Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young players that are going to help this team « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

: August 26, 2009, 12:15:25 PM

OK...everyone already knows about Sammy Straughter but a guy that I really like is Urrutia. I don't think that I've seen him catch any ball against his body this preseason. He clutches everything in his hands and seems faster than I expected. He is a big body and players seem to bounce off of him when trying to tackle him hard. I really like this guy.

Roy Miller is a guy that is going to be a stud at the point of attack.

Kyle Moore is going to be a player. Seems long like Simeon was.

Louis Holmes - I love this guy's bull rush and I think it's the best on the team. He is going to be a good one and hopefully for the Bucs.

Kareem Huggins - May end up on the practice squad but he has wiggle and is fast.

Kyle Arrington - I liked this guy when he was playing for Philly last preseason. Philly did not want to get rid off him but they had injuries and it turned into a numbers game.

Josh Freeman - I don't have to comment on our Franchise Quarterback.

This is a young team and I'm prepared to go through some growing pains. Although the way that the make up of this team is shaping up...we may shock some people this year. There seems to be some people who are expecting miracles in Rah's first year but realistically, I'm not. It is what it is but I do know that it will get better year after year. The thing that I like about this team is that they play with energy and they are batting balls at the line of scrimmage. Good teams do that and evidently the coaches are teaching them that. We haven't had a line do that in a long time. That's where some turnovers will be created. Just my thoughts...

vladin

Starter

#1 : August 26, 2009, 12:29:57 PM

I wonder how Fulton is doing.  I saw him get playing time and he looked ok, but I haven't read much about him in camp.  Hopefully he is coming along.  Miller is going to be one of those high motor guys who defy the stopwatches and measuring tapes I think.  He's gonna show up on one of those "if we had to draft the 1st round over again..." lists.

Freeman hasn't gotten the reps in camp to truly compete this year, but I really think he needs to be #2 so he can develop faster.

Really hope we can keep Huggins in some way.

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#2 : August 26, 2009, 12:32:20 PM

I wonder how Fulton is doing.  I saw him get playing time and he looked ok, but I haven't read much about him in camp.  Hopefully he is coming along.  Miller is going to be one of those high motor guys who defy the stopwatches and measuring tapes I think.  He's gonna show up on one of those "if we had to draft the 1st round over again..." lists.

Freeman hasn't gotten the reps in camp to truly compete this year, but I really think he needs to be #2 so he can develop faster.

I really haven't seen much from Fulton. I do hope that we keep Huggins also, PS maybe.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 26, 2009, 12:52:10 PM

I really haven't seen much from Fulton. I do hope that we keep Huggins also, PS maybe.

Fulton was the one guarding McCown's blind side last game and McCown wasn't sacked.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 26, 2009, 02:42:41 PM

Fulton was the one guarding McCown's blind side last game and McCown wasn't sacked.

Nice.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#5 : August 26, 2009, 05:38:51 PM

Scott gave Fulton some praise on the radio show today.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Rusty

Hall of Famer
#6 : August 26, 2009, 07:36:25 PM

Dre Moore from last year will be a force this year also

\'Every day above ground is a good day\'

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#7 : August 26, 2009, 08:38:46 PM

Don't sleep on Elbert Mack either.  I think he'll end up forcing his way onto the field with his play.

Turn the page.

NotDeadYet

Hall of Famer

#8 : August 26, 2009, 10:30:06 PM

No love here for EJ Biggers? I think he at least gets on the PS. Geno Hayes from last year could shine. 

big_JLB

Starter

#9 : August 26, 2009, 10:36:08 PM

i think biggers is going to make the 53 with the lack of depth at CB. it will be between him, arrington and cox for those nickle/dime back spots

DougTheGreat

Starter

#10 : August 27, 2009, 03:30:12 AM

Is Bo Ruud still considered young?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#11 : August 27, 2009, 05:03:39 AM

i think biggers is going to make the 53 with the lack of depth at CB. it will be between him, arrington and cox for those nickle/dime back spots

I like Biggers, but Arrington has really been fighting for one of those spots. You have to figure Talib, Barber, and Mack make the roster, leaving one, potentially two spots. Talib shouldn't count against the initial 53 man roster if he is suspended, which might open up another spot.

I really hope we can squeeze him on the roster, but I think he'll at least make the practice squad. Unfortunately, he would be vulnerable to the thieves.

Uncle Stan

Hall of Famer
#12 : August 27, 2009, 07:17:13 AM

I don't see any "throw aways" in this years draft. All make the roster or PS. (Just hope no one takes any of our PS candidates).

More than one of the UDFA also look good.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable-Ronald Reagan circa 1981

Timbuc2

Pro Bowler

#13 : August 28, 2009, 01:17:32 AM

I have to add Steve Cargile after this game. Guy hits like a ton of bricks but I'm not sure about him in coverage. Keep him and cut Donte Nicholson...please.

bucinnj

Hall of Famer

#14 : August 28, 2009, 02:00:50 AM

I have to add Steve Cargile after this game. Guy hits like a ton of bricks but I'm not sure about him in coverage. Keep him and cut Donte Nicholson...please.

Hard to argue that....one can only hope.

Turn the page.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Young players that are going to help this team « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools