Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My first ever fantasy draft « previous next »
Page: 1

SpeedyClaxton

Starter

: September 02, 2009, 09:48:22 AM

Just need a little advice, please dont rag on me....Im a rookie with this stuff.

QB Phillip Rivers
QB Trent Edwards
HB - Chris Johnson
HB - Derrick Ward
HB - Leon Washington
HB - LeSean McCoy
WR - Marques Colston
WR - Ochocinco
WR - Santonio Holmes
WR - Steve Smith (giants)
TE - Kellen Winslow

Steelers defense ;)

Any advice?

We shut down \\\\\\\" The Vet\\\\\\\" and we opened up Lincoln Financial with a bang!!!!

BuccinTex

Hall of Famer
#1 : September 03, 2009, 08:06:08 AM

Not too bad.   Leon Washington will get you some points on special teams but outside of that and Johnson you might struggle at the HB spot.   Ward will obviously be splitting carries with 2 maybe 3 other good backs.   He's not on the Giants anymore lol.    I don't get the impression the Bucs will be ahead in a lot of games so they might not get the chance to run as much as advertised this offseason.    You might consider offloading your back up QB for another big stats HB in a trade, and then getting a decent backup from the free agent pool.   I'm assuming you planned on starting Rivers all but the bye week since that AFC West is super weak.    If that's the case then you won't need a Trent Edwards type of guy but more like a Matt Schaub or David Garrard.     Just my opinion. 

#2 : September 03, 2009, 11:34:15 AM

your rbs will not score many tds but they will get a lot of yards. and your qbs are pretty strong. i love philip rivers and edwards could be a potential sleeper. not bad for a first draft. and oh having the steelers d helps too.
Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: My first ever fantasy draft « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools