Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we tripping on who's the Starter? « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

: September 02, 2009, 12:12:55 AM

Why are we trippin?  Why do we have two different camps?  If we dissect each of their games we find holes that will keep either from succeeding.  So Why?

It is obvious to everyone involved that neither is the long term solution. So let's stop acting the fool like it really matters whether Luke won or Byron won. The result will be that he's got until the bye week to make a case for himself to continue.  If he's sucking out loud, at the bye week we make a switch and have two weeks to get the kid an accelerated learning curve...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 02, 2009, 12:17:05 AM

I personally just think I will find myself livid with Leftwich's play. His style is pretty irritating to me.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 02, 2009, 12:20:10 AM

I think it's just because people don't have anything else to biitch about, yet. All the other complaints (terrible defense, horrible DT's, inexperienced LB's) have proven to be false.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 02, 2009, 12:22:56 AM

NOTHING has been proven.   It's preseason.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#4 : September 02, 2009, 12:25:07 AM

NOTHING has been proven.   It's preseason.

As this is SO true, please try to apply it to some of your more colorful opinions.

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 02, 2009, 12:40:24 AM

I personally just think I will find myself livid with Leftwich's play. His style is pretty irritating to me.

ditto!!

-------------------------------------------------------

vladin

Starter

#6 : September 02, 2009, 12:43:12 AM

Lots of camps, not just two.  Here's some..

People who did not want Gruden fired and disagree with the Morris hire are going to take the counter view no matter what.  Turmoil in the Morris era is good.  Morris chooses McCown?  Say Leftwich is better.  Chooses Leftwich?  Say McCown or Freeman.

People who are player sentimentals - who think we made broken promises to McCardell, who believe we've mistreated every vet we've parted ways with starting with John Lynch all the way up through Derrick Brooks and now (pending) Matt Bryant, who believe that McCown showed loyalty in the Bucs organization to re-sign, and despite a statistically better pre-season, may be experiencing McCardellian broken promises.  

People who are future oriented, and don't understand why we aren't playing Freeman.  The belief is not that adversity will ruin the young QB if he's truly "the one", and if it some how does, he was never the great QB we thought.  To them, we are only delaying his development, and extending our misery as a team.

People who just can't stand Leftwich's mechanics, and envision batted balls, laser-like 5 yard passes, brilliant throws followed by horrible looking throws, sacks galore.  

People who cannot stand McCown no matter what.  The made their decision on him long ago, and are perplexed that he's even in the conversation.  They will take Leftwich because he's not McCown, but may be still wishing Garcia would somehow come back.  Think the NO game was a fluke, and his safety taken tarnished his comeback win anyway.

People who truly love McCown and saw the NO game as a window into his potential.  They are particularly annoyed that he's never been given a true opportunity to start a full season, particularly when the likes of Bruce Gradkowski have been.

People who think Josh Johnson is the best QB on this roster, and has gotten an even more raw deal than McCown.

But just wait.  This is NOTHING.  After Leftwich and McCown are just faint memories, and Josh is going through his early NFL growing pains, this fan base will re-divide into a "Give Freeman a chance" camp, and a "we could have had Tebow" camp (future participants in this camp are currently biding their time in the "we could have had Percy Harvin" camp).

O.S. Buc76

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 02, 2009, 01:12:13 AM

I hope they try and live or die with McCown or Leftwich for at least 13 games, and if we're let's say 3-10 or 4-9 at that point then turn it over to Freeman and get him some experience for the 2010 starting job.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 02, 2009, 01:44:47 AM

It's simple. Leftwich is pure garbage. He has proven over and over again that he is a very average quarterback who at BEST should be a backup. He's very inaccurate, very immobile, and very inconsistent. He is a first round pick now on his fourth team going into his seventh season. Three previous teams have seen what he can do and had no problem letting him walk and I'm positive he will be on team number 5 next year. I've seen what he can do and he looks every bit the complete bust he's proven himself to be.

I find it funny that we cut so many players this offseason so that we could see what the younger guys could do, yet instead of seeing what Luke could do over a full season we sign a guy who has proven he can't get the job done. Raheem can talk about Byron's leadership all he wants, nobody follows a loser, and that's what Byron is. Once those L's start to pile up it's going to be funny watching Raheem "in over his head" Morris try to spin things to try and back this bum.

donny77

Starter
#9 : September 02, 2009, 02:01:59 AM

I find it funny that we cut so many players this offseason so that we could see what the younger guys could do, yet instead of seeing what Luke could do over a full season we sign a guy who has proven he can't get the job done. Raheem can talk about Byron's leadership all he wants, nobody follows a loser, and that's what Byron is. Once those L's start to pile up it's going to be funny watching Raheem "in over his head" Morris try to spin things to try and back this bum.
Luke is 28, Leftwich 29.  Luke is not one of the young players on this roster.  He is not the future.  That has always been clear and honest.  He was offered an opportunity to audition for 31 teams in this league.  All he had to do was win the starting job.

CyberDilemma

Hall of Famer

#10 : September 02, 2009, 02:29:40 AM

It's simple. Leftwich is pure garbage. He has proven over and over again that he is a very average quarterback who at BEST should be a backup. He's very inaccurate, very immobile, and very inconsistent. He is a first round pick now on his fourth team going into his seventh season. Three previous teams have seen what he can do and had no problem letting him walk and I'm positive he will be on team number 5 next year. I've seen what he can do and he looks every bit the complete bust he's proven himself to be.

Leftwich has taken his team 12-4 during a season. How many current NFL starters can stake that claim?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#11 : September 02, 2009, 03:37:59 AM

Luke is 28, Leftwich 29.  Luke is not one of the young players on this roster.  He is not the future.  That has always been clear and honest.  He was offered an opportunity to audition for 31 teams in this league.  All he had to do was win the starting job.

And Byron isn't the future either. They gave Luke 2.5 million which turns out to be a complete waste, and please tell me what Byron did to win the starting job, I'd love to hear it.

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#12 : September 02, 2009, 03:38:51 AM

NOTHING has been proven.   It's preseason.

LOL. Irony.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#13 : September 02, 2009, 03:44:34 AM

Leftwich has taken his team 12-4 during a season. How many current NFL starters can stake that claim?

Leftwich missed the last five games of the season the Jaguars went 12-4. This guy has done nothing with his career yet people around here hate Luke so much they chose to ignore how poor of a player Byron is.

NavyBuc19

Hall of Famer
#14 : September 02, 2009, 03:51:08 AM

Can't be anymore irritating than Jeff Garcia, Luke McCown, Brian Griese, Chris Simms, Rob Johnson, Trent Dilfer, or Shaun King.

Nothing like watching Happy Feet Penguin Garcia scramble instead of noodling a pass downfield or Pea Brain McCown giving up on the pocket after 2 seconds.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why are we tripping on who's the Starter? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools