Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MCCOWN'S COMPLETION PERCENTAGE AS REPORTED BY PR....ERR OK THEY DIDN'T « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 28, 2009, 02:17:19 AM

Wow...too many have failed to see the different pressure that these guys faced.

I am not in either corner.  I just know Byron sucks, and got better protection.  

It was evident.  Go watch the footage.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 28, 2009, 02:19:04 AM

Wow...too many have failed to see the different pressure that these guys faced.

I am not in either corner.  I just know Byron sucks, and got better protection. 

It was evident.  Go watch the footage.

I see where you're coming from Boid, but you must be on dope if it doesn't match what someone else is trying to say about the situation - lol.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 28, 2009, 02:19:16 AM

I would have loved tp see Sandwich in the pocket when the Jason Taylors and unknowns were clogging the pocket and the line looked like swiss cheese. �He would have had seven or eight fumbles.

Not watching very closely how quickly the ball came out for both. Teams don't blitz guys who make fast decisions because the blitz won't get there. They do bltiz low-rent brains because they seize up and take sacks, throw the ball away and bail out of the pocket early. Heck, LM thought he didn't get rid of the ball fast enough.

Byron isn't great, we all know that but no one has to make excuses for his pre-season whereas with LM in 2 of 3 games people are making apologies for why his awful efforts really were not that awful.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 28, 2009, 02:19:23 AM

Luke still has the better mobility and touch on his passes.. Byron's deep ball accuracy is pathetic. I just wonder how Luke woulda faired with the same exact type of time in the pocket to find a receiver.

Hard to wait for a receiver to find seperation, especiallly when 2-3 guys are in your face as soon as you drop back 3 steps.

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 28, 2009, 02:19:59 AM

Luke still has the better mobility and touch on his passes.. Byron's deep ball accuracy is pathetic. I just wonder how Luke woulda faired with the same exact type of time in the pocket to find a receiver.

Hard to wait for a receiver to find seperation, especiallly when 2-3 guys are in your face as soon as you drop back 3 steps.

AMEN!

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#20 : August 28, 2009, 02:20:09 AM

here is the bottom line.. what the bucs are trying to do is run the ball then push the ball up field in big chunks.. mccown does not have the arm to take advantage of what we are trying to do in this Offense.. so that has alot to do with why Leftwich will be the starting QB here in tampa.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#21 : August 28, 2009, 02:20:28 AM

Oh cut the crap Boid you are better then that mess. � You and I both know they sucked it up like a hotel vac. � If you can sit there and tell me with all honesty that Scott is reporting this story fairly then you Sir are high. � He made us unbiased Buc fans a promise to report both sides after he went after Leftwich without an article....he failed on that. � Miserably. �
He can only type so fast.

I have never really known of them to be bias.

But Sandwich operated under a differing set of circumstances than McCown did.

McCown has always had a gem of a body, but a turd for a brain.

And Sandwich just stinks. �Nothing I like about him at all.

he either misses targets, fumbles the ball, or misses targets.

Raheem is the guy I am pissed at...Jags too...not sure, and I still wanna know, what were they thinking at the end? �It was seriously flat out stupid!

I know that Raheem is not quite ready to coach in the NFL yet. �He needs work like Freeman does.

You can't be serious right now.   Damn bro I thought you had your game on lock.   Scott can't be bothered to post tonight huh?   Mi culo.   He made it a sticking point to post without a PR story on Byron's game and PROMISED us one on Luke.   Didn't happen just like we all knew.     Oh but Lukey was operating under different circumstances?   Really?   Still got respect for you man don't flake on me just yet.   They both had time and the same personnel.   Stop making excuses for him.   If he had all this "talent" and "upside" it wouldn't matter who you put him up against.  He'd be our starter no question right now.   Scott and you would be having a playful game of ring around the rosie.   It's not like that though.   They both sucked a monumental fat one tonight.............the night of all nights.   The last chance to make their mark on this team.   For that flip a coin and make that winner the third stringer never to take a snap as a Buc again.   Demonish them to the depth chart hell.  

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 28, 2009, 02:21:38 AM

He did post a story about McCown...

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 28, 2009, 02:22:32 AM

You do realize it is the QB's job to defeat a blitz? If a team is gonna blitz then you have to get rid of the ball. Now, there are times people get sacked, no doubt it isn't 100% but you can't get sacked, rush and flagged on 3 straight plays.

Rob Johnson had better mobility and touch than a lot of guys but he couldn't read a defense and he couldn't really, therefore, play QB. LM is just Robo-lite.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 28, 2009, 02:22:39 AM

Also, what excuses?

The O-line played piss poor.

Simple as that.

Honest, non-subjective view here.

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#25 : August 28, 2009, 02:22:54 AM

Did the Dolphins come in unabated?
YES SIR THEY DID!
When Gary Coleman was in there, he had time, and missed many targets. �As par for course.
And he fumbled. �As par for course.
And the BUcs could not score. �As par for course.
Were gonna score TDs my butt. �Even in preseason, the debacle was present and this entire QB situation is not a conspiracy.
But both QBs operated under different environs.
I would have loved tp see Sandwich in the pocket when the Jason Taylors and unknowns were clogging the pocket and the line looked like swiss cheese. �He would have had seven or eight fumbles.
It's the pre-season Boid, things aren't going to be perfect. Especially with all the new we have. The closing minutes were very rookie like of Raheem, but hey, he is a rookie coach.

I know your expecting the world, or close enough, but man were not going to tip off anything to our oppenets, the main thing we got running for us this season is surprise. Dallas doesn't know what to prepare for, they have nothing to prepare on, except for the pre-season tape. Everything going into the regular season is new.

Byron isn't perfect (we know that), McCown isn't perfect (we have known this) and Freeman isn't ready (our team has gone on record saying this and we can see this). Now that the QB competition is settled Byron will take the starter reps, hopefully the rhythm of the offense will be smoother and timing between the receivers will be where it needs to be.

The world is not ending and there is a bright light at the end of the tunnel, enjoy the ride.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer

#26 : August 28, 2009, 02:23:10 AM

He did post a story about McCown...

already said that but he did not read it

Codmons

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 28, 2009, 02:26:47 AM

When did Byron have Campbell or Mahan out there on the field with him?...

One of the field goal drives, it was from Clifton recovering the blocked punt. I wouldn't even credit Leftwich with engineering a drive on that one. Luke did place a perfect loft into Campbell's hands that was dropped. Luke pretty much put every pass on point, aside his throw away on 3rd and 7. Which would have been a good field goal aside the penalty.

Luke did what Byron did basically as both only engineered a field goal drive. Atleast Luke got the ball in the end zone and didn't throw the damn ball 10 feet over the receiver's head.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 28, 2009, 02:27:09 AM

Not watching very closely how quickly the ball came out for both. Teams don't blitz guys who make fast decisions because the blitz won't get there. They do bltiz low-rent brains because they seize up and take sacks, throw the ball away and bail out of the pocket early. Heck, LM thought he didn't get rid of the ball fast enough.

Byron isn't great, we all know that but no one has to make excuses for his pre-season whereas with LM in 2 of 3 games people are making apologies for why his awful efforts really were not that awful.
What excuse have I made for Luke?

Were there differences in how much pressure was applied to the QBs?

Given a neutral ground, I would not know what to say, because it did not happen.  I know that both QBs faced different sorts of pressure, and one had immensely more to deal with than the other...figure out which is which, we can talk then.

I have always said McCOwn has a 9 volt brain.  ALWAYS.  Argue with JC510 ALL THE TIME about this sort of thing.  But watching what happened...you get the picture.

I think Byron is awful.  I think Luke is awful.

I also think Raheem was awful, as was the O-line when Luke was in the game.  Was the line good when Byron was in?

Was it good when Luke was in?  

Answer that.

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#29 : August 28, 2009, 02:27:29 AM

He sucked, Scott.    Admit it.   Your golden boy picked up his chicken bone and choked on it.   You PROMISED a report on his stats this game.   I don't see it.   You found a way to bash Leftwich during your free time.   Nothing on McCown.   I guess no media outlet is without an agenda.   How will Raheem sell the selection of Luke as the starter after his many mistakes at taking sacks and the grounding penalty?   That should be your headline tomorrow if you really weren't concerned about who won the starting job as long as the best guy won.   Pull out the stat book and cling to it.   He led this team to no points.   He did nothing of importance in his BIGGEST game of his career.    Let's hear the spin Luke lovers.

Sorry, I don't have a golden boy and I'm not rooting for anyone. I posted Leftwich's stats during the rain delay. When the game came back on I had work to do on what was an awfully long night of reporting. Leftwich's completion percentage after three games still isn't above 50 percent, which is pitiful for an experienced NFL QB. Luke certainly didn't fare well in this game and cost himself a chance to start.

As for McCown's composite preseason stats, here they are as promised: 15-of-28 (53.8 percent) for 108 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MCCOWN'S COMPLETION PERCENTAGE AS REPORTED BY PR....ERR OK THEY DIDN'T « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools