Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the hate for Brett Favre? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

gdavis

Starter

#15 : August 26, 2009, 09:04:58 PM

Because he is a hemorrhoid that won't go away. 

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#16 : August 26, 2009, 10:02:42 PM

The media made people hate Favre.

lol, yeah, the media made him stand on a pool table in college and piss on a clemson fan. Or maybe the fact that Brett Favre acts like he's a great QB something to do with it. He sucks , he had 4 great seasons out of the 300 years he's been in the NFL.

NewGuy

Practice Squad

#17 : August 26, 2009, 10:30:17 PM

Do alot of people hate Favre?  I think its kinda cool he came back so I can use the Vikings in Madden.  And, really other than that I could careless for Farve(how do you say his name?)  I tell you cares about Favre: E-S-P-N.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 26, 2009, 10:34:15 PM

I don't mind Brett Favre playing. Its just I don't like how he stalls his decesions so he doesn't have to go through camp and you have two QB's in Jackson and rosenfels who are working hard in ota's and TC for that starting job than all of sudden two weeks after camp Favre gets named the starter?

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 26, 2009, 10:47:03 PM

I don't mind Brett Favre playing. Its just I don't like how he stalls his decesions so he doesn't have to go through camp and you have two QB's in Jackson and rosenfels who are working hard in ota's and TC for that starting job than all of sudden two weeks after camp Favre gets named the starter?

I agree, I applaud him for still playing at his age. But, his indecisiveness and lack of fire for the preseason is what pisses people off. Yet, he has earned the right to let a team make a dumb decision and just give him the starting job. Teams could have just said "No, either you practice or you don't play" and most would have. But this is 3 time MVP Brett Favre. And as for him being overrated as a QB, yes maybe a little but he is still a 10 time pro bowler. Yeah they can screw it up from time to time and some guys have just a lights out year (Derek Anderson). Brett is a TEN time pro bowler. THREE time AP NFL MVP and has a ring and numerous records. He is (meaning over his career) a great QB, there is no denying that. Coaches still see the golden boy. The only thing that can be blamed on Brett Favre is the indecisiveness of his coming back. Teams can say no. They choose not to. (ESPN 24/7 Favre watch doesn't help either)

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 26, 2009, 10:53:31 PM

I agree, I applaud him for still playing at his age. But, his indecisiveness and lack of fire for the preseason is what pisses people off. Yet, he has earned the right to let a team make a dumb decision and just give him the starting job. Teams could have just said "No, either you practice or you don't play" and most would have. But this is 3 time MVP Brett Favre. And as for him being overrated as a QB, yes maybe a little but he is still a 10 time pro bowler. Yeah they can screw it up from time to time and some guys have just a lights out year (Derek Anderson). Brett is a TEN time pro bowler. THREE time AP NFL MVP and has a ring and numerous records. He is (meaning over his career) a great QB, there is no denying that. Coaches still see the golden boy. The only thing that can be blamed on Brett Favre is the indecisiveness of his coming back. Teams can say no. They choose not to. (ESPN 24/7 Favre watch doesn't help either)

Excellent post +1. The vikings need to avoid what Mangini did to Favre last year with the Jets. I feel that Favre got worked too hard in the beginning of the year that led to his breakdown in December. Two things Favre ain't young anymore and players train in April-July to prepare rigorous season. Favre throwing passes to a bunch of high school kids is not conditioning. They need to ride Peterson and Taylor for the first two months and lighten the workload for Favre so he doesn't break down in December again. 

Capt Kidd

Starter
#21 : August 26, 2009, 11:40:33 PM

I dislike him cuz he's an over-rated spotlight hog and a choke artist. Yeah, yeah, yeah, 3 MVP's yada, yada. That's regular season stuff. The one SB he won was because of a Reggie White D and a kick returner who won MVP. The next year Holmgren tried to get him the MVP instead of running the ball and he choked.

Brett will beat up on all the lesser teams in the regular season. But when it's playoff time his gunslinger me-first theatrics don't work. The great ones do not throw 6 INT's in one playoff game. Period.

I live an hour from GB and since he left the local reporters have started opening up about what a prima donna he was. He never dressed with the other players, he used the coach's office. And all those good ol boy pranks he pulled, get reported to the media by Favre himself. They said that they never heard about it from the other players, but Favre would run up and say "You ain't gonna believe what I just did to ____" They've made it clear that Favre carefully crafted his image.

I dislike him cuz when they were winnning, he was like a school boy, jumpin around havin fun. But when they were losin, he was like a school boy, running out of the locker room and ditching the press. He called his teammates out too many times when it was none of his business.

In short, I dislike him cuz he acts like he's Joe Montana with 4 rings and in reality he was lucky to win one. It's a fact folks, he always choked in the playoffs when the pressure was on him. Including his last one.

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 26, 2009, 11:50:28 PM

I dislike him cuz he's an over-rated spotlight hog and a choke artist. Yeah, yeah, yeah, 3 MVP's yada, yada. That's regular season stuff. The one SB he won was because of a Reggie White D and a kick returner who won MVP. The next year Holmgren tried to get him the MVP instead of running the ball and he choked.

Brett will beat up on all the lesser teams in the regular season. But when it's playoff time his gunslinger me-first theatrics don't work. The great ones do not throw 6 INT's in one playoff game. Period.

I live an hour from GB and since he left the local reporters have started opening up about what a prima donna he was. He never dressed with the other players, he used the coach's office. And all those good ol boy pranks he pulled, get reported to the media by Favre himself. They said that they never heard about it from the other players, but Favre would run up and say "You ain't gonna believe what I just did to ____" They've made it clear that Favre carefully crafted his image.

I dislike him cuz when they were winnning, he was like a school boy, jumpin around havin fun. But when they were losin, he was like a school boy, running out of the locker room and ditching the press. He called his teammates out too many times when it was none of his business.

In short, I dislike him cuz he acts like he's Joe Montana with 4 rings and in reality he was lucky to win one. It's a fact folks, he always choked in the playoffs when the pressure was on him. Including his last one.

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D

So he sucks because he can only do it in the regular season. Kinda like someone who played in Miami. He sucks too.

And he sucks because he is emotional about the game.

BucFan9720

Practice Squad

#23 : August 27, 2009, 12:40:35 AM

Brett Favre is the most overrated "icon" in the history of the NFL. Period.

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 27, 2009, 12:57:17 AM

ehhh Namath.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#25 : August 27, 2009, 12:57:31 AM

Throws a ton of picks...his arm gets worn to a nub at the end of a season lately...cannot make up his mind, when we all know he wants to skip TC and that is all...wants to beat Green Bay to prove a point, and that is all...

Basically, he has acted like a diva, and if I dislike T.O. who is much better at football than Favre is, why wouldn't I hate Favre?

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 27, 2009, 12:58:00 AM

ehhh Namath.
easily the best response of the week.

king_frog

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 27, 2009, 03:29:44 PM

NO !! Farve made people hate Farve !! Look at how he is now acting with the Vikes. He really knows how to endear himself to his team mates..

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#28 : August 27, 2009, 06:24:23 PM

lol, yeah, the media made him stand on a pool table in college and piss on a clemson fan. Or maybe the fact that Brett Favre acts like he's a great QB something to do with it. He sucks , he had 4 great seasons out of the 300 years he's been in the NFL.

Favre is one of the best Qbs of all time.

Not better then Pat White though.    ;D

Honestly I thought we'd be done with Favre threads after he signed to a team.   I was wrong.   Thanks rondeburr.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 27, 2009, 06:29:59 PM

Favre is one of the best Qbs of all time.

Not better then Pat White though.    ;D

Honestly I thought we'd be done with Favre threads after he signed to a team.   I was wrong.   Thanks rondeburr.

LOL. I still owe him a Pat White bucs jersey.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the hate for Brett Favre? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools