Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the hate for Brett Favre? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Ladyfan

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 27, 2009, 06:42:31 PM

his constant waffling reveals him to be rather shallow with what he puts others through.  he may be a great QB in terms of his body of work, but the man behind that doesn't seem to have much going on...he seems weak, self=centered, and as has been said diva-esque.

How about this.  If Tony Dungy were Brett Favre, how do you think he would handle the same situation.  I doubt Tony would leave teams, staff and fans hanging on his wishy washy decisions 3 years in a row.  That's how I would utlimately evaluate Brett.  Who like other women used to adore him, and now I see him as a hick from Mississippi who can't let go and is probably NOT a good ole boy.

Yeah.  The media overdoes him along with just about everything else.  I watch Discovery and Animal Planet nowadays and football.

mrtks

Pro Bowler

#31 : August 27, 2009, 10:20:25 PM

Favre is a flipping drama queen.

HughC

Pro Bowler

#32 : August 28, 2009, 12:32:31 AM

Well aside from being an overrated (pro bowl nominations are about name recognition, not play on the field) attention whore interception machine who attempted to make his adoring fans choose him over their favorite team, and then insisted on playing only for his long time former team's biggest rival - while feebly attempting to convince us revenge had nothing to do with it - other than that there's probably not too many other things worth disliking about Brett Favre.

#33 : August 28, 2009, 12:39:55 AM

There is so much hate towards Brett Favre, can anyone explain it to me?

Basically my question is, if Favre didn't know what he wanted to do with his future who else has the right to judge him on that? Who has the right to tell him he needs to make up his mind faster? Why doesn't Favre have the right to be unsure about his future, and HUGE decisions that needed to be made for him and his family? And why, as some people have suggested, would Favre have done all of this for the attention? What does he have to gain through that?

It sickens me the way he is treated, and I dont even like Favre myself
Cuz he just wont go away.. We are over it !! My wife used to love him. Matter of fact he was her favorite non buc player. Now even she has had enough..

why does he have to "go away" if other teams are willing to sign him?

6. Tired of his diva "will I or won't I act'.

again, who are you to say whether he should be able to flip flop back and forth about his future? how does that make him a diva?

so basically you answered nothing. Your first 5 responses had nothing to do with the type of recent Favre hatred I am talking about, and point 6 Im not sure why you think you should have a say in how he makes his life altering decisions.

LOTS of athletes struggle with hanging their cleats up for the last time, yet you call that being a "diva"

#34 : August 28, 2009, 12:55:32 AM

Basically my question is, if Favre didn't know what he wanted to do with his future who else has the right to judge him on that? Who has the right to tell him he needs to make up his mind faster? Why doesn't Favre have the right to be unsure about his future, and HUGE decisions that needed to be made for him and his family? And why, as some people have suggested, would Favre have done all of this for the attention? What does he have to gain through that?

Who has the right to judge him? Everybody. He's a public figure.
Who has the right to tell him to make up his mind faster? Everybody. He's a public figure.
He DOES have the right to decide his own future. Then everybody ELSE has the right to criticize him about it. This is the USA, in case you forgot.
Attention? Some guys CRAVE the limelight. Not sure if Favre is one of them, but there are plenty of those guys in the NFL.

I think you misunderstoo what Im asking...

I was looking for an answer to why people in this country are **CENSORED** bags. I didn't need you to inform me that people in this country are legally allowed to be **CENSORED** bags. Im asking what gives you the right. You know, like the saying goes, "what gives you the right?"

Favre doesnt call the camera crews from ESPN to come and follow him, and it would take a complete idiot to think his inability to finally say "I quit" would be motivated by the tv coverage he gets when he is undecided.

What it comes down to is selfish, prying, d-bag Americans who think they deserve an answer, so they fire insults at Favre. There are some people who direct their hate at ESPN and the networks responsible for covering him, but anyone who aims their hate at FAvre over not deciding on his future in the manner they want is a d-bag, plain and simple
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why the hate for Brett Favre? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools