Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who to start @ WR? « previous next »
Page: 1

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
: August 30, 2009, 12:02:11 PM

Ok, I'm in a PPR league and I'm having difficulty in choosing who to start at WR in week one.

For two slots, I have:

Terrell Owens vs. New England
Roy Williams vs. Tampa Bay
Vincent Jackson vs. Oakland

I'm pretty sure I'm going to play Vincent Jackson for the sole reason that he's going up against the Raiders.  But, in trying to take off my pewter colored glasses, I'm still having difficulty in deciding which banged-up receiver to play in the second slot.

Any advice?

LFO

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 30, 2009, 01:39:14 PM

Wait until the injury reports are out.   Right now Roy and TO are both hurt.  Your decision could be made for you.

Hate

Hall of Famer
#2 : August 30, 2009, 05:56:43 PM

Roy sux

-------------------------------------------------------

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 30, 2009, 06:52:35 PM

Roy should have a better game playing Tampas secondary than Owens playing NEs secondary.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 30, 2009, 07:18:03 PM

Ok, I'm in a PPR league and I'm having difficulty in choosing who to start at WR in week one.

For two slots, I have:

Terrell Owens vs. New England
Roy Williams vs. Tampa Bay
Vincent Jackson vs. Oakland

I'm pretty sure I'm going to play Vincent Jackson for the sole reason that he's going up against the Raiders.  But, in trying to take off my pewter colored glasses, I'm still having difficulty in deciding which banged-up receiver to play in the second slot.

Any advice?

You should of put this picture in your sig

Suh or bust, Dom. You make the call.

Bucs Capacitor

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 01, 2009, 05:15:15 AM

Yeah...ran out of room, haha.

See Roy was productive on a terrible Lions team, I figure he can be successful being Romo's number one (behind Witten, of course).  I'm tempted to play Owens because I have a feeling the Pats D won't be as good this year.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#6 : September 01, 2009, 08:32:55 AM

That BUF offense has looked rancid in pre-season. Couple that with the tendency of Edwards to dink and dunk anyways and a good NE defense and I might go with Roy W even though I don't think he's gonna light anyone up.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 01, 2009, 05:04:31 PM

That BUF offense has looked rancid in pre-season. Couple that with the tendency of Edwards to dink and dunk anyways and a good NE defense and I might go with Roy W even though I don't think he's gonna light anyone up.

Buffalo is going to be one of the worst teams in NFL this year. Bank on that.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#8 : September 01, 2009, 06:15:26 PM

I agree, that no huddle thing they ran was just sad an pathetic. Their line is a mess and Edwards doesn't appear to have it so TO will go bonkers in about 4 games.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.
If you think Manziel is the best QB in this draft I can safely assume you are an idiot and will treat you as such.

swashbuccaler

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 01, 2009, 06:18:43 PM

I agree, that no huddle thing they ran was just sad an pathetic. Their line is a mess and Edwards doesn't appear to have it so TO will go bonkers in about 4 games.

The only reason they are trying that no huddle thing is because they're trying to compensate for that embarrassing oline of theirs.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Who to start @ WR? « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools