Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why be a "fan" then « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

Bschucher

Hall of Famer
: September 02, 2009, 06:09:22 PM

Seems there are SO MANY posters on here lately that hate the ownership, coaches and players. Whats the point then? Why root for a "team" you cant stand? There are 31 other teams that Im sure you like the ownership, coaching and players of more. As a fan you have every right to root for any team you so desire. If you hate it that much, please stop posting here and move on to the team you think deserves your fandom. Its so hard to read such negative posts by supposed fans. Concern is one thing, constant bashing is another.

clyton4prez

Second String

#1 : September 02, 2009, 06:13:17 PM

yea   what he said  ^^^^

Incognito

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 02, 2009, 06:14:26 PM

I agree completely.

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 02, 2009, 06:35:10 PM

Just wait till FloridaNative sees this thread....

Brace yourself for another rant about perks and ticket prices.

Gdubbz

Practice Squad

#4 : September 02, 2009, 06:40:26 PM

Agreed, its pathetic.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#5 : September 02, 2009, 06:53:41 PM

They're the local team. You have a connection with the area and they're part of it.

Seems kind of weak to just pick some random team. Actually that seems really weak.

Certainly if you think fans should be free to just pick some random team then you should feel free not to read posts from people you don't like.

Seems like a fan should also have the right to not agree with the leadership of the franchise nor should they have to like every player. That's a lot more palatable then the Fans that were rooting for their team to lose. There was a good number of them here when I first started posting.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

Bayfisher

Hall of Famer
#6 : September 02, 2009, 08:10:26 PM

Seems there are SO MANY posters on here lately that hate the ownership, coaches and players. Whats the point then? Why root for a "team" you cant stand? There are 31 other teams that Im sure you like the ownership, coaching and players of more. As a fan you have every right to root for any team you so desire. If you hate it that much, please stop posting here and move on to the team you think deserves your fandom. Its so hard to read such negative posts by supposed fans. Concern is one thing, constant bashing is another.
You could have written this post three years ago and it would still apply.  I guess only the Gruden bashers had that right.  ::)

gdavis

Starter

#7 : September 02, 2009, 08:34:54 PM

I live in Tampa and pay these players salaries.  I can complain all I want.  Especially since I paid for that Super Bowl trophy we won. 

Those PlayStation All-Americans up there thinking they know football because they watched a game on TV.
--B. Bowden

stufftherun55

Starter

#8 : September 02, 2009, 08:43:43 PM

Is this a football site or the view?

"We might make a lot of money but, we also spend a lot of money"- Patrick Ewing (The best ever)

Badabing

Hall of Famer

#9 : September 02, 2009, 08:46:24 PM

well it seems that some find every opportunity to bash McCown and Morris.  I was the same way with Bruce Allen?  I could not stand the man and the "over-deserved" credit he got for the "Cap situation".

I think that many fans do this b/c they get annoyed by other fans thoughts, i.e. making McCown the second coming of Peyton Manning.  People may confuse me with being a "non-fan" because I dis McCown all the time, but thats b/c its well deserved and I try to be reasonable when people throw a guy like Garcia under the bus, who by the way has been and IS STILL the best QB we've had since 2003 version of Brad Johnson.  But before I go on a Garcia rant, I think you have to understand every1 on this board is a fan, its just they may not like McCown and may not like Morris.

I am indifferent towards Morris and am liking him as time goes on, but I could see people not liking him at first b/c he comes off when he speaks as somebody that has about just as much idea to run a football team as me or you in our 3rd season of Madden Franchise.

flyinbuc

Pro Bowler
#10 : September 02, 2009, 09:36:57 PM

Preaching to the choir

Hit-55

Starter

#11 : September 02, 2009, 09:54:10 PM

Just because you live there doesn't mean you have to pull for them. I live in North Carolina and there is no team I hate more than the Panthers. So if the only reason you pull for them is because you live there, that is a weak reason. There are 2 other teams in your state to choose from. It's OK to be upset with your team but seem to wish bad on the team so they can complain. Just pull for the team and what ever happens happens but get behind them and quit the whinning.

Fire the cannons!!!

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer
#12 : September 02, 2009, 09:55:55 PM

I liv ein NY, I express concern, I show support, but I agree...too many pure, outright haters out there.  Guys who are willing to stop supporting the Bucs.  Man up, don't be a chump, and be a part of the "we-fense"...

s0uthFLbucfan

Starter

#13 : September 02, 2009, 10:02:55 PM

I agree, i think its okay to be upset with ownership/draft picks/team decisons, because you love the team and want it to do well. But everyone is throwing Rah and Dominick under the bus before they have even seen a game, imo if we have a terrible season, complain away.

but i wont cause win or loose

you just gotta love dem bucs

"We're going to be d--- good,"-
Kellen Winslow II. Novemeber 15, 2009

The Q

Pro Bowler

#14 : September 02, 2009, 10:29:13 PM

I support the BUCS, it's the idiots running the show that are making too many bone headed moves that has my ire.
If you don't like what someone posts, don't read it or respond to it. It's not hard to do.
But, most on here can't let it go, they have to chime in and let all know their views, good or bad!

The BUCS are gonna surprise people this year!
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why be a "fan" then « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools