Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game being replayed on NFL network « previous next »
Page: 1 2

littlericky

Starter
#15 : August 28, 2009, 05:05:28 PM

If you go back and watch the game I think you will see that the O-line did a semi decent job, it was the running backs that did not pick up the extra blitzer.  Correct me if I'm wrong, is it not the Qb's job to recognize the blitz and let the back know to pick it up? Dont get, me wrong I like Luke and when given the time he does well, but he cant read the defense and make changes at the line.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 28, 2009, 05:41:49 PM

Why would I want to re-watch PUKE MCCLOWN'S final game in a Buccaneers uniform...last night was bad enough!!!

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

barberandbrooks

Practice Squad

#17 : August 28, 2009, 06:02:54 PM

I challenge anyone to re-watch and still tell me that luke's performance was his fault. Though despite the poor conditions and **CENSORED**ty protection, he still made some great throws.

Did the offense score any TDs while he was QBing during the replay?

Nope. He did have a receiver drop one though. It was a perfect throw down field off of his back foot.

Unlike lefty, who overthrew two wide open receivers while he had perfect protection.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 28, 2009, 06:13:59 PM

Well and notice Byron gets sacked because of his "slow delivery" to some but Luke gets sacked due to factors beyond his control. Luke has passes dropped (and that Campbell pass wasn't BTW) but Byron "throws too hard" when guys drop his passes.
Not makign excuses, but the line play was about as awful as it gets with Luke in...can anyone deny this?  I was watching it, and thinking...here we go...I can't wait to read the odds and ends about to occur because of this. 

McCown cannot read a field, period.  He simply can't.

But Byron benefitted from solid line play, and still was missing wide open targets, and still being his innacurate self.  He even fumbled for good measure.  He simply is a statue, and with no accuracy, the BUcs are dead meat with this guy at the helm.

To compound the matter, Freeman was atrocious.  Of course, he was working with 50 percent of the guys who will no longer be on the Bucs.  And those two minute drives and the plays called by Jags, and the way Rah handled his business was awful...

I am more worried about what the hell Rah and Co. was thinking.

Positive from the game is that the run tackling was very physical, a lot of helmet smacks were heard on my Aquos.  I was proud of those guys.

I wonder if Dre Moore was injured...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 28, 2009, 06:34:15 PM

If you go back and watch the game I think you will see that the O-line did a semi decent job, it was the running backs that did not pick up the extra blitzer.  Correct me if I'm wrong, is it not the Qb's job to recognize the blitz and let the back know to pick it up? Dont get, me wrong I like Luke and when given the time he does well, but he cant read the defense and make changes at the line.

EG got flat pwned on one of those

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 28, 2009, 07:33:04 PM

could it possibly be that leftwich is a better motivator and leader?  sure, its not what a fan wants to hear, but maybe he gets more out of his guys?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

littlericky

Starter
#21 : August 28, 2009, 09:41:36 PM

EG got flat pwned on one of those

I agree with you. And I will also say when Mccown does have time to throw he is a pretty good QB.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 28, 2009, 09:49:06 PM

could it possibly be that leftwich is a better motivator and leader?  sure, its not what a fan wants to hear, but maybe he gets more out of his guys?

Well, I think the O-line certainly voiced their opinion last night as to which QB they want to start. Either that or McCown sucks at making O-line protection calls....or both.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Game being replayed on NFL network « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools