Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fumbled Snap « previous next »
Page: 1

john.matincheck

Starter

: October 24, 2007, 03:59:42 PM

I did find a reference to the play in the Chicago game that said the ball must contact the QB in order for it to be a legal snap. Not the QB's hands but any part of him.

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#1 : October 24, 2007, 03:36:04 PM

I'd rather not revisit this subject...too soon. :P

To answer your question, yes, the ball did hit Garcia's hands.

john.matincheck

Starter

#2 : October 24, 2007, 03:34:52 PM

Did any of you see the play in the Eagles/Bears game in which the ball was snapped between Grieses legs and then was scooped up by an Eagles defender. The officials said that by rule when a the QB is under center and the snap carries beyond the QB by rule it is a dead ball false start on the on the O, 5 yard penalty and the Bears keep the ball. I'm curious if any of you have ever heard of this and why it didn't apply to the Garcia fumble on the goal line.

My guess is that when the QB is under center the ball must hit his hands to be a legal snap and but I'm not sure that's the case. I was also watching the Bucs game over the internet so I couldn't tell if the ball ever made it to Garcia's hands on that play. Just looking for some clarification.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Fumbled Snap « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools