Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS EXTEND QB COMPETITION ONE MORE WEEK « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12

john.matincheck

Starter

: August 24, 2009, 03:25:06 PM

Sad. This just tells me that Morris wants Leftwich to win the job but he hasn't done enough in the games to actually win it outright. I would much rather see the kid get the reps with the 1st team. This basically tells us that Leftwich will start week one but that he is getting the job by default more than by winning it.

PewterReportCC

Hall of Famer
#1 : August 24, 2009, 03:20:19 PM

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/5764

vladin

Starter

#2 : August 24, 2009, 03:29:09 PM

I hope they play exactly the same.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 24, 2009, 03:30:57 PM

What a waste...If lefty/clown have yet to take the reigns of this offense, we should go with our Franchise Qb who has proven he's just as capable as these other two BANDAGE BACKUP QB'S

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 24, 2009, 03:31:19 PM

Sad. This just tells me that Morris wants Leftwich to win the job but he hasn't done enough in the games to actually win it outright. I would much rather see the kid get the reps with the 1st team. This basically tells us that Leftwich will start week one but that he is getting the job by default more than by winning it.

I think its that he want Luke to win the job.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

vladin

Starter

#5 : August 24, 2009, 03:32:52 PM

I think its that he want Luke to win the job.

No way.  He has plenty of ammo to award Luke the job today.  His problem is he doesn't have enough ammo to award Leftwich the job.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#6 : August 24, 2009, 03:33:35 PM

This basically tells us that Leftwich will start week one but that he is getting the job by default more than by winning it.

Actually, no, it doesn't tell me that....but , then again, neither am I a conspiracy theorist nor do I suffer from paraphrenia.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 24, 2009, 03:34:48 PM

This tells me that Luke has closed the gap a bit and they need to see each guy get a little more time. A quarter and a half each would provide more opportunity for the coaches to determine how these guys are going to function in the new offense. Clearly this QB competition is for real, and truly open to someone winning it. If they'd have wanted Leftwich to be the starter, they could have simply named him that right here and now. Not doing so and also not intending to play Freeman early on proves that this is a real competition and that either one of those guys can take it.

Hopefully someone will put a stranglehold on the starter's position, even though that starting position is only for this year.

JC510

Practice Squad

#8 : August 24, 2009, 03:38:38 PM

He has plenty of ammo to award Luke the job today.  His problem is he doesn't have enough ammo to award Leftwich the job.

Bingo.

vladin

Starter

#9 : August 24, 2009, 03:39:23 PM

Whatever..  they will make a decision hopefully then by the weekend and all of this will be over.  Miami of course needs to cooperate by a.) playing its starters for 3 quarters and b.) not ripping off any 8 minute drives on us so we can get a look at these guys.... again....

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#10 : August 24, 2009, 03:45:23 PM

No way.  He has plenty of ammo to award Luke the job today.  His problem is he doesn't have enough ammo to award Leftwich the job.

Maybe you don't understand how this works. You see, this isn't only a one-man decision. And if the staff wanted Leftwich to be the starter on opening day, all they have to do is come out and name him the starter. Period. End of story.

The fact that they haven't SHOULD actually tell you that they are truly making a sincere attempt to decide who gets the job. Extending the competition only HURTS Byron Leftwich in this situation, it doesn't help him -- Byron posted a passable performance while Luke posted a pretty darned good one. The pressure is now on Leftwich and if he screws up against Miami, the door is wide open for Luke to walk through.

Maybe too many people are accustomed to the head coach saying one thing despite doing another.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#11 : August 24, 2009, 03:46:35 PM

He has plenty of ammo to award Luke the job today.  His problem is he doesn't have enough ammo to award Leftwich the job.

Bingo.

He's the head coach. He can do whatever the hell he wants whenever the hell he wants. He doesn't need ammo to justify anything just like Gruden didn't need any to start Gradkowski over Rattay or a banged up Griese over Luke.

FartMan

Pro Bowler
#12 : August 24, 2009, 03:46:40 PM

I'm not buying any of the hidden agenda theories... If "Rah" was leaning strongly one way or the other, it would be over by now.  

After all the OTA's, Training Camp and 2 preseason games... I don't know what he plans to see that he doesn't know already.  This may have more to do with our new coaches indecision than either of the 2 QB's.

Man up, Raheem.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#13 : August 24, 2009, 03:48:59 PM

I think his comments about Luke having finally "woke up" are actually very telling in this context, and should provide everyone here a little subtext for this decision.

Detrimental

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 24, 2009, 03:52:45 PM

smh make the decision already. Luke has clearly out played Lefty
Page: 1 2 3 ... 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS EXTEND QB COMPETITION ONE MORE WEEK « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools