Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why be a "fan" then « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

cyberdude557

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 02, 2009, 10:49:44 PM

Does criticizing the policies of the government make you any less of an American?

Just because someone questions the moves their team is making does not make them any less of a fan. There are legitimate questions. Why did the Glazers hire Morris and Dominik without conducting any other interview to see what's out there? Why do we, for the 2nd straight year, have the league's lowest payroll while also the league's 3rd highest ticket prices? Why do we dump all our veterans and replace them with cheap and inexperienced players? Why couldnt a deal be worked out for Antonio Bryant or Ruud...lock them up long term when all this surplus of cap room goes to waste?

These are questions that really havnt been answered. And they are legitimate questions.

We will have a clearer picture what the Glazers are doing next offseason. If guys like Bryant and Ruud leave via free agency next year, and/or we still have no spending for another year, the fan base is really going to be pissed off. What you see right now will be 100 times worse. Fans around here put up with Culverhouse long enough to recognize when ownership is trying to save a buck and milking the team. People are not going to pay those prices for a poor product.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#16 : September 02, 2009, 11:02:15 PM

+1, very well stated.

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

3rd String Kicker

Hall of Famer
#17 : September 02, 2009, 11:12:56 PM

The vast majority of Tampa fans love to hate.

I would say that some of this board's grumpiest posters are the most die hard fans here.

JavaBuc

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 02, 2009, 11:10:51 PM

I used to wonder why people would be so upset about Gruden and constantly bashing him when he was the coach of the team I loved.   I thought they should support the team regardless since they were "fans" of that team.   And heck, Gruden won a superbowl!   How can that not be special to those people?   Seemed crazy to me.  

Now I understand why they were complaining.  Sometimes people aren't comfortable with the way things are going and feel the need to voice that opinion.   I'm not comfortable at all with the makeup of this current team from the players all the way up to the owner.   It's disgusting.    Since I supported the team for over 30 years, I feel I have the right to complain about such a dog crap product as they are providing now.    I also acted on my concerns by canceling my season tickets that I had since 1978.    I wish the Glazers would sell the team.   They are horrible owners ever since they bought Manchester United.

Boid Fink

Hall of Famer

#19 : September 02, 2009, 11:17:25 PM

I agree Java, they have some horrible aspects to their ownerships...thus I label them as wishy-washy.

They DID build a new stadium, that is at the top of the tier inthe NFL by most accounts.  They have one of the best facilities inthe NFL, which is a credit to what they do.

However, they have become obviously ensconced with this soccer fetish, and have basically put their monetary efforts into that endeavour.  They are most likely shortchanging the franchise, and it's fanbase by neglecting the needs of our beloved Bucs.  I, too, think the Glazers (the sons), are not worthy of the Bucs.  I wish DeBartolo would buy the franchise, and I really mean that.

The Glazers can go about business as usual with their soccer club, and Debartolo would eventually build a winner, IMO...all he cares about is football.

JoshJohnson11

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 02, 2009, 11:25:58 PM

Sweet Sig KTbuc.

Please leave your message after the beep.BEEP!!!

ufojoe

Hall of Famer

#21 : September 02, 2009, 11:29:59 PM

Yeah, this team, Morris and Dominik are disgusting! LOL. Sorry but we have a bunch of jackass fans.

Get back to me after we've played 4 or 5 games.

BTW, how does our drafting under the new regime look so far? Any steals in the 7th round? Did we draft any defensive players with potential to start this or next year?

DougTheGreat

Starter

#22 : September 03, 2009, 06:19:52 AM

If only Stuart Sternberg owned the Bucs.

The best thing that ever happened to this area, baseball wise.

#23 : September 03, 2009, 07:46:27 AM

Seems there are SO MANY posters on here lately that hate the ownership, coaches and players. Whats the point then? Why root for a "team" you cant stand? There are 31 other teams that Im sure you like the ownership, coaching and players of more. As a fan you have every right to root for any team you so desire. If you hate it that much, please stop posting here and move on to the team you think deserves your fandom. Its so hard to read such negative posts by supposed fans. Concern is one thing, constant bashing is another.

I am giving Raheem about as much leash as people did Jon Gruden. We fired the winningest coach in team history this season lets see what Raheem can do with pretty much the same offenseive players at the skill positions

I am blasting the GM for BUM moves he has made.

When has ownership ever been popular since Daddy Malcom left the "brothers" in charge. They have made it a point to focus on their kickball team and leave the Bucs in financial hell

#24 : September 03, 2009, 07:48:43 AM

I used to wonder why people would be so upset about Gruden and constantly bashing him when he was the coach of the team I loved.   I thought they should support the team regardless since they were "fans" of that team.   And heck, Gruden won a superbowl!   How can that not be special to those people?   Seemed crazy to me.  

Now I understand why they were complaining.  Sometimes people aren't comfortable with the way things are going and feel the need to voice that opinion.   I'm not comfortable at all with the makeup of this current team from the players all the way up to the owner.   It's disgusting.    Since I supported the team for over 30 years, I feel I have the right to complain about such a dog crap product as they are providing now.    I also acted on my concerns by canceling my season tickets that I had since 1978.    I wish the Glazers would sell the team.   They are horrible owners ever since they bought Manchester United.

This is the first season since pre Dungy era that I believe we will be eliminated from playoff contention when toe hits leather week one

That is why I am unhappy

#25 : September 03, 2009, 07:52:42 AM

Seems there are SO MANY posters on here lately that hate the ownership, coaches and players. Whats the point then? Why root for a "team" you cant stand? There are 31 other teams that Im sure you like the ownership, coaching and players of more. As a fan you have every right to root for any team you so desire. If you hate it that much, please stop posting here and move on to the team you think deserves your fandom. Its so hard to read such negative posts by supposed fans. Concern is one thing, constant bashing is another.

Because it's their right to be cretinous and miserable any time they want to be... even on the interweb.

Takes all kinds.

benir0

Hall of Famer

#26 : September 03, 2009, 08:31:17 AM

I liv ein NY, I express concern, I show support, but I agree...too many pure, outright haters out there.  Guys who are willing to stop supporting the Bucs.  Man up, don't be a chump, and be a part of the "we-fense"...

Right.  I disagree that geographic area has anything to do with it, but if you are a fan, you should kind of, in general, sorta, ummm...like the team.

Especially considering the fact that Rah and his management team have put together pretty much a new team that hasn't even seen the field in meaningful action.  It's one thing to criticize his moves so far, quite another to continually bash and namecall.  All to often, I feel like it is the latter around here.

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#27 : September 03, 2009, 09:54:23 AM

This is the first season since pre Dungy era that I believe we will be eliminated from playoff contention when toe hits leather week one

That is why I am unhappy

Then you truly are a "Blind Mellon"

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 03, 2009, 09:55:52 AM

i think if our fans learned the difference between criticizing moves they dont agree with/understand and outright bashing the team because of personal opinions, then we'd all have a more enjoyable experience at PR.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#29 : September 03, 2009, 10:01:39 AM

Just because you live there doesn't mean you have to pull for them. I live in North Carolina and there is no team I hate more than the Panthers. So if the only reason you pull for them is because you live there, that is a weak reason. There are 2 other teams in your state to choose from. It's OK to be upset with your team but seem to wish bad on the team so they can complain. Just pull for the team and what ever happens happens but get behind them and quit the whinning.

It's kind of crazy I know but you don't even have to be a football fan.

Pulling for the team were you live is the pretty much the only legitimate reason. Your fandumb should outlast even ownership.

Would "seem to wish bad on the team" kind of be the same as hoping they lose?  Only one is a guess at someone's intentions and the other was the folks flat coming out and saying it.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why be a "fan" then « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools