Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT'S TAKE ON THE JAGZ FIRING « previous next »
Page: 1

Vatican_Assassin

Pro Bowler

: September 03, 2009, 01:46:50 PM

BUCS CHANGE HAS A BIGGER IMPACT THAN THE CHIEFS

Posted by Mike Florio on September 3, 2009 11:23 AM ET
Though the shocking decisions by the Buccaneers and the Chiefs to dismiss their offensive coordinators less than two weeks before the start of the 2009 NFL season place a dark cloud directly over both franchises, it's actually worse for the Bucs.

In Kansas City, the head coach is a former offensive coordinator.  So Todd Haley can step back into the job he held in Super Bowl XLIII and call the plays and more easily harmonize the offense with the defense as the head coach.  As long as Haley is willing to put in the hours (which will entail plenty of office dinners featuring McDonald's salads, hold the onions . . . and the rats), he can do both jobs.

In Tampa, the head coach isn't a former offensive coordinator.  Heck, Raheem Morris never has even been a defensive coordinator.  And, surely, there's a certain level of unease between Morris and the new offensive coordinator, Greg Olson.

Olson, who served as offensive coordinator with the Rams for two years before becoming the quarterbacks coach in Tampa last season, was already on the staff when Jeff Jagodzinski was hired from outside the organization.  Though Morris is giving Olson the job now (possibly by default, and possibly against Morris' wishes), the fact that Morris didn't promote Olson when the job was first filled is something that the 46-year-old assistant coach might have trouble forgetting -- especially since Olson likely also thinks he's more qualified to be the head coach than the 33-year-old (as of today . . . happy birthday, Raheem) former position coach who got the job.

So things are looking messy in Tampa.  Once they start playing games, it likely will only get worse.

And that likely will prompt Raheem to proclaim at some point today, "Happy birthday?  No such thing."

Feel Real Good

Hall of Famer

#1 : September 03, 2009, 01:47:56 PM

I usually like PFT, but that is an extremely slanted take.

FRG is the most logical poster on this board.  You guys just don\'t like where the logical conclusions take you.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#2 : September 03, 2009, 01:48:38 PM

LOL. Such a stupid article all based on one's opinion and no facts

DanTurksGhost

Hall of Famer

#3 : September 03, 2009, 01:49:00 PM

Uninformed piece, but hey... everybody loves unfounded speculation.

Simms2Clayton05

Practice Squad

#4 : September 03, 2009, 01:49:31 PM

ya i agree FRG. It seems like an opinion to me. After everything I have read about today this just seems like a random opinion and trying to sound like he knows what is going on. At least he tried.

Kodiak

Hall of Famer
#5 : September 03, 2009, 01:53:29 PM

That's all PFT is now. It's all speculation and rumor and slanted to make everything sound dramatic. PFT is turning into a tabloid. I have lost a lot of respect for Florio and his tabloid journalism.

Whoa...shiver me ****in timbers!

Page: 1
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: PFT'S TAKE ON THE JAGZ FIRING « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools