Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's go LIGHTNING!! « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 ... 31

Snook

Hall of Famer
: February 14, 2007, 08:55:11 AM

Won 13 of their last 16 and are making a run at first place in the Southeast Division.  Look out Trashers!

Going to Philips Arena next Thursday to root on the Bolts!

Any Lightning fans in here?

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#1 : February 14, 2007, 08:59:27 AM

Won 13 of their last 16 and are making a run at first place in the Southeast Division. Look out Trashers!

Going to Philips Arena next Thursday to root on the Bolts!

Any Lightning fans in here?
It's a beautiful thing.

Vincent Lecavlier is playing MVP hockey right now.........

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#2 : February 14, 2007, 09:09:34 AM

I bet there will be a lot more than there were a couple months ago.

Anyway, playing LIGHTNING hockey again, and it's been great lately.  Looking as good as we have since the Cup run in 04.

I have only made it to about 10 games this year but I have been catching them on TV a lot.  Damn responsibilities.....

In 04 I made every playoff game and about 25 reg. season.  Now down to 10 this year. Guess that's what happens when you start having children.....

MrFreakinMiyagi

Hall of Famer

#3 : February 14, 2007, 10:44:05 AM

I bet there will be a lot more than there were a couple months ago.

Anyway, playing LIGHTNING hockey again, and it's been great lately. Looking as good as we have since the Cup run in 04.

I have only made it to about 10 games this year but I have been catching them on TV a lot. Damn responsibilities.....

In 04 I made every playoff game and about 25 reg. season. Now down to 10 this year. Guess that's what happens when you start having children.....
10?? Quit your biznitchin'

I've only made it to 2 games this year :(

My daughter doesn't like hockey games, and the nights that she doesn't stay with me, I still have her until about 7:30.

Dolorus Jason on a ban bet with me over the BCS Championship: \"You have your bet. I ain\'t scurred.\"- 12/8 \"Youre being banned from your own stupidity. Enjoy.\"-12/8 \"Prepare for your ban .\" -12/9 \"Miyagi gonna be banned.\"-12/9 \"Best bet I ever made ...\"-12/9 \"Miyagi mad , gettin banned.\"-12/9\"You mIght need a break from the board. Our bet should help you do just that.\"-12/10 11:38 AM
 \"The bet is off now.\"12/10 1:24 PM

BP1

Pro Bowler

#4 : February 14, 2007, 11:26:45 AM

Lets go Lightning!!!!! I miss going to the games. I have only been in town for 2 games this season.

#5 : February 14, 2007, 11:36:50 AM

I have a feeling Vinny is gonnalead the league in goals this year. If it weren't for damned Crosby he could win the scoring title as well.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#6 : February 14, 2007, 03:57:23 PM

Yep, you got me Seed, I am just on the bandwagon.

I didn't fight constantly like RJ, but I always support the Lightning.  To be honest I don't even recall a ton of Lightning threads...just like the Magic, not a whole lot of them either.  Doesn't make me love them any less.

For me it is hard to get into a heated discussion with the lack of a rival.  For UF I have FSU and Miami fans galore so I tend to get into those a lot.  The Braves there wasn't a pure rival but there was certainly enough comparisons to get into that. 

I do recall a brief Thrashers/Lightning dispute but other than that not a whole lot.  I don't think I got into that much but its not because they were doing bad that's for sure.  I was still attending games and still watching tv when I could.  That's what's important anyway.

I do remember though in the beginning when Atlanta jumped out to a big lead and we started slow I said it's a long season and I wasn't worried.  Hockey is a grind.  Atlanta is a good team, kinda young, not used to be there.  Starting to show a bit but they have talent so I don't expect them to stay down long.  But Lightning playing great hockey, should be a good finish.

SeedOfChucky33

Hall of Famer

#7 : February 14, 2007, 03:27:29 PM

All I remember from the first few months of the season is that RJ was the only one on here who had the balls to stick his neck out and back up the lightning. Now they are winn.....nevermind...

When you talk about what the college football experience is all about, that's it. Auburn is the epitome.
--Bud Poliquin, Syracuse Post-Standard
[/b]

pewtersurf

Hall of Famer
#8 : February 14, 2007, 03:33:43 PM

All I remember from the first few months of the season is that RJ was the only one on here who had the balls to stick his neck out and back up the lightning. Now they are winn.....nevermind...

seeing how RJ sticks his neck out for the Rays as well, hes bound to get it right some time.

Anyways, I got free tickets to this Thursday game, and it'll be my first since the strike.  Should be fun, but still have a grudge against the league for how dumb.....  I'll stop there.

Get your Battle Flag!  Join the Fight!

catch2355

Practice Squad

#9 : February 14, 2007, 04:43:27 PM

i have gotten so much school work lately and havent made it to any of the games with my friend but ive watched everyone of them on tv....GO LIGHTNING

#10 : February 14, 2007, 05:03:14 PM

Good point Party, also about the lack of threads, I started those for the Rays when they would win 3/4 in a row then after the thread would slide to the bottom, no need to ruin a good thing right now....

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#11 : February 14, 2007, 05:49:58 PM

Good point Party, also about the lack of threads, I started those for the Rays when they would win 3/4 in a row then after the thread would slide to the bottom, no need to ruin a good thing right now....

You mean for the Lightning?

#12 : February 14, 2007, 05:51:04 PM

Yes. I mentioned the Rays as the example, whenever I would start a 'zomg they winning' thread they would lose....now if the Bolts take over first we may need some threads but right now the lower the key the better....I think.

joedav01

Hall of Famer

#13 : February 14, 2007, 07:10:44 PM

The Lightning are the hottest team in the entire NHL right now.  Like Ray said this really reminds me a lot of the cup run. That year they went from the 10th seed in the East to only losing 4 games in the 2nd half of the year and the #1 seed in the East and the rest is history.

Just 2 months ago the Bolts were 14th in the East.  They are now 6th and only trail ATL by 3 points and they have 2 games in hand.  So in other words, they could be the #3 seed very soon.  I don't think they can catch NJ or BUF, but the 3 spot would put them in a very nice position heading into the playoffs.

Oh and Thank God for Holmvquist.  Mark Denis was sold to us as the savior and he has been pretty bad.  If it weren't for Holmvquist coming out of nowhere the Bolts would not even make the playoffs this year.

#14 : February 14, 2007, 07:13:32 PM

Let's hope we can get Brewer or a Dman and maybe Modin back....perhaps Denis back for Modin ;)
Page: 1 2 3 ... 31
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Pirate's Cove (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Let's go LIGHTNING!! « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools