick.

Seriously, Gruden is gone. Let him go....

I've let him go.  I'm just still screaming for a suitable replacement. 

MBF

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 24, 2009, 01:52:46 PM

So we've deemed Raheem as an unsuitable replacement without having played a regular season game?

Cool!

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 24, 2009, 01:53:57 PM

So we've deemed Raheem as an unsuitable replacement without having played a regular season game?

Cool!

Yep.  And if he does any worse than 9-7, it will prove my point.

STERN11354

Starter

#37 : August 24, 2009, 01:54:50 PM

I will base my decision on wins and losses....anything less than 9-7 is a failure

Then by that statement Dungy was a failure in his first year since he went 6-10 and Wyche went 7-9 the year before.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#38 : August 24, 2009, 01:55:40 PM

So Gruden got 7 years (and you think he should have gotten longer) to fix those problems, and Morris only gets 7 months? Makes sense.

They canned a 9-7 coach who's defense largely led to the teams demise. �

No, They canned a coach who's Defense CARRIED his PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR AN OFFENSE for 7 YEARS!

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 24, 2009, 01:56:55 PM

LOL, I know you're trying to make Raheem look bad but you just reminded us all the reasons why Gruden got bounced.

Things we have now that we didn't with Gruden

1) Young (potential franchise) QB

2) No more retreads

3) Marquee offensive threat in K2

4) Young guys getting real chances to show what they're made of

5) No Griese

6) No playing favorites
MBF,
Great Post. Telling it the way that it was !!

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 24, 2009, 01:58:33 PM

5) No Griese

Had the Bucs never signed Griese I think Jon would still be here.

+1

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 24, 2009, 02:00:47 PM

When a HC is unable to take control of the entire team (defense included) what do you expect to happen?  The Griese/McCown situation doesn't help either and was the start of the end when that decision was made.

I have said multiple times that Grudens decision to start a guy who had been out for almost a month with tendinitis over Luke was the one that did him in and the worst coaching move of his tenure in Tampa.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 24, 2009, 02:00:57 PM

I will base my decision on wins and losses....anything less than 9-7 is a failure

Then by that statement Dungy was a failure in his first year since he went 6-10 and Wyche went 7-9 the year before.

And we should have canned Gruden after 7-9, 5-11, and 4-12

MBF

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 24, 2009, 02:02:12 PM

5) No Griese

Had the Bucs never signed Griese I think Jon would still be here.

+1
Whose decision was it to bring SoB back to Tampa?

Cool!

Yep. And if he does any worse than 9-7, it will prove my point.
Did you hate Dungy too?

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#44 : August 24, 2009, 02:04:32 PM

The Bucs were a championship-caliber team when Gruden arrived. They weren't when Gruden left.

Morris, IMO has just as much to work with as Gruden did.

...Uh.... WHAT? You are smoking CRACK? There isn't an offensive player on this roster that is the equivalent to Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp, or John Lynch in their primes (The 2002 Season)...... PERIOD!!!! Derrick Brooks was the DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR! Do we have an "Offensive Player of the Year" on this roster? Do we even have a perineal Offensive Pro Bowler on this Roster??? IMO... You're High!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Break from the Gruden Era? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools