Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the Head Coach « previous next »
Page: 1

TBbuccaneer40

Pro Bowler

: October 05, 2009, 04:26:45 PM

D. As in DUHHH, that should've been a no brainer Rah!

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 05, 2009, 04:25:21 PM

I'd have used Graham. More for his savvy and blocking ability. But it doesn't matter now.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

DKWEST

Starter

#2 : October 05, 2009, 04:22:39 PM

So you're the head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers,..

The game is on the line and you have 2 minutes to drive 80 yards for a touchdown to win, or a field goal to go into overtime.

You look at your bench and you have Carnell Williams, Earnest Graham, and Clifton Smith.

Who do you put in?

A) Clifton Smith

B) Earnest Graham

C)  Carnell Williams

D)  Go to a no RB set with 5 WR's

(wish I could put this in a poll, but don't know how to do that on this board)

TOP SECRET

Practice Squad

#3 : October 05, 2009, 04:29:09 PM

Doesn't matter at all but I would've had the best player on this offense to go in.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#4 : October 05, 2009, 04:33:48 PM

Doesn't matter at all

Precisely.  A bunch of hubbub over nothing.  Unless whoever the RB was broke off a 40 yarder, that drive was going nowhere.

DKWEST

Starter

#5 : October 05, 2009, 04:39:04 PM

No "hubbub", or insiuations,..  If it doesn't matter then why even have a message board to discuss issues

Just a hypothetical situation that I'm curious what the common ordinairy fan would do in the above mentioned situation.

#6 : October 05, 2009, 04:40:50 PM

If Im the coach....  here is what I call:

A 3 yard passing play.   Then I call a time out.  
Then I ask Trueblood to commit a false start penalty on purpose.  
Then I run another 3 yard passing play and set up 3rd and 8.  
Then I call a passing play to Clayton but ask him to stop at 7 yards so we have a 4th and 1 situation.  
I then call a QB sneak and waste another 35 seconds off the clock.  

On first down with 70 yards to go, I call a deep pass to Bryant that makes 50 yards, but gets called back on a Davin Joseph holding penalty.
On second down with :45 seconds left, I call a draw play to Clifton Smith for 2 yards and burn another time out.
On 3rd and 8, my QB gets sacked BUT Trueblood gets into a scuffle with the opposing teams player and we luck out and the personal foul call goes our way.
New set of downs.

On first down around mid-field with 30 seconds left, I call a QB scramble for 5 yards.
On second down I call a reverse play with Clayton that nets us another 3 yards.
On 3rd down, oops, another Trueblood false start.
On 4th and 7 I check down to CLifton Smith for 7 yards.  The instant replay goes in our favor and we ge the first.

new set of downs.   :25 seconds left in the game and we're at the opposing 40 yard line.  
I throw a  2 yard slant to Bryant.
on 2nd down the QB gets sacked and we let :23 seconds tick off the clock unecessarily.
I try for a 45 yard field goal with :02 seconds left and miss.   game over.    

DKWEST

Starter

#7 : October 05, 2009, 04:44:15 PM

If Im the coach....  here is what I call:

A 3 yard passing play.   Then I call a time out.   

At least you would have called a time out!!!

2 plays ran off a full 1 minute off the clock. 

Where was the chest bumping coach ranting on the sidelines when the clock was ticking off?!?!?!?

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#8 : October 05, 2009, 04:48:34 PM

No "hubbub", or insiuations,..  If it doesn't matter then why even have a message board to discuss issues

Just a hypothetical situation that I'm curious what the common ordinairy fan would do in the above mentioned situation.

The problem is there are already multiple threads on this one play:

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=46677.0

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=46741.0

DKWEST

Starter

#9 : October 05, 2009, 04:55:05 PM

The problem is there are already multiple threads on this one play:

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=46677.0

http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?topic=46741.0

Jeez,..  are you the hall monitor here or what?

I haven't been online all day reading and those threads were not on the front page when I got home from Work.

Besides,..  Mine is meant to be more of a poll than a discussion thread.  (but I guess you didn't catch that)

I just want to see how many people pick the particular players mentioned

#10 : October 05, 2009, 04:56:15 PM

this was the only time I read this topic.   You can't expect everyone to read every topic.  I usually only read the topics with a catchy subject line.   good job  DKWEST. 

DKWEST

Starter

#11 : October 05, 2009, 04:56:25 PM

(wish I could put this in a poll, but don't know how to do that on this board)

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#12 : October 05, 2009, 04:58:17 PM

Besides,..  Mine is meant to be more of a poll than a discussion thread.  (but I guess you didn't catch that)

I discussed it, saying the drive was going nowhere regardless - and you took offense for some reason.

Loosen up, Chief.

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#13 : October 05, 2009, 09:45:14 PM

Obviously Clifton Smith.  Another good decision by this regime..
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: You're the Head Coach « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools