Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tomlin:Ego's were part of the reason Bucs didn't repeat « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

sammy8887

Hall of Famer

#30 : August 31, 2009, 12:42:55 AM

Judging by what he said, something like "We couldn't wait to show everybody what we could really do instead of going about it as starting over"...I could see Gruden being a factor in that...

TheChronicHotAir

Hall of Famer

#31 : August 31, 2009, 12:59:19 AM

Plus the game winning field that originally was blocked by I think Simeon during the Colts game. He jumped up and blocked it and when he came down onto the snapper or something and was called for a penalty, anyone recall. Than they got a rekick and ended up making it.
They called him for a leaping penalty because he jumped and landed on someone. Really a stupid call.

Actually, Vanderjadt missed the 1st attempt (bad penalty), and then nailed it HARD off the upright- but it caromed in. I've NEVER seen anyone hit the upright that hard and it GO IN...

bradentonian

Hall of Famer

#32 : August 31, 2009, 01:16:33 AM

Rice, Sapp, Keyshawn and Keenan. Didn't McCardel hold out a bunch of games then get traded? Can't remember.

Yeah he held out for more money. McKay never caved in, and he ended up going to San Diego for a 3rd round pick.
McCardell was Bruce Allen's problem. McKay was already gone. If you recall Allen decided against trading McCardell to Kansas City for Larry Johnson and instead traded him to San Diego for the pick that would become Chris Colmer.

And I believe also the pick that became Larry Brackins

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#33 : August 31, 2009, 01:12:00 AM

Plural folks.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#34 : August 31, 2009, 08:03:20 AM

Actually, Vanderjadt missed the 1st attempt (bad penalty),

Yes, the dreaded "leaping" penalty that no one in the bar had ever heard or nor recalled seeing called before.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : August 31, 2009, 08:22:24 AM

Actually, Vanderjadt missed the 1st attempt (bad penalty),

Yes, the dreaded "leaping" penalty that no one in the bar had ever heard or nor recalled seeing called before.

And the "leap" had zero effect on the play.  Had he blocked the kick, call the penalty.   Otherwise, let men play football.   Every call went the Colts way that night.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : August 31, 2009, 08:25:31 AM

And the "leap" had zero effect on the play.  Had he blocked the kick, call the penalty.   Otherwise, let men play football.   Every call went the Colts way that night.

Well and the reason is not to hurt the other team but then why can every RB do the Jr Birdman bit at the goaline?

Has anyone even seen this foul called again?

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

keeponbucn

Hall of Famer

#37 : August 31, 2009, 08:25:53 AM

I still have nightmares of the Colts game, Ronde returned that int for a TD an it should have been over.

The Bucs win that it's a different season

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#38 : August 31, 2009, 08:34:19 AM

Well and the reason is not to hurt the other team but then why can every RB do the Jr Birdman bit at the goaline?

Has anyone even seen this foul called again?

I happens all the time, but that's the only time I've ever seen the refs call it in my 35 years of watching the NFL.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#39 : August 31, 2009, 12:30:44 PM

Plural folks.

bingo - I remember reading elsewhere (brain not working on a monday), that the whole feel of the season was different and several players walked around like the you-know-what didn't stink.  The article had quotes from at least one of the players - Lynch or Sapp maybe?

Tampa Bay Todd

Hall of Famer

#40 : August 31, 2009, 12:52:26 PM

The same could be said for most of the Super Bowl teams who don't repeat I would think.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Tomlin:Ego's were part of the reason Bucs didn't repeat « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools