Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich To Start « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#30 : August 29, 2009, 11:58:42 AM

Gametime so you do agree with me that anything less than 9-7 is a failure then right

bluntly, i think that any season under .500 is a failure.  after that there are many circumstances that can be analyzed.  

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#31 : August 29, 2009, 12:00:52 PM

As i stated more than once, it didn't really matter which of those two got the nod. The future is planned to be Freeman. If ANY of you cant see this is clearly a rebuilding year than you are all lost. I wouldn't see any record this year as a failure... SOmetimes you need to take steps back to move forward and that is likely the case this year.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#32 : August 29, 2009, 12:02:56 PM

Could this team be any worse of a joke?   Leftwich is the starter?   Give me a friggin break.   Pathetic.   This team has done nothing but go backwards since last year.

A joke? Nope.. Going backwards before going forwards.. NO SHOCKER! There were NO options at QB this year and if you say Garcia then you need your head examined. Other than getting Cutler it just wasnt gonna happen. This team plans on Freeman being the guy but they were well aware he was not ready yet.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 29, 2009, 12:04:12 PM

Could this team be any worse of a joke?   Leftwich is the starter?   Give me a friggin break.   Pathetic.   This team has done nothing but go backwards since last year.

When you make decisions based on how much money it will save you this is the result. The Glazers clearly don't care about the competitiveness of the Bucs, at this point that's a fact. Every move has "we're broke" written all over it. Until they sell the team (or the other one) this is what we get.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 29, 2009, 12:04:49 PM

Garcia>Leftwich>McCown.

No you don't need your head examined for that.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#35 : August 29, 2009, 12:05:43 PM

You mean the Garcia who isnt practicing due to another calf injury? That guy?

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#36 : August 29, 2009, 12:06:17 PM

Sorry... Ill take Leftwich over Garcia today...

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 29, 2009, 12:07:45 PM

Could this team be any worse of a joke? � Leftwich is the starter? � Give me a friggin break. � Pathetic. � This team has done nothing but go backwards since last year.

When you make decisions based on how much money it will save you this is the result. The Glazers clearly don't care about the competitiveness of the Bucs, at this point that's a fact. Every move has "we're broke" written all over it. Until they sell the team (or the other one) this is what we get.

Unfortunately, I think you are spot on.   I don't see this team competing again until the Glazers sell the team.  The first thing the new owners would do is fire Raw.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#38 : August 29, 2009, 12:08:22 PM

If ANY of you cant see this is clearly a rebuilding year than you are all lost.

what do you mean by rebuilding?  id certainly call it a changing year, and i might even agree to a definition of rebuilding, but there seems to be way to much negative connotation with it.  

we still have a potentially very strong OL with a veteran QB.  we have a stable of good RB's.  we have more than enough talent (although inconsistent) at WR/TE.  our Def has looked very strong this preseason with the new scheme.

call it new, call it changed, call it rebuilding if you must, but i think we will still field a good team moving in the right direction.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#39 : August 29, 2009, 12:12:48 PM

Yeah, that's why they offered nearly 100 million bucks to a FA DT this offseason. Anyone can see how much money THAT would have saved them.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#40 : August 29, 2009, 12:13:52 PM

OK.. Call it changing.. New HC new OC and DC. New schemes.. New ROOKIE QB, LOts of YOUNG guys on D.. I see a promising future and wont be shocked if we are a decent team this year. I will however NOT be shocked if poor QB play hurts again this year.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#41 : August 29, 2009, 12:14:48 PM

Could this team be any worse of a joke?   Leftwich is the starter?   Give me a friggin break.   Pathetic.   This team has done nothing but go backwards since last year.

A joke? Nope.. Going backwards before going forwards.. NO SHOCKER! There were NO options at QB this year and if you say Garcia then you need your head examined. Other than getting Cutler it just wasnt gonna happen. This team plans on Freeman being the guy but they were well aware he was not ready yet.

That's all great but while we are waiting for Freeman to develop why not go with the guy who gives us the best chance to win? BL is a first round pick who is now on his fourth team going into his seventh season, there just might be a reason for that. He has put those reasons on full display throughout our preseason.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this decision by Raheem costs us some FA's next year. He told Luke he'd have a chance to compete for the job. Luke clearly outplays BL only to see the deadline moved back? Clearly there was never a competition and everything he told Luke was nonsense. Players are going to see that and are going to know that trusting Raheem and what he says might not be the wisest decision in the future. But hey, at least the Glazers saved themselves some money.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#42 : August 29, 2009, 12:16:18 PM

Saved how? They payed LM 2.5 million this year that they are on the hook for? He's NOT the starter so how did they save?

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#43 : August 29, 2009, 12:18:22 PM

Could this team be any worse of a joke? � Leftwich is the starter? � Give me a friggin break. � Pathetic. � This team has done nothing but go backwards since last year.

That's all great but while we are waiting for Freeman to develop why not go with the guy who gives us the best chance to win? BL is a first round pick who is now on his fourth team going into his seventh season, there just might be a reason for that. He has put those reasons on full display throughout our preseason.

I also wouldn't be surprised if this decision by Raheem costs us some FA's next year. He told Luke he'd have a chance to compete for the job. Luke clearly outplays BL only to see the deadline moved back? Clearly there was never a competition and everything he told Luke was nonsense. Players are going to see that and are going to know that trusting Raheem and what he says might not be the wisest decision in the future. But hey, at least the Glazers saved themselves some money.

Escobar, you know your football.   Good post again.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#44 : August 29, 2009, 12:18:28 PM

Yeah, that's why they offered nearly 100 million bucks to a FA DT this offseason. Anyone can see how much money THAT would have saved them.

You have no idea how much was offered to him, you are just going by things you have read. I read once that we were going to have an open QB competition, clearly you can't always believe what you read. And if you REALLY believe the Glazers aren't flat broke and are making decisions based off that then you need some new "sources".
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich To Start « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools