Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The question was: Why has the running game improved so much the past two weeks? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

WILLBLEE

Starter

#15 : October 17, 2006, 02:04:17 AM

I see his comments as no problem. If I were Simms, it would make me hungrier, pissed and more determined.
Telling the truth publicly, or in the locker room never hurt anyone.
Grads does make the opposing D's respect the passing game alot more with his athleticism.
That's why Caddy is finally getting the 100 YPG.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#16 : October 17, 2006, 02:42:43 AM

Simms was really getting under Gruden's skin. We all could see it on TV, too. Gruden doesn't hide his emotions on the field and most often that is the real Gruden on the field...in his press conferences he goes out of his way to defend players who aren't playing well. In many instances, I think he sugar coats how the players are doing.

He was pissed at Simms not because he was immobile, but because he was unwilling to run and indecisive in general. Simms wasn't leading this team anywhere this season and now we have a guy who is decisive. Like him or hate him, Bruce is decisive with the football. He showed a few moments of not being so decisive last week but he ironed that out and we got the win. As the season goes on, he is going to improve and those are going to get to be fewer and fewer hopefully. For Simms, the indecisiveness characterized his play this season and that is unacceptable. He could have kept some plays and drives alive with his feet but he refused to do so or wasn't quick enough mentally to do so and that is what had Gruden steamed I think.

There is a big difference between Gruden saying so and so sucks because he can't make a play and so and so sucks because he wouldn't make the play. Simms wouldn't make the plays but still, there are no hard feelings here. Gruden probably just wanted to sing some praises for Bruce and he did that.

finnbluebucs

Hall of Famer
#17 : October 17, 2006, 07:33:41 AM

At the end of the day, Bruce is a prototype Gruden QB, whereas Simms very much isnt.

\"We are frustrated at not making the playoffs. It is a good start. That is all it is. It is a good start for something that we are going to be in the future. - Josh Freeman

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#18 : October 17, 2006, 09:13:32 AM

I see his comments as no problem.

I prefer it when the coach speaks honestly about the situation, particularly when many of us already can see it for ourselves. Doing otherwise sounds simply evasive.

drywallbuc

Starter

#19 : October 17, 2006, 09:53:07 AM

i cant tell most times when they're bs'n us or telling the truth about what they are thinking. on the field it seems to me also  gruden lets it all hang out. he should be all about grads since he has the qb in that he wants, dont remember him calling simms out by name, but sure he was sending a message still.

buy american
hire american
save america

boycott chinese goods

watson

Hall of Famer
#20 : October 17, 2006, 10:44:45 AM

3 games.....7 interceptions.......0 touchdowns......who the heck knows how many batted passes.  I'm sorry but Simms threw himself under the bus.  I think he has talent, but not many in the NFL don't have talent.  He appears to be a quality young man and he very well could be a very good QB in a different offense, but he is not now and unless he totally changes his game and the way the winds up to throw the ball (which telegraphs to the defense when and where he is going to throw the ball), never will be the QB that JG wants for his offense. 

As has been said over and over.......in the NFL you usually get what you earn.

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 17, 2006, 10:52:20 AM

My god you are a tough bunch.  I am the founder member of the “Buy Chris Simms A One-way Ticket Out Of Town Club”, but I don’t agree with Gruden tearing him down when he is out injured.

We all know he had problems and he is almost certainly done in Tampa, but why kick him when he is down.   It also has a negative effect on the rest of the team, those guys are his friends and you have to keep their trust.

You don’t do your dirty washing in public IMO.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#22 : October 17, 2006, 11:43:12 AM

We all saw the games and everything is on tape. Chris Simms does not have what Grads does...moxy! I don't care that Gru threw him under the bus or whatever. He told the absolute truth and Chris might be better off in another system. On top of that, if your OL is not up to par, you better have a QB like Grads. Our OL is getting better though and we ARE going to beat Philly this week! I mean that !!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#23 : October 17, 2006, 11:59:16 AM

3 games.....7 interceptions.......0 touchdowns......who the heck knows how many batted passes. I'm sorry but Simms threw himself under the bus. I think he has talent, but not many in the NFL don't have talent. He appears to be a quality young man and he very well could be a very good QB in a different offense, but he is not now and unless he totally changes his game and the way the winds up to throw the ball (which telegraphs to the defense when and where he is going to throw the ball), never will be the QB that JG wants for his offense.

As has been said over and over.......in the NFL you usually get what you earn.

Lets see, Rex Grossman had four picks and two fumbles, and several batted balls down versus the stinking Cards, and I don't think Lovie would throw him under the bus. And FWIW, those numbers make Simms look like a God this season.

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#24 : October 17, 2006, 12:01:20 PM

Lets see, Rex Grossman had four picks and two fumbles, and several batted balls down versus the stinking Cards, and I don't think Lovie would throw him under the bus. And FWIW, those numbers make Simms look like a God this season.

And Rex has looked like a God the entire season until now.

Simms hardly looked good at any point.

doobiedoright

Hall of Famer

#25 : October 17, 2006, 12:09:58 PM

Ever consider it might be a way to decrease the money simms will be looking for?.That way we can at least keep him for clip board holder!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#26 : October 17, 2006, 12:24:50 PM

Ever consider it might be a way to decrease the money simms will be looking for?.That way we can at least keep him for clip board holder!

LMAO

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#27 : October 17, 2006, 12:27:27 PM

And Rex has looked like a God the entire season until now.

Simms hardly looked good at any point.

I would have taken Simms in any of those prior games before I took Rex last night.  He was about the worst looking QB I have EVER SEEN PLAY yesterday.  He should have had 5 or six picks, in all reality.  The Cards CB dropped on that hit him right in the chest.  The guy who ripped off Larry Johnsons head last week...the second year guy, can't think of his name.  Anyway, Grossman was a dud yesterday.  Simms never looked that bad.

watson

Hall of Famer
#28 : October 17, 2006, 12:34:55 PM

Boid,
As I said, I think he has talent.  But he is not a good fit here and if you listened to Buccaneer Blitz last week one of the points that was made was how his wind up style gave the defense time to react.  And his performance in the first 3 games this year put him under the bus.  No one threw him there. 

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

Pick6

Hall of Famer
#29 : October 17, 2006, 12:44:23 PM

favre had days like that, it's a consequence of playing the way he does without the benefit of veteran savvy to temper some of those mistakes and remember there's plenty of time left to come back.  i'm not saying he's favre, but there's a downside to the gunslinger mentality which has allowed the bears to be the #1 scoring offense until now, and it came out tonight.

i'd take rex's last 6 games over simms' last 6 games, not even a debate. especially the W-L record involved. 5-1 vs 1-5 and simms had better offensive weapons to work with.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The question was: Why has the running game improved so much the past two weeks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools