Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gannon Commentating Bucs Game « previous next »
Page: 1

Pick6

Hall of Famer
: October 16, 2006, 08:48:00 PM

i'm watching the broadcast of the game today for the first time (was at ), and couldn't help but notice the game commentary...

i generally hate CBS as a football network, but what a great move by them to have gannon doing color for the bucs game.....i was just watching it, and as a former gruden QB, gannon did a great job of covering the biggest story on bucs fans' minds - bruce's development in gruden's offense.  it was great to hear him citing audibles, calling out routes, breaking down what happened vs what was supposed to happen, and generally giving bucs fans a very clear idea of what grads is doing well and what he needs to work on.....

what stood out to me was his breakdown of the interception, how bruce audibled to an aggressive play and took 5 steps on a designed 3 step play.....as a bucs fan, i'm having alot of fun hearing gannon talk about the offense that he knows better than everybody but gruden

don't know if gannon will ever be an a-list color guy, but it was great timing for him to call the game with the bucs  in a potential watershed period for this offense.

Hit55Fan

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 16, 2006, 08:54:22 PM

rich needs to grab a clipboard and coach grudens QB's

He made some comments that I think could help bruce.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#2 : October 16, 2006, 09:13:09 PM

Gannon's commentary yesterday was very enjoyable, like bucinto said, a pleasure to listen to his insights and observations.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

SB4TB

Starter

#3 : October 16, 2006, 09:38:30 PM

I prefer CBS to Fox anyway, but Gannon was indeed awesome during the game

Mex-Buc

Rookie

#4 : October 16, 2006, 10:56:50 PM

yeah man it was so cool that Gannon broadcasted the game, he knew what was coming in every play with that offense he should be an assistant Qb coach for Gruden... he would help a lot here

gruber

Pro Bowler

#5 : October 17, 2006, 07:05:10 AM

I don't listen much to the broadcaters but... was Gannon the one who said we had Cadilliac Anderson and Mark Clayton? I do wish I payed attention to him  explainig our O.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Gannon Commentating Bucs Game « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools