Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tomlin:Ego's were part of the reason Bucs didn't repeat « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

#15 : August 30, 2009, 10:27:43 PM

Why did you have to bring up the Colts game -_-.

Calvin Johnson

Hall of Famer

#16 : August 30, 2009, 10:28:13 PM

That 03 team got old real fast. We couldn't finish games in the 4th.

JC510

Practice Squad

#17 : August 30, 2009, 10:29:52 PM

Rice, Sapp, Keyshawn and Keenan. Didn't McCardel hold out a bunch of games then get traded? Can't remember.

Yeah he held out for more money. McKay never caved in, and he ended up going to San Diego for a 3rd round pick.

McCardell made the pro-bowl in 03. Held out in 04.

The 03 team was a great team that had every break go the other team's way.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#18 : August 30, 2009, 10:44:57 PM

Rice, Sapp, Keyshawn and Keenan. Didn't McCardel hold out a bunch of games then get traded? Can't remember.

Yeah he held out for more money. McKay never caved in, and he ended up going to San Diego for a 3rd round pick.
McCardell was Bruce Allen's problem. McKay was already gone. If you recall Allen decided against trading McCardell to Kansas City for Larry Johnson and instead traded him to San Diego for the pick that would become Chris Colmer.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

seajey

Practice Squad
#19 : August 30, 2009, 10:48:12 PM

Didn't the big break down come during the Carolina game when they blocked a field goal, Grammatica couldn't make an extra point after that game. We couldn't win a close one after that and they were all close.

#20 : August 30, 2009, 10:49:32 PM

Didn't the big break down come during the Carolina game when they blocked a field goal, Grammatica couldn't make an extra point after that game. We couldn't win a close one after that and they were all close.
Grammatica sucked every since that game I believe. He was probably the best kicker in the NFL during the previous years.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#21 : August 30, 2009, 10:53:00 PM

Why did you have to bring up the Colts game -_-.

Colts game? I dont remember any Colts game... Nope...nope...never happened.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#22 : August 30, 2009, 11:00:16 PM

That was totally Bisaccia's fault for not being able to adjust to Kris Jenkins' rushes.   He was able to adjust for the next game and get him blocked, but only a moron of a special teams coach can't make an adjustment during the game to get that stopped and have it happen multiple times.  The Colts loss was also on Bisaccia since his special teams are what truly lost that game.   That one onsides kick was illegal and Bisaccia said nothing about it because he didn't know the rules.   And that long kick return got the Colts back in it.  But the loss of BK was the key to that season being a complete failure.  They would have made the playoffs for sure had he stayed healthy.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#23 : August 30, 2009, 11:00:39 PM

Tim Wansley? Oh yeah, I saw him the other day at Publix in the Deli section but he wasn't a shopper, hint hint! I wish somebody would kick him in the Go Nads. I really dislike that man!

JasonOfthetower

Hall of Famer
#24 : August 30, 2009, 11:08:17 PM

Ego tore the team apart. Ego forced out Rich McKay (which in hindsight wasn't such a bad thing). Keyshawn's Ego clashed with Gruden's until their relationship was impossible.

Still, I think it was over for the Bucs when we lost Alstott and Jurevicius on the same play. Without their influence and dependable play, it fell on Pittman to carry the load (he couldn't) and Keyshawn began acting like the grade a jerk he was.

What is this Colts game you speak of? I have no memory of such an event ever occuring....years of counselling helped convince me it was a figment of my imagination.

DynaMike Glennon

Pro Bowler

#25 : August 30, 2009, 11:16:09 PM

Plus the game winning field that originally was blocked by I think Simeon during the Colts game. He jumped up and blocked it and when he came down onto the snapper or something and was called for a penalty, anyone recall. Than they got a rekick and ended up making it.

redbeard10

Hall of Famer
#26 : August 30, 2009, 11:18:23 PM

Plus the game winning field that originally was blocked by I think Simeon during the Colts game. He jumped up and blocked it and when he came down onto the snapper or something and was called for a penalty, anyone recall. Than they got a rekick and ended up making it.
They called him for a leaping penalty because he jumped and landed on someone. Really a stupid call.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#27 : August 30, 2009, 11:22:40 PM

Yeah I'd say the ego issue was between Gruden and Keyshawn.

no doubt about it

-------------------------------------------------------

I thought Lovie said he wanted quickness & speed, even at the QB position?

benchwarmer69

Hall of Famer

#28 : August 30, 2009, 11:24:40 PM

Everyone wanted new contracts after that season.

I remember the other dex Jackson wanting more money, then getting shipped off because of it. If they weren't so greedy or shortsighted, they might have had a good thing going. They didn't want that, and they all got shipped off or finally got their "payday" and didn't try as hard. Either way, it wasn't just JGru's fault, as much as a egomaniac as he is.

ryan24

Hall of Famer

#29 : August 30, 2009, 11:33:34 PM

Everyone wanted new contracts after that season.

I remember the other dex Jackson wanting more money, then getting shipped off because of it.

He left as a FA.

Happy and Peppy and Bursting with love.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tomlin:Ego's were part of the reason Bucs didn't repeat « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools