Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My solution for the QB situation. « previous next »
Page: 1 2

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 08, 2009, 01:11:16 AM

I tend to hope that the loser of the McCown v. Leftwich battle gets cut and we roll with JJ. I like Freeman, but JJ has always been an intriguing prospect. Why not keep and develop both behind one vet? It would increase our chances of getting that great QB and if both are good, worst case we snag a first day draft pick in trade for JJ.

I guess my rationale is that I don't see us going all the way with McCown or Leftwich anyway.

Worst idea so far. Cut one of the 2 vets on the team and guarantee that the team will lose every game should the starter go out with an injury. I cant stress enough how foolish this idea really is....I mean, wow.

I know this is the rational thinking but realistically look at it. How many teams in the NFL that say win their first 3 games with a solid qb would contend with their backup QB? The Pats had a great backup in Cassell. But think about it, is Jim Sorgi going to take the Colts to the playoffs? Is Mark Brunell going to flourish in the Saints high powered offense? Backup QB's only really come into play on playoff caliber teams that are in contention their final games or already in the playoffs. I like to think positively for the Bucs but looking at the team in the offseason, I cannot guarantee this is a playoff bound team. So, then why not take the chance and see what these young guys have? We could find a gem, or find the need for a new backup. We could find a possible starting QB, or unfortunately have the pick to get a new franchise QB or needed player.

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#16 : August 08, 2009, 01:12:09 AM

I tend to hope that the loser of the McCown v. Leftwich battle gets cut and we roll with JJ. I like Freeman, but JJ has always been an intriguing prospect. Why not keep and develop both behind one vet? It would increase our chances of getting that great QB and if both are good, worst case we snag a first day draft pick in trade for JJ.

I guess my rationale is that I don't see us going all the way with McCown or Leftwich anyway.

Worst idea so far. Cut one of the 2 vets on the team and guarantee that the team will lose every game should the starter go out with an injury. I cant stress enough how foolish this idea really is....I mean, wow.

Ok so you got a differing opinion then him that's fine.....but lose every game with Freeman or JJ guaranteed?    Even Bruce Gradkowski won 3 games.    

anterrabae33

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 08, 2009, 10:47:11 AM

JJ is the most overhyped Buc this side of Larry Brackins

I wouldn't say overhyped. The most blindly supported is more accurate. Yeah he has a unique set of skills, but no one is saying he is our savior. We just want to see what he has.

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#18 : August 08, 2009, 10:50:38 AM

From what I've read and heard, since the pads have gone on and practices have gone live, Freeman has looked more and more like a Rookie who left college early. He unquestionably needs more time.

Since we haven't had a QB go 16 games w/o injury (or major suckage in Grads case) since 2003, it might be smart to keep both Lefty and Luke, though neither is the answer.

Luke has been very unimpressive lately. He is a "play not to lose" guy and not a "win at all costs guy".

Lefty has shown more will, guts, and determination, but he shows it veeeerrrrry ssslooooowwwwwlyyyy.

JJ is a complete unknown.

OKC PAC

Hall of Famer

#19 : August 08, 2009, 10:52:33 AM

JJ is the most overhyped Buc this side of Larry Brackins
IMO Luke has been the most overhyped Buc since Brackins...the guy has done NOTHING in this league in 5 years.  He is currently in a battle with BYRON LEFTWICH and a ROOKIE QB for a starters role that imo he will not even win.

Bring back GRUDEN!!!

benir0

Hall of Famer
#20 : August 29, 2009, 10:06:06 AM

This is a bump.  I got hammered by a few folks for this, but I think this idea looks better than ever.

Between Byron and Luke there isn't enough upside to climb a tree  Freeman will probably get his chance sooner rather than later, and we should keep JJ as a developmental guy for now, IMO.

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 29, 2009, 10:11:53 AM

I agree. Way to stand your ground.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

John Galt?

Hall of Famer
#22 : August 29, 2009, 11:09:27 AM

Since Tanard is out 4 games and doesn't count to the roster, might as well keep JJ at least that long.

Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My solution for the QB situation. « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools