Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The question was: Why has the running game improved so much the past two weeks? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#30 : October 17, 2006, 12:46:45 PM

If you just look at the time that Simms dropped back in the pocket compared to Grads...there is no comparison. Grads is back very quick and ready to make a decision. To me Simms used to almost "showboat" in a way and everything seemed slow. Grads is going to have his lumps and may not end up with a good record but I do know that he has brought some excitement to this offense that we have not seen in a while. It is too bad that Chris got hurt but this is the NFL and it is violent. I'm totally behind Grads and as far as Simms goes...good luck!

gone

Hall of Famer
#31 : October 17, 2006, 01:47:57 PM

My god you are a tough bunch.  I am the founder member of the “Buy Chris Simms A One-way Ticket Out Of Town Club”, but I don’t agree with Gruden tearing him down when he is out injured.

We all know he had problems and he is almost certainly done in Tampa, but why kick him when he is down.   It also has a negative effect on the rest of the team, those guys are his friends and you have to keep their trust.

You don’t do your dirty washing in public IMO.

And as a charter member of that club, I agree.  Doesn't make sense.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#32 : October 17, 2006, 01:49:00 PM

I still fail to see where Gruden is tearing the kid down.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#33 : October 17, 2006, 02:41:19 PM

The last two weeks, the Bucs have played two teams that are ranked 29th and 31st for yards per carry allowed. That might have something to do with it.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#34 : October 17, 2006, 02:44:06 PM

The last two weeks, the Bucs have played two teams that are ranked 29th and 31st for yards per carry allowed. That might have something to do with it.

Take your dumbfounded logic and be gone.   :P

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : October 17, 2006, 03:06:18 PM

Actually, I believe he was agreeing with you, RedAlert (see the icon).

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#36 : October 17, 2006, 03:06:46 PM

Actually, I believe he was agreeing with you, RedAlert (see the icon).

Correct.  ;)

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#37 : October 17, 2006, 03:07:46 PM

Ah, my bad.

I can't tell what that little face thingy is doing..

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#38 : October 17, 2006, 03:11:03 PM

Ah, my bad.

I can't tell what that little face thingy is doing..

The phrase: "Take your dumbfounded logic and be gone", actually means you are spot on stop being so sensible.

buckit

Hall of Famer

#39 : October 17, 2006, 03:11:36 PM

I tuned in to the Gruden coach's show this evening. T.J. Rives posed the question: Why has the running game gotten so much better the past two weeks? Gruden's answers, offered very quickly and in this order:

1. We're throwing the ball better;
2. We now have a QB who is a a bigger threat to defenses;
3. The new QB forces opposing defenses to "play us honest";
4. Joseph and Trueblood are helping out;
5. Cadillac Williams is an outstanding RB.

Not only did the change at QB show that the batted balls problem shouldn't have been laid at the feet of the OL, but as stated several weeks ago, the change at QB was going to be a big factor in improving the running game. In the Jon Gruden offense, as with other variations of the WCO, the short and intermediate passing game and mobility at the QB position is important to propelling the run game.

Earlier in the program, Gruden talked about how important Gradkowski's mobility is to the offense. He commented on Bruce being able to get 19-20 yards a game on his own, which translates into about 320 yards over the season and about 18-19 first downs. Coach stated that the extra mobility at the QB position was something that "we've needed around here for a long, long time".

Like I said, there were those in the Bucs organization who would have liked to have seen Gradkowski starting from day one. Without naming names, let me just say that one of those people may have (cough, cough) the initials of PH.

Wow.  That's an awful lot of credit being given to Bruce Gradkowski.  I would think it had to do more with the line than anything else.  In the first 2 games, the line was banged up and patchworked together.  Now we have both O-linemen that we drafted out there, and we're seeing a difference.  Take into account Caddy's back spasms for 2 games, and the answer is obvious.  It isn't as sexy as crediting Grads, but it is the truth.

Dear Glazers,

Please sell the team to Eddie DeBartolo.

Thank you,
--the fans

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#40 : October 17, 2006, 03:13:42 PM

It isn't as sexy as crediting Grads, but it is the truth.

I think most of us know that, but it doesn't detract from Gruden's statement. He is basically slamming the door on Simms ever suiting up for the Bucs again.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#41 : October 17, 2006, 03:15:43 PM

Wow.  That's an awful lot of credit being given to Bruce Gradkowski.  I would think it had to do more with the line than anything else.  In the first 2 games, the line was banged up and patchworked together.  Now we have both O-linemen that we drafted out there, and we're seeing a difference.  Take into account Caddy's back spasms for 2 games, and the answer is obvious.  It isn't as sexy as crediting Grads, but it is the truth.

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#42 : October 17, 2006, 03:17:42 PM

The phrase: "Take your dumbfounded logic and be gone", actually means you are spot on stop being so sensible.

Well, my translator is at lunch...

Then again, I would've just said  "You are spot on stop being so sensible."

*insert non-confrontational little smiley face thing here*

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#43 : October 17, 2006, 03:27:11 PM

My god you are a tough bunch. I am the founder member of the “Buy Chris Simms A One-way Ticket Out Of Town Club”, but I don’t agree with Gruden tearing him down when he is out injured.

We all know he had problems and he is almost certainly done in Tampa, but why kick him when he is down. It also has a negative effect on the rest of the team, those guys are his friends and you have to keep their trust.

You don’t do your dirty washing in public IMO.

It is what it is. It's not like Gruden's making this up, EVERYONE saw it. Simms held this offense back tremendously and now it's more evident with Bruce running the show. Gruden could care less if it's Simms or Grads, he just want a QB that makes plays.....PERIOD. When that player isn't making plays then damn straight call his ass out. Those battes passes were REDICULOUS and uncalled for. The amount of 3 and outs was killing this defense, how many 3 and outs have we had since Grads? Not nearly as many.

I used to love Simms but now screw him, he's done here. I don't care if Grads falls flat on his face the next 11 games, Simms is done in my book and hopefully the Bucs. Grads has shown me 100x more in two f-ing games than what Simms did in 14. Cee-ya!

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#44 : October 17, 2006, 04:29:46 PM

Well, my translator is at lunch...

Then again, I would've just said  "You are spot on stop being so sensible."

LOL.......I can't do that, sarcasm is much more fun.   ;D

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The question was: Why has the running game improved so much the past two weeks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools