Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lost in all the QB talk... how about Kyle Moore? « previous next »
Page: 1

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

: August 24, 2009, 11:44:25 AM

I liked what I saw from this kid.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#1 : August 24, 2009, 11:48:28 AM

I liked him also and he looks like a force inside and out. I also like Miller and Louis Holmes...they have the making of a real strong line.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 24, 2009, 11:55:30 AM

Needs more burn against first teams. I've been impressed with his ability thus far.

Buc31

Starter

#3 : August 24, 2009, 12:00:12 PM

The guy is going to make some noise in this league, he was a key contributor on a great USC team..can't go wrong with that.

vladin

Starter

#4 : August 24, 2009, 12:03:16 PM

looked good.  our draft is shaping up to be potentially great this year.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 24, 2009, 12:05:54 PM

Looks better than I had expected based on his college production.  Still rather we'd taken Sidbury, though.

An the flip side, what's up with Wilkerson?

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#6 : August 24, 2009, 12:08:14 PM

Looks better than I had expected based on his college production.  Still rather we'd taken Sidbury, though.

Right now...Wilkerson could be on the bubble.

Madman

Hall of Famer
#7 : August 24, 2009, 12:24:30 PM

Looks better than I had expected based on his college production.� Still rather we'd taken Sidbury, though.

What? No way. Wilkerson will be the starter and I expect he'll play very well.

I do like what Kyle Moore has done so far though.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 24, 2009, 12:38:26 PM

I think both of those players had enormous upside, it's just that Sidbury is doing better in preseason. I'll wait til the regular season and see what they do, I think Moore might come out on top in that battle.

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#9 : August 24, 2009, 12:53:06 PM

Looks better than I had expected based on his college production.? Still rather we'd taken Sidbury, though.

I think both of those players had enormous upside, it's just that Sidbury is doing better in preseason. I'll wait til the regular season and see what they do, I think Moore might come out on top in that battle.

To me it was more of what position they are best suited for.  Sidbury is capable of playing RDE, whereas Moore is strictly a LDE. 4-3 LDEs are much easier (and cheaper) to come by, and it would have been nice to have a better option if Gaines goes down or is ultimately better suited for the left side.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 24, 2009, 01:03:10 PM

Looks better than I had expected based on his college production.? Still rather we'd taken Sidbury, though.

To me it was more of what position they are best suited for.  Sidbury is capable of playing RDE, whereas Moore is strictly a LDE. 4-3 LDEs are much easier (and cheaper) to come by, and it would have been nice to have a better option if Gaines goes down or is ultimately better suited for the left side.
Completely agree. Everyone seemed to think Sidbury would be a project but I've been impressed with how well he has played this pre-season.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

BucsMagic64

Starter

#11 : August 24, 2009, 01:08:58 PM

Looks better than I had expected based on his college production.� Still rather we'd taken Sidbury, though.

Wilkerson was already named the starter at LDE. As far as Moore goes, yeah he looks solid. Don't think he will be a pro bowl player but he can be a solid contributor.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#12 : August 24, 2009, 01:11:15 PM

I liked what i saw from Gaines

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 24, 2009, 01:14:50 PM

Moore was a better run defender than pass rusher coming out of the draft; most of the time it is the other way around with these young defensive ends. Underrated on that USC defense. Was able to engage the linemen so his great linebackers would be freed up.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 24, 2009, 01:17:15 PM

I like how are entire defensive line has played this preseason.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Lost in all the QB talk... how about Kyle Moore? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools