Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: draft question « previous next »
Page: 1

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

: August 24, 2009, 08:46:42 PM

I am in a fantasy league doing an online draft. I had the first pick then my next were 16 & 17.  I would like some input on my next selection. 

If you have not guessed it is an 8 team league with a snake draft.  My first pick was Peterson RB Vikes, at 16 & 17 I drafted Brandon Jacobs and Andre Johnson WR Texans.  4 of the 8 teams have already drafted a QB so I was thinking about waiting till later in the draft to take one.  My next selection I was thinking of going WR WR and not even drafting a TE.  Kicker and Def will be my last 2 picks.  Also, should I get more than 1 QB or just pick up a FA later for one game?  I know it is hard to tell untill I know who is drafted ahead of me so I was wondering in general.

You can start:
QB 1
WR 2
WR/TE 1
WR/RB 1
WR/RB/TE 1
K 1
Def 1
Bench 5

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#1 : August 25, 2009, 09:48:15 AM

I guess nobody wants to talk about their strategy?

There is one more person ahead of me that could go QB.  The others should go 2 WRs and one RB.  I guess the guy could wait till it snakes back and take on after me, he has pick 2.  These are the best players on my board.
The QBs that are there are Warner, McNabb, Ryan, Shaub.  With only having 1 guy to not pick a QB should I even worry about it?  I am leaning towards Warner and Owens.
16 RB Marion Barber Cowboys 6
21 RB Ryan Grant Packers 5
25 RB Ronnie Brown Dolphins 6
26 RB Darren McFadden Raiders 9
 27 RB Kevin Smith Lions 7
 29 WR Roddy White Falcons 4
31 WR Marques Colston Saints 5
32 WR Dwayne Bowe Chiefs 8
34 RB Chris Wells Cardinals 4
35 WR Brandon Marshall Broncos 7
36 RB Pierre Thomas Saints 5
37 WR Terrell Owens Bills 9
39 TE Jason Witten Cowboys 6
40 WR Wes Welker Patriots 8
41 RB Larry Johnson Chiefs 8
42 RB Marshawn Lynch Bills 9
43 QB Kurt Warner Cardinals 4
44 RB Joseph Addai Colts 6
 45 RB Reggie Bush Saints 5
46 RB Derrick Ward Buccaneers 8
47 WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh Seahawks 7
TE Tony Gonzalez Falcons 4

Booker

Hall of Famer

#2 : August 25, 2009, 11:03:01 PM

How is this draft happening? I'm lost. Is it an on going draft?

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#3 : August 25, 2009, 11:36:52 PM

Yea it is an online draft.  It has players from all over the world so the draft take a while.  Many of the people in the draft live in different time zones not to mention countries.  I still have not even made this pick. I imagine it will be around noon tomorrow.  I am leaning towards Owens and Warner if they are both still there.  I am hoping that the guy before me goes WR then QB, if I was him I would pick Warner than a WR.  If he picks Warner first I think drafting WR WR would be best than wait to get McNabb or Schaub since everybody will already have their starting QBs.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#4 : August 26, 2009, 11:31:58 AM

Got Owens and Warner.  Colston was drafted before me.

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#5 : August 31, 2009, 07:56:43 PM

I still have two more picks.  they will be a kicker and Def so it dont make much difference.  If anybody read the thread and wanted to know how it worked out that what I am posting my roster for. 

1) RB Adrian Peterson Vikings 9         
2) RB Brandon Jacobs Giants 10         
6) RB Reggie Bush Saints 5       
10) RB Cedric Benson Bengals 8       
3) WR Andre Johnson Texans 10
5) WR Terrell Owens Bills 9          
7) WR Braylon Edwards Browns 8    
8 )WR Bernard Berrian Vikings 9
9) TE Kellen Winslow Buccaneers 8        
4) QB Kurt Warner Cardinals 4          
11) QB Trent Edwards Bills 9

bait619

Starter

#6 : September 03, 2009, 06:35:03 PM

It seems like your team should look stronger with only 8 teams...but you have a lot of talent but quite a bit of it has question marks...TO, Edwards, Winslow, Bush all can put up big numbers but they are kinda scary inconsistent too...Can Warner stay healthy? Never hurts to have AP and Andre together...even in an 8-teamer that is awesome!

BuckEmUp

Hall of Famer

#7 : September 03, 2009, 08:17:25 PM

I know Warner's age and injury conserns.  That is why I got Edwards.  I really think Edwards could have a big year with 2 good WRs now.  Also, I do not have to start a TE so I drafted Winslow late and because the Bucs are supposed to use the TE alot.    Bush should not have to start anyway.  If he breaks out, like he is capable, he could have a year like LT used to have.  Every player is a question mark till the season starts.

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  Fantasy Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: draft question « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools