Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why be a "fan" then « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 03, 2009, 10:06:09 AM

Does criticizing the policies of the government make you any less of an American?

Not to get OT, but I'd say that's essential to being American. Well maybe more to challenge or question the government then just criticize but same ball park.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#31 : September 03, 2009, 10:50:26 AM

Does criticizing the policies of the government make you any less of an American?
Well maybe more to challenge or question the government then just criticize but same ball park.

again, criticize vs. bash.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

TheGladiator

Pro Bowler

#32 : September 03, 2009, 10:58:24 AM

Remember, that fan is short for fanatic.  Sports are entertainment and it's a way to vent positively and negatively to relieve the stress of every day life.  Say what you will about them, but, Yankees and Redsox fans are among the most passionate;  they almost live and die with their team.  It's almost like seemingly despising your brother or sister, but, if that person is somehow threatened, you'll fight tooth and nail for them.  The highs and the lows are all part of being a passionate fan.

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 03, 2009, 11:00:49 AM

Well maybe more to challenge or question the government then just criticize but same ball park.

again, criticize vs. bash.

Well sometimes the policies need bashing.  Much like your fan status should outlast any given person that's upsetting you, your national allegiance should out last any given administration.

DYK, we have a college football forum... http://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php?board=5.0

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#34 : September 03, 2009, 11:06:13 AM

You can love your team and hate it's management...In fact, the hating of it's management comes from the sheer love of the team.  Some of us HATE to see management run our beloved Bucs into the ground.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#35 : September 03, 2009, 11:06:33 AM

Well sometimes the policies need bashing. �Much like your fan status should outlast any given person that's upsetting you, your national allegiance should out last any given administration.

in my opinion, i think your national allegiance should be the reason to criticize rather than bash.

Sports are entertainment and it's a way to vent positively and negatively to relieve the stress of every day life.  

i think venting negatively is only rationalizing ones immaturity.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#36 : September 03, 2009, 11:07:11 AM

Some of us HATE to see management run our beloved Bucs into the ground.

and some of us assume too much.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#37 : September 03, 2009, 11:10:04 AM

Some assumptions are based on the clear facts in front of us.  This team is weaker than it was last year.  Maybe not from a talent standpoint, but for sure from an management/organizational standpoint.  As I've touted since the initial change---THERE IS NO PLAN.  This ship is lost at sea....

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#38 : September 03, 2009, 11:12:01 AM

Some assumptions are based on the clear facts in front of us.  This team is weaker than it was last year.  Maybe not from a talent standpoint, but for sure from an management/organizational standpoint.  As I've touted since the initial change---THERE IS NO PLAN.  This ship is lost at sea....

AMEN

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 03, 2009, 11:13:16 AM

Some assumptions are based on the clear facts in front of us.  This team is weaker than it was last year.  Maybe not from a talent standpoint, but for sure from an management/organizational standpoint.  As I've touted since the initial change---THERE IS NO PLAN.  This ship is lost at sea....

how do you gauge the strength/weakness of an NFL team?

rowdie

Hall of Famer

#40 : September 03, 2009, 11:13:57 AM

Well sometimes the policies need bashing. �Much like your fan status should outlast any given person that's upsetting you, your national allegiance should out last any given administration.

in my opinion, i think your national allegiance should be the reason to criticize rather than bash.

Seems we're getting awfully hung up on some terms.

So no policies need bashing.

Say they instituted slavery?  Should we bash that?  

Say they got rid of any democratic processes and declared themselves Emperors, should we bash that?

Capt_Chaos

Pro Bowler
#41 : September 03, 2009, 11:16:01 AM

Some assumptions are based on the clear facts in front of us.  This team is weaker than it was last year.  Maybe not from a talent standpoint, but for sure from an management/organizational standpoint.  As I've touted since the initial change---THERE IS NO PLAN.  This ship is lost at sea....

how do you gauge the strength/weakness of an NFL team?

Football is the same as any business, you don't gauge them off of ability, you do it off of stability!!!!!!!! just ask Napolean, or Chrysler !!!!!!   lol

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#42 : September 03, 2009, 11:19:25 AM

Say they instituted slavery?  Should we bash that?  

Say they got rid of any democratic processes and declared themselves Emperors, should we bash that?

we are probably hi-jacking over definitions, but I have more respect for my Country and team than to bash them, so I choose to criticize.

GhostRider

Hall of Famer

#43 : September 03, 2009, 11:20:21 AM

Say they instituted slavery? ?Should we bash that? ?

we are probably hi-jacking over definitions, but I have more respect for my Country and team than to bash them, so I choose to criticize.

There really is no difference.  It's just semantics.

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 03, 2009, 11:27:15 AM

There really is no difference.  It's just semantics.

then lets just agree to disagree.

Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Why be a "fan" then « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools