Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Calling Teams about Trades « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 26, 2009, 12:57:48 AM

I have no problem with this at all. If the QB race is as close as what they say it is, then the logical solution is to trade the one that gives us the greatest trade value. They've said, I don't know how many times, that the starter is just a placeholder until they have Freeman ready. If I were Rah and Dominik I would be trying the same exact thing.

Agreed, if none of the "tradable" QB's has separated themselves from the pack, why not get something in return for one of them instead of cutting them outright.  I think it's a good idea that comes at a time where teams are looking for upgrades at that backup QB spot.

Turn the page.

Larry Brackins

Starter
#16 : August 26, 2009, 12:57:58 AM

It depends what you can get for them. I think this means that Freeman will be the backup, though. If we don't trade one of them the loser will be the 3rd stringer.

#SaveUsJohnnyFootball

GMC 93

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 26, 2009, 01:00:37 AM

I'd prefer to see Leftwich go.

Formerly known as Revis Islander

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 26, 2009, 01:00:54 AM

It depends what you can get for them. I think this means that Freeman will be the backup, though. If we don't trade one of them the loser will be the 3rd stringer.

What we get is going to be very limited.  Very possible that Freeman ends up the #2.   Putting Luke/Byron/JJ on the market certainly doesn't make it seem like we are going to keep 4 QB's.

Turn the page.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 26, 2009, 01:02:40 AM

I'd prefer to see Leftwich go.

I agree.  With Leftwich what you see is what you get.  I think any of the other guys offer you the ability to improve each week.  I think we know that Leftwich is an old dog not interested in learning new tricks at this stage of his career.

Turn the page.

SunnyD

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 26, 2009, 01:03:35 AM

McCown doesn't have a future if they plan on keeping JJ with Freemen.

Correct i mundo.

There is a much better chance (key word)  of producing trade value for McCown in 2010 if you start him than there is for Leftwich.

Don't make no sense to keep Lefty around since "that curly headed kid" is the Future.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 26, 2009, 02:14:20 AM

Wow...we can't make up our mind, so we'll let OTHER teams tell us who our starter is?

Sad indeed.

That is what the media says...

And if true, I will dearly miss Gruden...because this staff will have no clue WTH they are doing...

tatmanfish

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 26, 2009, 04:00:14 AM

Wow...we can't make up our mind, so we'll let OTHER teams tell us who our starter is?

Sad indeed.

That is what the media says...

And if true, I will dearly miss Gruden...because this staff will have no clue WTH they are doing...

you already dearly miss gruden.

Quote from: Illuminator
You were simply too smart for me.

blitz

Pro Bowler
#23 : August 26, 2009, 04:53:54 AM

Any of the three should rejoice if they wake up to find out they have been traded............

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 26, 2009, 06:00:52 AM

Any of the three should rejoice if they wake up to find out they have been traded............

Why?

They have more talent around them here than on most teams, AND they have a chance to start here. Other teams wouldn't have the surrounding talent, nor would they think any one of them would be an immediate starter.

[Shame we can't trade fans]

DougTheGreat

Starter

#25 : August 26, 2009, 07:32:12 AM

Leftwich + McCown to the Patriots.... for Tom Brady.

GET IT DONE MD!

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 26, 2009, 08:00:34 AM

Why aren't we just going with Freeman at this point? If neither Leftwich or McCown can win the job outright, why wait?

Bottom line is that Leftwich would be a short timer (1 or 2 seasons max) and McCown hasn't proven worthy of the adulation slathered all over him this off season.

Fish or cut bait Raheem.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

DailyRich68

Starter
#27 : August 26, 2009, 08:04:21 AM

Why aren't we just going with Freeman at this point? If neither Leftwich or McCown can win the job outright, why wait?

Bottom line is that Leftwich would be a short timer (1 or 2 seasons max) and McCown hasn't proven worthy of the adulation slathered all over him this off season.

Fish or cut bait Raheem.

I was in favor of letting Freeman sit and learn, but if we're willing to trade either McCown or Leftwich, that tells me we're not thrilled with either of them, so why not go ahead and just start Freeman?

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 26, 2009, 08:10:51 AM

That's a great question. Wish I had asked it... ;)

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

vladin

Starter

#29 : August 26, 2009, 08:51:19 AM

It really gets tiresome when we go out and hoard mediocre QB's in hopes of polishing them up and trying to re-sell them as Drew Brees.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Calling Teams about Trades « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools