Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cowherd... « previous next »
Page: 1 2

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#15 : August 28, 2009, 08:20:55 PM

Mike Lombardi of National Football Post and Aaron Schatz of Football Outsiders both say the Bucs will be better than people think, as in 6-7 wins not 2-3.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 28, 2009, 09:37:13 PM

I think the schedule is a good indicator of success.

warrenfb12

Hall of Famer

#17 : August 28, 2009, 09:39:15 PM

Not saying we will be terrible because thats silly. Just saying that strength of schedule has a major effect on a teams record. I believe .500 is realistic for this team.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#18 : August 28, 2009, 09:43:14 PM

Leftwich is capable of leading an offense. O-line can't open holes? So why are we one of the leading rushing teams in preseason? Funny how that is huh?  I see Bryant being the "one" good WR and Stroughter being a very good rookie at the number three. I see Clayton catching the ball and getting open in his only game. I see we have two good TEs in Winslow and Stevens. So I don't see what you see I guess.

I also see our d-line getting pressure and stuffing the run. I see our pass D performing pretty good also. So again I don't see awful

alot of assumptions.

That's right. Colin did make "alot of assumptions."  ::)

littlericky

Starter
#19 : August 28, 2009, 09:57:36 PM

I think our starters have out played the other starters in every game so far.  I know the game is longer then 15:00 minutes but we are still missing our top two receivers.  Not to mention that two  of the teams were playoff teams.  And supposedly we don't even have a starting quarterback, so imagine what we would do if we did.

gdavis

Starter

#20 : August 28, 2009, 09:58:42 PM

Terrible is the right word for this team.  

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 28, 2009, 11:43:17 PM

I think 7 wins, give or take one, is about right. However, that could actually change for the better if the defense plays big and the running game carries the offense. If they put it on the QB (which they really don't plan to do) then yeah, they will be awful.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#22 : August 29, 2009, 01:04:38 AM

Terrible is the right word for this team.  

Maybe the majority of it's fanbase... ::)
Nothing about this team is "Terrible." except some of it's fans' lack of patience.

I find it ironic, the same people who were willing to wait FOREVER for Gruden to do something, are all over Raheem after 3 preseason games.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#23 : August 29, 2009, 01:22:06 AM

I think this team is gonna look eerily similar to the early Dungy Bucs. Fast, young, gang-tackling defense and lots of ball-control rushing on offense.

CurtR1995

Hall of Famer

#24 : August 29, 2009, 11:14:24 AM

While I am not a fan of preseason, they sure didn't look awfull, and they played some pretty decent teams so far. 

* The D looks a lot better than we thought
* The ST looks to be very good
* The running game should be good to very good
* Leftwich doesn't turn the ball over much and does at the very least hang in the pocket and throw the ball down the field.
* The routes look to be very wide open, and that is w/o much from AB and KW2.  When you throw down the field, you don't need 67% to move the chains. 

I see 7 wins and the Bucs being competitive in most of their games not named NE in 2009. 

mark2001

Pro Bowler
#25 : August 29, 2009, 12:44:46 PM

Seven wins or more?   You might want to look around the league and see what our competition will be bringing.

Four wins will be a major accomplishment for this team.   How many TD's have we scored in preseason where we drove the ball down the field against a first team defense?  If our overrated O line doesn't protect the statue, the main issue will not be wins or losses but when  to bring in the Rookie.   And our "make shift" DB's, LB's, and linemen will be fortunate to end up in the upper half of the league.   BTW, has anyone wondered why the Packers cut a couple of our offensive and defensive "leaders"?  You should have heard the cheering in Green Bay when those guys were cut loose.

It's going to be really this easy for other teams....they will shut down the run, force Lefty to drop back nearly every play, create turnovers on high passes, fumbles and sack, and send the second stringers in.  Of course, this assumes we don't get Rod Jonesed a few times....than we will have to take ourselves out of the running game and the rest will follow.

I really wish that wasn't the reality, but  that is basically it this year.  But to give a ray of hope,  I guess if you could win Powerball, the Bucs could win the SB.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 29, 2009, 12:49:21 PM

I really wish that wasn't the reality, but  that is basically it this year. 

the only reality is that the season starts against dal.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

Booker

Hall of Famer

#27 : August 29, 2009, 12:56:18 PM

After three preseason games our "statue" as you call him has been protected very well and has had a lot of time to throw. When he doesn't he makes the throw whether he hits the WR or throws it away. Our make shift DBs and LBs as you say seem to be playing pretty well against teams first stringers so I don't see a problem with them. Shut down the running game? Even if it is preseason, teams are trying to do that and it doesn't seem to work. I love how all these people who "know" we will be bad try to make it seem as we haven't been doing good things in preseason. They will still say we can't stop the run yet we have shut down Chris Johnson, MJD, and Ronnie Brown. Our bad LBs and DBs as he puts it have done very well for being new and in a new scheme.

docbravo

Pro Bowler

#28 : August 29, 2009, 02:32:21 PM

After three preseason games our "statue" as you call him has been protected very well and has had a lot of time to throw. When he doesn't he makes the throw whether he hits the WR or throws it away. Our make shift DBs and LBs as you say seem to be playing pretty well against teams first stringers so I don't see a problem with them. Shut down the running game? Even if it is preseason, teams are trying to do that and it doesn't seem to work. I love how all these people who "know" we will be bad try to make it seem as we haven't been doing good things in preseason. They will still say we can't stop the run yet we have shut down Chris Johnson, MJD, and Ronnie Brown. Our bad LBs and DBs as he puts it have done very well for being new and in a new scheme.

Typical Gloom and Doomers Homie, Typical Gloom and Doomers! They gotta negative spin on everything. The more support they can get for there crazy claims, the better they feel about themselves at the end of the day. Our starting Defense has been playing LIGHTS OUT! PERIOD! We were supposed to be getting run all over because we didn't have a quality Defensive line and Inexperienced LB's. (Never mind the fact that we're running a new system.) But we haven't been, and that has to piss em off!

You would think they would be happy about being wrong... (you know, being a "fan" of the Bucs and all) but obviously not.
Page: 1 2
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Cowherd... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools