Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leinart « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

RedAlert

Hall of Famer

#30 : October 17, 2006, 04:13:22 PM

I am not basing it just on his size though.

Looks like you are.

But nonetheless, I always maintained that Bush would be an all-purpose threat when many in here were swearing he'd be a bust or just average and were comparing him to a Mike Vick.

Someone even scoffed at me when I said a highly regarded young offensive mind like Payton would find a way to make him as effective as possible, including lining him up wide. Guess what?..

Bush doesn't have to be an "every down" runner to be a great player in the NFL. But he's a highly gifted athlete. Once he gets his legs, he's going to be a bigger threat than he is now. Including, but not limited to, running the ball...

I stand by that.

rayfsc07

Practice Squad

#31 : October 17, 2006, 04:27:18 PM

Looks like you are.

But nonetheless, I always maintained that Bush would be an all-purpose threat when many in here were swearing he'd be a bust or just average and were comparing him to a Mike Vick.

Someone even scoffed at me when I said a highly regarded young offensive mind like Payton would find a way to make him as effective as possible, including lining him up wide. Guess what?..

Bush doesn't have to be an "every down" runner to be a great player in the NFL. But he's a highly gifted athlete. Once he gets his legs, he's going to be a bigger threat than he is now. Including, but not limited to, running the ball...

I stand by that.

Of course he would be lined up at WR, a lot of RB's are these days that's nothing new.  Pittman does it all the time and Caddy does at times also. 

Bush will make a living catching the ball, running it, and returning kicks no doubt. But I think he was highly overrated coming out.  Some will say right now he has done well, but I think he has proven he was overrated.  He is averaging about 80 yards rush/rec a game with 0 TD's.  He does have a PR for a TD but outside of that he was only getting 7 yards a PR.  He is young and he'll likely get better, but most said he woudl step right in a dominate the NFL, which I disagreed and took a LOT of heat for.  Hehas done a fairly good job and his team is winning so that obviously means something.  But in terms of him being the saving grace, next best thing, greatest RB ever, coming in and dominating, etc. he just isn't that, and never will be and I stand by that.  He'll be an average to above average player IMO.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Leinart « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools