Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I say we transition tag either D.White or Phil Buc to assure we retain one... « previous next »
Page: 1

Grudens_Flame

Second String

: February 13, 2007, 02:24:52 PM

of them no matter what. To clarify when you transition tag a player you reserve the right to match any offer they get. What do you guys think? Ideally we re-sign both before free agency but if one remains unsigned I say tag his arse!

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)

BucsPirate

Pro Bowler

#1 : February 13, 2007, 02:26:32 PM

A transition tag also comes with the a one year salary equal to the average fo the top 10 highest payed players at that position in the league. I don't think the Bucs are willing to pay either White or Buchanon a 6 Million + salary next year.

bucs1

Practice Squad
#2 : February 13, 2007, 02:32:39 PM

Yeah, the transition tag would be way too much for Buchanon and White, unless they are starters and play key roles in our defense next year.

gone

Hall of Famer
#3 : February 13, 2007, 02:38:00 PM

Another good laugh.  Thanks.

marlevr

Second String
#4 : February 13, 2007, 02:41:01 PM

Neither is even a starter and you want to give them top 10 money????

Grudens_Flame

Second String

#5 : February 13, 2007, 02:57:05 PM

Neither is even a starter and you want to give them top 10 money????

Really I was unaware the rule changed to the tran tag being guaranteed ( at one point a team could remove that tag at will )...that definately changes my outlook.

Attitude reflects leadership, Captain.  - Julius (Remember the Titans)
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I say we transition tag either D.White or Phil Buc to assure we retain one... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools