Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Dexter Jackson the worst pick in franchise history? « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7

Trojan52

Hall of Famer

#90 : August 31, 2009, 10:34:43 PM

I'm curious to know if we have ever hit on a 5th rounder?

Except for the trade for Lorenzo Neal (can't believe we didn't keep him) and the selections of Jermaine Phillips and....... I can't believe I'm typing this.... Sean Mahan. I can't name a single 5th rounder.

Oh, can't forget the famous Ian Beckles either. But that's last of em on the top of my head, I'm sure I could go on Bucpower and look and find maybe 5-6 picks in the fifth round that worked out, but man when it comes to bad in the fifth round we fit the mold. I wasn't even mad when we added the fifth rounder in the deal for Winslow.

I was displeased that we sent Alex Smith off for a fifth. He will be better thany player we take with that pick. Hold me to it.

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#91 : August 31, 2009, 10:40:36 PM

Except for the trade for Lorenzo Neal (can't believe we didn't keep him) and the selections of Jermaine Phillips and....... I can't believe I'm typing this.... Sean Mahan. I can't name a single 5th rounder.
My memory only goes back so far, but in addition to Phillips you have

Russ Hochstein: Bill Muir couldn't do anything with him in Tampa but he started a few Super Bowls for New England
Patrick Hape: lasted 8 seasons
Pete Pierson: depth for a long time
Santana Dotson: 11 seasons
Ian Beckles: 'nuff said

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

The White Tiger

Hall of Famer

#92 : August 31, 2009, 10:49:22 PM

So, the answer would be...no....then....right?

Incomparable sig by Incognito

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#93 : September 01, 2009, 01:06:17 AM

BoJax.

I think bo is coo owner.  You can spell bust without Booker Reese!  That dude was horrible!!!!

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

watson

Hall of Famer
#94 : September 01, 2009, 04:55:06 AM

BoJax.

I think bo is coo owner. You can spell bust without Booker Reese! That dude was horrible!!!!
Chev,
You got that right......BR was gigantic....and a gigantic BUST

Truths:
1.  Never have an argument with an idiot.  They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with their experience.
2.  For some it would be better if they remained silent and be thought a fool than to speak and erase all doubt.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#95 : September 01, 2009, 06:05:42 AM

The strange thing about the 5th round is it seems the Bucs traded it away most of the time.  They only made 5th round picks in about 1/2 of the drafts over the years.

Good 5th rounders

Steve Wilson - one of the best linemen the Bucs ever had
Santana Dotson
Jermaine Phillips

TheShadow

Hall of Famer

#96 : September 01, 2009, 07:50:35 AM

Another good 5th rounder was Jeff Davis, LB, Clemson.

Quit beefing about the past and start hoping for the future

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#97 : September 01, 2009, 08:33:40 AM

Another good 5th rounder was Jeff Davis, LB, Clemson.

He was good.

JollyRodger

Rookie

#98 : September 01, 2009, 10:13:42 AM

Then you have Zuttah who has struggled but will hopefully pick it up.

What makes you feel he has struggled?

I agree, McCrae, McCants,  D. Jackson were all bad.  I would have to add Alan Zamaitis, Marquis Cooper and the double #1 tandem of Regan Upshaw/Marcus Jones was pretty bad.  Only 6 starts between them.  I could go on.  However, the worst pick has to be Bo.  When a guys says, don't draft me because I will not play for you... you move to your next choice.  btw, the Bucs also selected Rod "Toast" Jones in the first round that same year.

Question:  Is Dexter Jackson be the second coming of Courtney Hawkins?
Page: 1 ... 5 6 7
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Was Dexter Jackson the worst pick in franchise history? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools