Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS EXTEND QB COMPETITION ONE MORE WEEK « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 10 11 12

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#165 : August 27, 2009, 12:23:45 PM

"This is a good problem," the Bucs coach said of the great quarterback debate. "We're not sitting looking at two guys that just went 2-of-14. We're looking at two guys who had some pretty good games, had some pretty good throws. We're excited about it. It is a good problem. It was like, 'Man. Would somebody choke?' "

Some will cringe, some will view it as a breath of fresh air...I'm guessing most will feel the latter...

His other comment about Nicholson were downright stupid from a couple of different viewpoints.

What makes you think so?

I don't think public putdowns of players is the way to go for a variety of reasons. Eventually it will bite him in the butt.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

ryan24

Hall of Famer
#166 : August 27, 2009, 12:24:59 PM

It won't be for long if that's the way you feel. It makes me cringe.

I realize you're on the Raheem bandwagon however do you think it's a good idea for a coach to be using the word "choke" and all of it's connotations at any point in public?

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#167 : August 27, 2009, 12:25:44 PM

What I'd like to know is if it's clear to so many people that Raheem wants Leftwich to win the job, even to some journalists who cover the team........why has no one asked him that in his many press conferences?   You telling me everyone is just forgetting to mention it or is so scared of being cut off by the team for info they won't ask him why he talks about them differently?   If it's so obvious I think someone would ask.   Have you asked him, Scott?   Have you asked him how he can sell choosing Leftwich to the fans with his completion percentage?   If you have already I apologize I must have missed it.  

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#168 : August 27, 2009, 12:27:53 PM

I realize you're on the Raheem bandwagon however do you think it's a good idea for a coach to be using the word "choke" and all of it's connotations at any point in public?

I'm not on any Raheem bandwagon. I'm not sure what makes you think so.

MBF

Hall of Famer

#169 : August 27, 2009, 01:21:05 PM

Have you even gone to a practice? ...Because AB and MC haven't been doing much there either fyi.

Exactly.

Page: 1 ... 10 11 12
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: BUCS EXTEND QB COMPETITION ONE MORE WEEK « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools