Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich To Start « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6

Booker

Hall of Famer

#75 : August 29, 2009, 01:31:36 PM

So no reason but you will see? You have convinced me

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#76 : August 29, 2009, 01:32:44 PM

There's a very good chance that Freeman will never live up to his draft status. That's a fact.

#77 : August 29, 2009, 01:32:57 PM

It's not like it matters...do you honestly think that Leftwich will remain healthy after the first few games ??? It'll probably take a couple of sacks from the first game.....

regardless...........I do hope he meets & exceeds all expectations & that we'll be competitive....

GO BUCS!!!!

GenBrooks55

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#78 : August 29, 2009, 01:40:36 PM

from your post to God's eyes genbrooks - we need all the help we can get if the buccs are going to have a decent record/season.

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

blitz

Pro Bowler
#79 : August 29, 2009, 01:59:28 PM

Tomlin and Raheem cooked this one up way back when.   Domnick has to be pulling his hair out along with Jags after this fiasco.   Can anyone say schism......

Booker

Hall of Famer

#80 : August 29, 2009, 02:17:52 PM

I hope you aren't serious

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#81 : August 29, 2009, 02:18:38 PM

Im happy.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#82 : August 29, 2009, 03:36:32 PM

Tomlin and Raheem cooked this one up way back when.   Domnick has to be pulling his hair out along with Jags after this fiasco.   Can anyone say schism......

Uh, no.

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#83 : August 29, 2009, 04:04:20 PM

You're right Dan, there's reason to hope for things down the road. Just hate the growing pains after suffering through the bad records of the 80s and 90s! :)
I expect the Bucs to be competitive, but not going to celebrate any moral victories.

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#84 : August 29, 2009, 04:21:16 PM

You're right Dan, there's reason to hope for things down the road. Just hate the growing pains after suffering through the bad records of the 80s and 90s! :)
I expect the Bucs to be competitive, but not going to celebrate any moral victories.

I feel like they will take a step back this season (record-wise) but I felt that was going to happen regardless. As long as I can see them building something, pointing the way forward, then I'll enjoy watching the team play and be excited for the future.

It was the same when Tony Dungy came in. He was a completely unknown quantity as a head coach goes, he failed to land the guy he really wanted as his DC, he faced some adversity, and the team took a bit of a step back -- but you could also see that they were laying a foundation. Of course, that paid off in the long run, so let's hope for another Lombardi trophy in the not-too-distant future.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#85 : August 29, 2009, 04:39:07 PM

I feel like they will take a step back this season (record-wise) but I felt that was going to happen regardless. As long as I can see them building something, pointing the way forward, then I'll enjoy watching the team play and be excited for the future.

Last year, for the FIRST time in the 7-year Gruden era, we had back-to-back winning seasons and it left a bad taste in everyone's mouth because the wheels were falling off as the season ended. All these people are saying anything less than 9-7 will be a failure this year. Well, I guess every other year was a failure then under the last regime. At least Dungy could string a few winning seasons together. In light of the talent this team actually had on it when Morris took over, the expectations have gotten ridiculous.

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
#86 : August 29, 2009, 04:40:03 PM

It was the same when Tony Dungy came in. He was a completely unknown quantity as a head coach goes, he failed to land the guy he really wanted as his DC, he faced some adversity, and the team took a bit of a step back -- but you could also see that they were laying a foundation. Of course, that paid off in the long run, so let's hope for another Lombardi trophy in the not-too-distant future.

What he said ^^^^^

TheAman

Hall of Famer

#87 : August 29, 2009, 06:20:11 PM

Leftwich may overthrow guys, but he won't make stupid passes, or stupid plays.  McCown was making some dumb plays during the preseason, and that's what cost him the job.
Page: 1 ... 4 5 6
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leftwich To Start « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools