Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The question was: Why has the running game improved so much the past two weeks? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

#45 : October 17, 2006, 06:40:55 PM

I am not sure what good comes from the Coach offering such comments.  That is the second time in a week - first the D and now Simms.  I believe this is a bad habit for a coach that wants to lead a successful team to bet into.  IMHO he needs to stop this kinda of "entertainment" with the press/media 

Totally agree Dave.....not good "coach-speak" at all.

ONEBIGDADDY

Hall of Famer

#46 : October 17, 2006, 08:26:06 PM

Gruden did give Simms his chance and it cost us 3 games and alot of batted passes. I think that he Gruden has done a splendid job and by the way if I screw up I expect my boss to call me out to do better. I feel he didn't embarrass him he was just pointing out the obvious....OBD

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#47 : October 17, 2006, 09:11:46 PM

And as a charter member of that club, I agree. Doesn't make sense.
My god you are a tough bunch. I am the founder member of the “Buy Chris Simms A One-way Ticket Out Of Town Club”, but I don’t agree with Gruden tearing him down when he is out injured.

We all know he had problems and he is almost certainly done in Tampa, but why kick him when he is down. It also has a negative effect on the rest of the team, those guys are his friends and you have to keep their trust.

You don’t do your dirty washing in public IMO.

Agree.  The implication that all is now well bc of Grads means all was bad bc of Simms.   Even if this were accurate, and it is not, why  put that out to the media - there is nothing good that would come from it in my mind.  Again, second time in a week.  Gru backed pff on the comments about the d - this is not consistent with gaining the trust or respect of the team.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

ToddyBuc

Hall of Famer

#48 : October 17, 2006, 11:27:35 PM

Davin Joseph and Trueblood are beasts..

Average age of the oline has to be 25 years old..

Bucs-Lightning already World Champions. Rays Next!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: The question was: Why has the running game improved so much the past two weeks? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools