Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MCCOWN'S COMPLETION PERCENTAGE AS REPORTED BY PR....ERR OK THEY DIDN'T « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 28, 2009, 02:28:45 AM

cambell
When did Byron have Campbell or Mahan out there on the field with him?...

One of the field goal drives, it was from Clifton recovering the blocked punt. I wouldn't even credit Leftwich with engineering a drive on that one. Luke did place a perfect loft into Campbell's hands that was dropped. Luke pretty much put every pass on point, aside his throw away on 3rd and 7. Which would have been a good field goal aside the penalty.

Luke did what Byron did basically as both only engineered a field goal drive. Atleast Luke got the ball in the end zone and didn't throw the damn ball 10 feet over the receiver's head.
Cambell is a better WR than Clark and maybe even stovall

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 28, 2009, 02:28:58 AM

He did post a story about McCown...

already said that but he did not read it

oh I'm the one that's wrong huh.  Scott posted a big time bold faced thread on the red board about Luke RIGHT after his performance??   No I didn't think so.   Biased.   They both sucked but PR err I mean SR wants Luke to "get a chance"   oh if only he would get a chance.   Forget the fact that in 6 years and 4 coaches he hasn't done jack squat to earn a chance....let's just give it to him anyway.   A good ole boy from Jacksonville Texas who reads his bible and doesn't punch a cab driver in the earhole.   By golly boys let's just give ole Luke the job and we'll take State by god, WE'LL TAKE STATE!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 28, 2009, 02:30:53 AM

Anyone who knows me knows I think O-line play is super critical in terms of over all offensive performance...

Keep that in mind before responding.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#33 : August 28, 2009, 02:31:55 AM

He sucked, Scott. � �Admit it. � Your golden boy picked up his chicken bone and choked on it. � You PROMISED a report on his stats this game. � I don't see it. � You found a way to bash Leftwich during your free time. � Nothing on McCown. � I guess no media outlet is without an agenda. � How will Raheem sell the selection of Luke as the starter after his many mistakes at taking sacks and the grounding penalty? � That should be your headline tomorrow if you really weren't concerned about who won the starting job as long as the best guy won. � Pull out the stat book and cling to it. � He led this team to no points. � He did nothing of importance in his BIGGEST game of his career. � �Let's hear the spin Luke lovers.

Sorry, I don't have a golden boy and I'm not rooting for anyone. I posted Leftwich's stats during the rain delay. When the game came back on I had work to do on what was an awfully long night of reporting. Leftwich's completion percentage after three games still isn't above 50 percent, which is pitiful for an experienced NFL QB. Luke certainly didn't fare well in this game and cost himself a chance to start.

As for McCown's composite preseason stats, here they are as promised: 15-of-28 (53.8 percent) for 108 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions.

oh by golly boys here they are.   Scott has buried them in my peasant thread.   Go ahead and make a full caps thread, Scott.   Let's not pull punches here let's put Luke on blast just like his crappy cohort Byron.   They both stunk and we both know it.    How will Raheem ever sell Luke as the starter with his worthless pocket presence and ability to limp wrist a pass 6 yards short of the line of scrimmage?    Let's be unbiased and make that story, Scott.  

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 28, 2009, 02:32:31 AM

cambell
When did Byron have Campbell or Mahan out there on the field with him?...

One of the field goal drives, it was from Clifton recovering the blocked punt. I wouldn't even credit Leftwich with engineering a drive on that one. Luke did place a perfect loft into Campbell's hands that was dropped. Luke pretty much put every pass on point, aside his throw away on 3rd and 7. Which would have been a good field goal aside the penalty.

Luke did what Byron did basically as both only engineered a field goal drive. Atleast Luke got the ball in the end zone and didn't throw the damn ball 10 feet over the receiver's head.
Cambell is a better WR than Clark and maybe even stovall

Not tonight

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 28, 2009, 02:32:38 AM

I also said a week ago that since Byron was named starter for this game, he would be a starter anyway...so I am not shocked by anything.

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 28, 2009, 02:33:09 AM

oh I'm the one that's wrong huh. �Scott posted a big time bold faced thread on the red board about Luke RIGHT after his performance?? � No I didn't think so. � Biased. � They both sucked but PR err I mean SR wants Luke to "get a chance" � oh if only he would get a chance. � Forget the fact that in 6 years and 4 coaches he hasn't done jack squat to earn a chance....let's just give it to him anyway. � A good ole boy from Jacksonville Texas who reads his bible and doesn't punch a cab driver in the earhole. � By golly boys let's just give ole Luke the job and we'll take State by god, WE'LL TAKE STATE!!
i dont even know what you are talking about anymore. who cares i want the buc to win no matter who is qb.. However i would rather see leftwich at qb while freeman takes over mid season and leads us to the playoffs..lol

Codmons

Hall of Famer
#37 : August 28, 2009, 02:33:49 AM

Damn BuccinTex, you definatley know how to lay the country on people lol...

Crazy you have to attack the staff here with assumptions and a vulgar type of attitude. Seems like you'd be here to gain information and insight, not be on the staff's ass when they constantly keep us informed with useful info about the team and what not.

We all pretty much knew Byron would win the job anyway, and has the job secured.. but you are still ranting about what exactly?... The evidence speaks for itself, even in the pre-game when a correspondent asked Morris why he isn't coming out and calling Leftwich the starter, when we all know he is and Raheem laughed about it like he agreed.

Not tryin to attack you and tell you how you should post, but you do seem pretty ungreatful for what knowledge you do learn.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 28, 2009, 02:34:24 AM

He sucked, Scott. � �Admit it. � Your golden boy picked up his chicken bone and choked on it. � You PROMISED a report on his stats this game. � I don't see it. � You found a way to bash Leftwich during your free time. � Nothing on McCown. � I guess no media outlet is without an agenda. � How will Raheem sell the selection of Luke as the starter after his many mistakes at taking sacks and the grounding penalty? � That should be your headline tomorrow if you really weren't concerned about who won the starting job as long as the best guy won. � Pull out the stat book and cling to it. � He led this team to no points. � He did nothing of importance in his BIGGEST game of his career. � �Let's hear the spin Luke lovers.

Sorry, I don't have a golden boy and I'm not rooting for anyone. I posted Leftwich's stats during the rain delay. When the game came back on I had work to do on what was an awfully long night of reporting. Leftwich's completion percentage after three games still isn't above 50 percent, which is pitiful for an experienced NFL QB. Luke certainly didn't fare well in this game and cost himself a chance to start.

As for McCown's composite preseason stats, here they are as promised: 15-of-28 (53.8 percent) for 108 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions.

oh by golly boys here they are.   Scott has buried them in my peasant thread.   Go ahead and make a full caps thread, Scott.   Let's not pull punches here let's put Luke on blast just like his crappy cohort Byron.   They both stunk and we both know it.    How will Raheem ever sell Luke as the starter with his worthless pocket presence and ability to limp wrist a pass 6 yards short of the line of scrimmage?    Let's be unbiased and make that story, Scott.  
Wow.  Just wow.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 28, 2009, 02:36:24 AM

I also think Raheem was awful, as was the O-line when Luke was in the game. �Was the line good when Byron was in?

Was it good when Luke was in? �

Answer that.

I think the QB's make the lines look better and worse and LM made the line look bad an awful lot. The sea change can't be explained by any other factor. The line doesn't suddenly forget how to block and MIA wasn't doing anything different, the difference was with BL the ball was still coming out like an NFL'er should do (in terms of timing not the accuracy of the toss) and with LM it was time to run, dodge and choke and die.

Notice how in 3 games no one really questions the line when Byron is in but in 2 of the 3 games people think the line didn't block well for LM...coincidence? LM might be a hot fudge sundae when he has all day to throw (JAX) but as soon as the heat gets on him he turns into a turd sandwich. Notice in his good game he didn't get sacked- no pressure. In the "bad" games he was sacked which means he got scared and roughed up and came apart.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 28, 2009, 02:36:48 AM

oh I'm the one that's wrong huh. �Scott posted a big time bold faced thread on the red board about Luke RIGHT after his performance?? � No I didn't think so. � Biased. � They both sucked but PR err I mean SR wants Luke to "get a chance" � oh if only he would get a chance. � Forget the fact that in 6 years and 4 coaches he hasn't done jack squat to earn a chance....let's just give it to him anyway. � A good ole boy from Jacksonville Texas who reads his bible and doesn't punch a cab driver in the earhole. � By golly boys let's just give ole Luke the job and we'll take State by god, WE'LL TAKE STATE!!
i dont even know what you are talking about anymore. who cares i want the buc to win no matter who is qb.. However i would rather see leftwich at qb while freeman takes over mid season and leads us to the playoffs..lol

meh don't bother catching up then I'll be gone for the night.   I'm just sick of the slant.   Had higher opinions for this mag I guess.   Still waiting on one of them to ask the question that's been pimped on this board like a call girl.   How ever will he sell Leftwich starting?   We'd all like to know.   Problem is the guy saying it has never asked the guy who calls the shots.  

baybuc35

Hall of Famer
#41 : August 28, 2009, 02:37:25 AM

Crazy you have to attack the staff here with assumptions and a vulgar type of attitude. Seems like you'd be here to gain information and insight, not be on the staff's butt when they constantly keep us informed with useful info about the team and what not.

We all pretty much knew Byron would win the job anyway, and has the job secured.. but you are still ranting about what exactly?... The evidence speaks for itself, even in the pre-game when a correspondent asked Morris why he isn't coming out and calling Leftwich the starter, when we all know he is and Raheem laughed about it like he agreed.

Not tryin to attack you and tell you how you should post, but you do seem pretty ungreatful for what knowledge you do learn.
tear followed up by a standing ovation

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#42 : August 28, 2009, 02:37:33 AM

Crazy you have to attack the staff here with assumptions and a vulgar type of attitude. Seems like you'd be here to gain information and insight, not be on the staff's butt when they constantly keep us informed with useful info about the team and what not.

At least that tells me he's pretty much a jerk to everyone, even the ones that run this site and allow us to be here.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#43 : August 28, 2009, 02:39:57 AM

perhaps you haven't read all the things they've had to say in the last week.   I know you've been gone but before you wonder why I'm saying what I am just go back and reasearch it for yourself.   The reporting PR has done in the last two weeks is slanted....at best.  

PewterReportSR

Hall of Famer
#44 : August 28, 2009, 02:40:21 AM

oh by golly boys here they are. � Scott has buried them in my peasant thread. � Go ahead and make a full caps thread, Scott. � Let's not pull punches here let's put Luke on blast just like his crappy cohort Byron. � They both stunk and we both know it. � �How will Raheem ever sell Luke as the starter with his worthless pocket presence and ability to limp wrist a pass 6 yards short of the line of scrimmage? � �Let's be unbiased and make that story, Scott. �

Why do that, when you've already made the thread, right? Of course the Bucs QBs both stunk tonight. Neither QB won the job. Byron got the job by default and the Bucs are going with an inaccurate QB that has more experience. Those are the facts. Read the story: http://pewterreport.com/articles/view/5783
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: MCCOWN'S COMPLETION PERCENTAGE AS REPORTED BY PR....ERR OK THEY DIDN'T « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools