Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MCCOWN'S COMPLETION PERCENTAGE AS REPORTED BY PR....ERR OK THEY DIDN'T « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 9 10 11

benir0

Hall of Famer
#150 : August 30, 2009, 02:45:49 PM

BuccinTex �You just made a azz out of your self!!!

Keep enjoying what they spoon feed you, Keith.� �Like it says under your avatar, you get what you deserve.� � If you're happy with the slanted articles by all means enjoy.� �I just find it hypocritical to post the bad numbers for one QB, say you'll do it for the other, then fail to do so because of personal feelings.� �

Again, as I understood the article it was a statement saying that our QBs are so bad that the guy who is winning is completing less than 50% of his passes, because it is hard to deny right now that Lefty is winning.

I could have got on board with that.....even agreed with it.   I still don't believe either McCown or Leftwich is the right man for the job.   Perhaps that guy isn't even on the roster.   I could possibly believe what you're saying if not for the stuff that came out earlier.   I'm not sure if you saw the comments before but if not I'll give you the cliff notes.    In another thread after the second preseason game the completion percentage for Leftwich was brought up and no mention of the negative things on Luke.   Not saying PR hasn't given Luke some criticism but it was clear to me, and many others, which guy was being touted as the correct choice.   It was also presented that Morris needed to sell his choice and it was not certain how he could possibly do that with such horrible completion percentages for Leftwich. 

The whole thing as it unfolded the last couple of weeks just didn't seem balanced to me.   It went beyond having a simple opinion and putting it out there.   Got to be a major focus on the reporting of it IMO.   It's over and done with for me.   I'm just not the type to keep my mouth shut about stuff like that.   I won't just fall in line and take things as they are presented to me.   I like to do a little thinking of my own sometimes.       Everyone is free to form an opinion.   Some will be like mine others will be like the people who say it's their message board you shouldn't call them out if you don't like what they are saying.   I'm of the opinion that as journalists who made a message board available to the people who read their work they are not only expecting the feedback but welcome it.   

It would be a pretty boring world if we all thought the same way. 

Well, I agree that neither McCown or Lefty is ultimately the right guy for the job.  That is appropriate for a team that just drafted a QB #1.  Anyway, I hoped that McCown would win the job, becuase he has a more dynamic skillset than Lefty, but it's absolutely apparent that he did nothing to deserve it.  Lefty was bad as well, but he stretched the field.  And that's it.  I've read all the PR articles and seen criticism for both players, and, at least in my mind, one wasn't favored over the other.  I think if you asked SR or JF or CC, they would tell you that Lefty is the right choice...could it be that they were just wrong about Luke?

C2asante

Starter

#151 : August 30, 2009, 05:57:31 PM

Luke still has the better mobility and touch on his passes.. Byron's deep ball accuracy is pathetic. I just wonder how Luke woulda faired with the same exact type of time in the pocket to find a receiver.

Hard to wait for a receiver to find seperation, especiallly when 2-3 guys are in your face as soon as you drop back 3 steps.

The thing people seem to either be missing or ignoring is he had less time to throw not because the line did not play as well but because he holds the ball onger or panics when no one is open and takes off running.  That will always lead to making the line look bad and taking more sacks.

C2asante

Starter

#152 : August 30, 2009, 05:59:06 PM

Entertaining arguments in this thread but I think the point has been missed.

Luke didn't just fail to beat Leftwich last night.  He failed in terms of his entire body of work throughout offseason, OTAs, camp and now the preseason.  This one game didn't seal the coffin for Luke.  In fact, if he was as good as some people claim, he would have already won the competition weeks ago.

At the end of the day the facts are that:

* Luke McCown, given an entire offseason, OTAs, camp AND three preseason games, was unable to consistently play well enough to beat out a slow-a$$ journeyman with a windup longer than Route 66.

He simply was not good enough.  He has had more than enough time to showcase his skills and win over the coaches.

He didn't.  Game over. 

We now have Leftwich, who sucks but basically won the job by being consistently mediocre and playing the same week in, week out. 

Nuff said!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#153 : August 30, 2009, 06:06:24 PM

Keep enjoying what they spoon feed you, Keith.� �Like it says under your avatar, you get what you deserve.� � If you're happy with the slanted articles by all means enjoy.� �I just find it hypocritical to post the bad numbers for one QB, say you'll do it for the other, then fail to do so because of personal feelings.� �

Again, as I understood the article it was a statement saying that our QBs are so bad that the guy who is winning is completing less than 50% of his passes, because it is hard to deny right now that Lefty is winning.

I could have got on board with that.....even agreed with it.� �I still don't believe either McCown or Leftwich is the right man for the job.� �Perhaps that guy isn't even on the roster.� �I could possibly believe what you're saying if not for the stuff that came out earlier.� �I'm not sure if you saw the comments before but if not I'll give you the cliff notes.� � In another thread after the second preseason game the completion percentage for Leftwich was brought up and no mention of the negative things on Luke.� �Not saying PR hasn't given Luke some criticism but it was clear to me, and many others, which guy was being touted as the correct choice.� �It was also presented that Morris needed to sell his choice and it was not certain how he could possibly do that with such horrible completion percentages for Leftwich.�

The whole thing as it unfolded the last couple of weeks just didn't seem balanced to me.� �It went beyond having a simple opinion and putting it out there.� �Got to be a major focus on the reporting of it IMO.� �It's over and done with for me.� �I'm just not the type to keep my mouth shut about stuff like that.� �I won't just fall in line and take things as they are presented to me.� �I like to do a little thinking of my own sometimes.� � � �Everyone is free to form an opinion.� �Some will be like mine others will be like the people who say it's their message board you shouldn't call them out if you don't like what they are saying.� �I'm of the opinion that as journalists who made a message board available to the people who read their work they are not only expecting the feedback but welcome it.� �

It would be a pretty boring world if we all thought the same way.�

Well, I agree that neither McCown or Lefty is ultimately the right guy for the job.  That is appropriate for a team that just drafted a QB #1.  Anyway, I hoped that McCown would win the job, becuase he has a more dynamic skillset than Lefty, but it's absolutely apparent that he did nothing to deserve it.  Lefty was bad as well, but he stretched the field.  And that's it.  I've read all the PR articles and seen criticism for both players, and, at least in my mind, one wasn't favored over the other.  I think if you asked SR or JF or CC, they would tell you that Lefty is the right choice...could it be that they were just wrong about Luke?

I just don't see this dynamic skillset people talk about.   Everyone says he's got all this "upside" and talent.   Yeah he can throw the ball and move around.   Lot's of guys can do that.   In 6 years though his decision making has never gotten to the level of an NFL QB.   He just makes poor decisions.   Look no further then the grounding penalty against Miami.   He's easily the most inconsistent QB on the Bucs roster.   Raheem mentioned that during his press conference.    Something about how well Luke played against Jacksonville and how that's the Luke he wants to see all the time.   You don't get that guy each week.    That inconsistency and his lack of leadership in the pocket and locker room is what I believe has him as the backup yet again.     As for PR and the reporting I'm done talking about it.    I guess there is always two sides to the coin.   You either felt he was pulling for Luke unfairly or you agreed with making Luke the starter.    That's really all it comes down to.  

C2asante

Starter

#154 : August 30, 2009, 06:09:26 PM

"So?" �That's your response? �Hell, at least the announcers you referenced saw both sides of the argument, I was just hoping you would as well.

Maybe you didn't read the whole post. There were other words after "So?".

No, I read the whole post, and it completely downplays the difference of time each QB had last night - something the announcers you referenced very much recognized and you conveniently left out.

Why can't you see he had less time because teams know if they blitz him he will panic and run or take a sack vs Leftwich who might burn them with a long completion?  it is the job of the defense to adjust to the QB they are facing.  What you are really saying is if Luke is playing, our lineman have to block better than do for Leftwich because teams will come after him more, and he will run into their arms more.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#155 : August 30, 2009, 06:11:16 PM

I could have got on board with that.....even agreed with it.� �I still don't believe either McCown or Leftwich is the right man for the job.� �Perhaps that guy isn't even on the roster.� �I could possibly believe what you're saying if not for the stuff that came out earlier.� �I'm not sure if you saw the comments before but if not I'll give you the cliff notes.� � In another thread after the second preseason game the completion percentage for Leftwich was brought up and no mention of the negative things on Luke.� �Not saying PR hasn't given Luke some criticism but it was clear to me, and many others, which guy was being touted as the correct choice.� �It was also presented that Morris needed to sell his choice and it was not certain how he could possibly do that with such horrible completion percentages for Leftwich.�

The whole thing as it unfolded the last couple of weeks just didn't seem balanced to me.� �It went beyond having a simple opinion and putting it out there.� �Got to be a major focus on the reporting of it IMO.� �It's over and done with for me.� �I'm just not the type to keep my mouth shut about stuff like that.� �I won't just fall in line and take things as they are presented to me.� �I like to do a little thinking of my own sometimes.� � � �Everyone is free to form an opinion.� �Some will be like mine others will be like the people who say it's their message board you shouldn't call them out if you don't like what they are saying.� �I'm of the opinion that as journalists who made a message board available to the people who read their work they are not only expecting the feedback but welcome it.� �

It would be a pretty boring world if we all thought the same way.�

Well, I agree that neither McCown or Lefty is ultimately the right guy for the job.  That is appropriate for a team that just drafted a QB #1.  Anyway, I hoped that McCown would win the job, becuase he has a more dynamic skillset than Lefty, but it's absolutely apparent that he did nothing to deserve it.  Lefty was bad as well, but he stretched the field.  And that's it.  I've read all the PR articles and seen criticism for both players, and, at least in my mind, one wasn't favored over the other.  I think if you asked SR or JF or CC, they would tell you that Lefty is the right choice...could it be that they were just wrong about Luke?

I just don't see this dynamic skillset people talk about.   Everyone says he's got all this "upside" and talent.   Yeah he can throw the ball and move around.   Lot's of guys can do that.   In 6 years though his decision making has never gotten to the level of an NFL QB.   He just makes poor decisions.   Look no further then the grounding penalty against Miami.   He's easily the most inconsistent QB on the Bucs roster.   Raheem mentioned that during his press conference.    Something about how well Luke played against Jacksonville and how that's the Luke he wants to see all the time.   You don't get that guy each week.    That inconsistency and his lack of leadership in the pocket and locker room is what I believe has him as the backup yet again.     As for PR and the reporting I'm done talking about it.    I guess there is always two sides to the coin.   You either felt he was pulling for Luke unfairly or you agreed with making Luke the starter.    That's really all it comes down to.  

And both of those positions are wrong. Luke isn't the starter and it was wrong to ever refer to him as such.

Those who knew better shouldn't shy away. We were right.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#156 : August 30, 2009, 06:24:57 PM

"So?" �That's your response? �Hell, at least the announcers you referenced saw both sides of the argument, I was just hoping you would as well.

Maybe you didn't read the whole post. There were other words after "So?".

No, I read the whole post, and it completely downplays the difference of time each QB had last night - something the announcers you referenced very much recognized and you conveniently left out.

Why can't you see he had less time because teams know if they blitz him he will panic and run or take a sack vs Leftwich who might burn them with a long completion?  it is the job of the defense to adjust to the QB they are facing.  What you are really saying is if Luke is playing, our lineman have to block better than do for Leftwich because teams will come after him more, and he will run into their arms more.

You are above your head, junior.  So which is it, did McCown have less time to throw because he holds on to the ball longer like you said below or was it because of the defense adjusting to the QB like you said above?

The thing people seem to either be missing or ignoring is he had less time to throw not because the line did not play as well but because he holds the ball onger or panics when no one is open and takes off running.  That will always lead to making the line look bad and taking more sacks.

The argument that teams only started blitzing because McCown came in the game, like they were scared to blitz while Leftwich was in the game, if laughable.  Miami's pass rush was getting ZERO pressure on the QB with what they were trying, and they adjusted.

Go back to your race-baited posts boy, you seem to know quite a bit about that unlike what you are trying to presently discuss.

Pewter Pirate

Pro Bowler
#157 : August 30, 2009, 07:08:01 PM

Buccin Tex is an angry young man.  When the regular season starts it will show if Lefty was the right pick or not.  His 48% is poor even compared to Michael Vick standards.

jaybuc88

Pro Bowler
#158 : August 30, 2009, 08:10:13 PM

Oh cut the crap Boid you are better then that mess. � You and I both know they sucked it up like a hotel vac. � If you can sit there and tell me with all honesty that Scott is reporting this story fairly then you Sir are high. � He made us unbiased Buc fans a promise to report both sides after he went after Leftwich without an article....he failed on that. � Miserably. �
He can only type so fast.

I have never really known of them to be bias.

But Sandwich operated under a differing set of circumstances than McCown did.

McCown has always had a gem of a body, but a turd for a brain.

And Sandwich just stinks. �Nothing I like about him at all.

he either misses targets, fumbles the ball, or misses targets.

Raheem is the guy I am pissed at...Jags too...not sure, and I still wanna know, what were they thinking at the end? �It was seriously flat out stupid!

I know that Raheem is not quite ready to coach in the NFL yet. �He needs work like Freeman does.

You can't be serious right now.   Damn bro I thought you had your game on lock.   Scott can't be bothered to post tonight huh?   Mi culo.   He made it a sticking point to post without a PR story on Byron's game and PROMISED us one on Luke.   Didn't happen just like we all knew.     Oh but Lukey was operating under different circumstances?   Really?   Still got respect for you man don't flake on me just yet.   They both had time and the same personnel.   Stop making excuses for him.   If he had all this "talent" and "upside" it wouldn't matter who you put him up against.  He'd be our starter no question right now.   Scott and you would be having a playful game of ring around the rosie.   It's not like that though.   They both sucked a monumental fat one tonight.............the night of all nights.   The last chance to make their mark on this team.   For that flip a coin and make that winner the third stringer never to take a snap as a Buc again.   Demonish them to the depth chart hell.  

Respond to what? Your waste of a time thread?.....You act like Sandwich was so great and a clear cut winner of the starting QB

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#159 : August 30, 2009, 10:35:36 PM

Oh cut the crap Boid you are better then that mess. � You and I both know they sucked it up like a hotel vac. � If you can sit there and tell me with all honesty that Scott is reporting this story fairly then you Sir are high. � He made us unbiased Buc fans a promise to report both sides after he went after Leftwich without an article....he failed on that. � Miserably. �
He can only type so fast.

I have never really known of them to be bias.

But Sandwich operated under a differing set of circumstances than McCown did.

McCown has always had a gem of a body, but a turd for a brain.

And Sandwich just stinks. �Nothing I like about him at all.

he either misses targets, fumbles the ball, or misses targets.

Raheem is the guy I am pissed at...Jags too...not sure, and I still wanna know, what were they thinking at the end? �It was seriously flat out stupid!

I know that Raheem is not quite ready to coach in the NFL yet. �He needs work like Freeman does.

You can't be serious right now. � Damn bro I thought you had your game on lock. � Scott can't be bothered to post tonight huh? � Mi culo. � He made it a sticking point to post without a PR story on Byron's game and PROMISED us one on Luke. � Didn't happen just like we all knew. � � Oh but Lukey was operating under different circumstances? � Really? � Still got respect for you man don't flake on me just yet. � They both had time and the same personnel. � Stop making excuses for him. � If he had all this "talent" and "upside" it wouldn't matter who you put him up against. �He'd be our starter no question right now. � Scott and you would be having a playful game of ring around the rosie. � It's not like that though. � They both sucked a monumental fat one tonight.............the night of all nights. � The last chance to make their mark on this team. � For that flip a coin and make that winner the third stringer never to take a snap as a Buc again. � Demonish them to the depth chart hell. �

Respond to what? Your waste of a time thread?.....You act like Sandwich was so great and a clear cut winner of the starting QB

Perhaps you should try reading.   I never said I wanted Leftwich to be the starter.   Matter of fact I said I didn't mind if they cut Leftwich and went with McCown...as long as Freeman got his chance to start when the win/loss record got bad enough.   I don't think it matters.   I would've been equally as uncaring if McCown got the job.   I was irked by the fact a media outlet was taking a side and reporting one guy's stats and not the others.   Even that wouldn't have mattered if not for the fact he said he would.   No need to keep going with this.   I've said it before there are two sides to it.   The ones who blindly wanted McCown to start and those of us who didn't really care but were sick of hearing how much "upside" the guy has but never seems to use.   End o' topic, decision has been made.   Just remember to do your research on people's posts and opinions before you label them some Leftwich lover.   I think he stinks too and I've said it enough times.   I love you guys who come around once a week and read a few posts then think you know how a guy thinks.   

Page: 1 ... 9 10 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MCCOWN'S COMPLETION PERCENTAGE AS REPORTED BY PR....ERR OK THEY DIDN'T « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools