Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call me crazy but I think... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

bucs8ball

Starter

#15 : October 17, 2006, 12:17:53 AM

You just HAD to say it, didn't you!

Of course, I did.  [banghead]

TBayJJ

Second String

#16 : October 17, 2006, 12:20:39 AM

I agree, I will beat the Eagles. Go Bucs.

TBayJJ

Second String

#17 : October 17, 2006, 12:21:06 AM

We not I

OpTiOnMaStA

Practice Squad

#18 : October 17, 2006, 12:38:58 AM

I hope we do. This week is going to be intense for me here, I know that.

#19 : October 17, 2006, 12:42:40 AM

Eagles are very physical, espescially up front. The safeties hit hard as rocks.

Dawkins can't hit what he can't catch.  Their dbs let Joe Horn run thru them like he was at practice.

njligernj

Starter
#20 : October 17, 2006, 08:28:57 AM

This will be a great test of the difference between Grads and Simms. Eagles will blitz a lot and the blitz was something Simms couldn't handle at all. It'll be a very interesting test -- pity I hate the Eagles so much I have no interest in the interesting ... I just want to destroy them.

cheveliar

Hall of Famer

#21 : October 17, 2006, 08:48:30 AM

I don't think it's crazy.  If, and this is huge, they have learned from their earlier mistakes, continue to block well, and tackle well we have a shot...Plus I think we might be able to catch them looking ahead...or taking us lightly with a rook at QB...

Without Carl Nix it feels like our running game just took a death blow to the face!

GrudenFan63

Hall of Famer

#22 : October 17, 2006, 08:55:30 AM

I think the Bucs have just as much of an opportunity to beat the Eagles as the Eagles have to beat the Bucs. I know that sounds like Yogi Berra speaking, but I think it's true. The Eagles blitz like crazy. They've been playing decent; despite the game against New Orleans. I think it will be a very good learning experience for Gradkowski; win or lose. It will test his composure and mental awareness. I think the Bucs are the underdogs, and rightfully so; because one team is 4-2 while the other is 1-4. You can argue that they haven't exactly had a difficult schedule in which to get those wins, but a win's a win. You have to play the schedule they give you. I think it will be an entertaining game. I'm looking forward to seeing how Gradkowski faces the constant blitz.

Orangegone1

Starter

#23 : October 17, 2006, 10:45:42 AM

One of the analysts after the Saints-Eagles game was pointing out how the Saints were spreading out the Eagle defense to stop the blitz. I don't know how many receivers they had in. Its totally different than what we've been doing with our TE's, and its scary for a young QB to have less protection but that may be the blueprint to stop the Eagles D.

mjs020294

Hall of Famer

#24 : October 17, 2006, 10:56:51 AM

One of the analysts after the Saints-Eagles game was pointing out how the Saints were spreading out the Eagle defense to stop the blitz. I don't know how many receivers they had in. Its totally different than what we've been doing with our TE's, and its scary for a young QB to have less protection but that may be the blueprint to stop the Eagles D.

I think Gruden can exploit the Eagles blitzing with Grads under center.  Gradkowski makes quick reads and his release is lightening fast.  This is the perfect game for lots of dung and dink passing to the TEs and RBs.

Eagles 17 Bucs 20

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#25 : October 17, 2006, 10:57:42 AM

if we can pick up the blitz to give Grad time and run the rock we wioll be fine we just need the D line to come up big again

rocko23

Hall of Famer
#26 : October 17, 2006, 10:58:16 AM

oh and activate Stovall

mnbuc

Starter
#27 : October 17, 2006, 11:23:02 AM

Hey why not beat the Fleagles...win nbr 2 could be on the way.

#28 : October 17, 2006, 11:43:42 AM

I hope we beat the Eagles, but they match up well against us, unless the D starts causing some turnovers.  I had a good feeling about the Benghouls and the matchups we had against them, but not the Eagirls.  They pressure the QB too well.  Welcome to the NFL, Grads.  He better play a much better game than he did against the Bengals.

#29 : October 17, 2006, 01:54:27 PM

We're gonna beat those pussies down.

Bucs-20
Iggles- 3
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Call me crazy but I think... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools