Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Calling Teams about Trades « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13

rroming12

Practice Squad

#30 : August 26, 2009, 08:59:28 AM

The bait is in the water to see if there is interest thats all. That means that the GM is doing his job. Overall, I'm glad there is competition there and this is better than the past situations the bucs have been in.

#31 : August 26, 2009, 08:59:47 AM

Due diligence...

We are not keeping four, so we have to put it out there to gauge interest.

My $.02 - trade leftwich, but what the hell do I know?  (not so much... ;) )

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 26, 2009, 09:07:51 AM

Why would anyone trade for a QB they know we have to cut at some point?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#33 : August 26, 2009, 09:09:29 AM

all it takes is two teams... if someone really wants a back up.  They'd throw a pick at us.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 26, 2009, 09:09:51 AM

It doesn't sound unreasonable to me, particularly since everyone in the world knows that BL or LM are just placeholders at QB. Why wouldn't you see if other teams are interested in one of those guys -- especially since the competition for that placeholder slot is as close as it is? The Bucs have two backup quality QB's fighting for a starting slot, why not trade one if you can?

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 26, 2009, 09:10:11 AM

Why would anyone trade for a QB they know we have to cut at some point?

Because we may keep the one they want.

#36 : August 26, 2009, 09:10:57 AM

IMHO, we should at least be able to get a sixth for a solid back-up like Leftwich.  Given the poll on PR, I think a lot of fans would be upset if we trade Luke w/o giving him a shot.  

Booker

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 26, 2009, 09:12:39 AM

He has been given a shot

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 26, 2009, 09:13:28 AM

Yeah, you think anyone cares that much about which of option A or option B we keep?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

#39 : August 26, 2009, 09:15:02 AM

He has been given a shot

Okay, I somewhat agree ... but with that limited shot he's seemed to have won over the fanbase (if PR's poll is representative)

#40 : August 26, 2009, 09:15:57 AM

What else do you expect from a 32 year old head coach and an inexperienced GM?

I'm not surprised at all.

This is what I have said from the beginning...they should have committed highway robbery to get Cutler or make a draft day trade to get a #2 who has some starting experience but just on a bad team (or being replaced by another starter)

aka Tyler Thigpen, Shaun Hill, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson...all of whom probably were avaialable draft day

or better yet solidify your team with a great WR prospect (Harvin, Maclin) pass on Freeman and get one of the QB's from 2010....Snead, Bradford,McCoy, Tebow....etc

So far from a critical position point this FO has made many mistakes...maybe the biggest one being Raheem's love affair with Freeman.  I think he has made it too asy for the guy to come in and start. I thnk Raheem is afraid that if they bring a Quinn or Thigen in there will be a QB controversy a la Brees/Rivers he didnt want. So we stick with c level talent. Raheem didnt realize however just how bad these QB's rally were

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 26, 2009, 09:16:05 AM

Yeah, you think anyone cares that much about which of option A or option B we keep?

Which, IMO, is why we get Freeman on the field ASAP.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 26, 2009, 09:16:21 AM

Â   Since no one has blown away the competition for this year, trading one of them is a smart idea. Neither BL or LM would start for very long anyway. GM's job is looking to the future, and everyone knows who the future QB here is... Who knows; Steelers may give us a 7th to get BL back, as I understand they were disappointed they lost him...

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 26, 2009, 09:16:57 AM

No, they care about which of the two we let go. Luke and Byron are such different QB's that there would be a definite preference out there, depending on which team is looking for a backup. I'm not saying people are clamoring for either of these two, I'm saying that there may be a team or two that would trade a late pick for one or the other.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 26, 2009, 09:19:26 AM

No, they care about which of the two we let go. Luke and Byron are such different QB's that there would be a definite preference out there, depending on which team is looking for a backup. I'm not saying people are clamoring for either of these two, I'm saying that there may be a team or two that would trade a late pick for one or the other.

I think that is a beyond slim hope. For the backup job either of them warrants I doubt there is that much preference on "type" for teams to invest a draft pick in the player.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 13
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Bucs Calling Teams about Trades « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools