Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: MORRIS EXPLAINS DECISION BEHIND FIRING JAGODZINSKI « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3

krazybuc

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 03, 2009, 03:16:45 PM

They screwed the draft up.

Where in the hell do you get your crap from?

1st round pick: Possible Franchise QB, Still learning, he just turned 21.
2nd round pick: got a Pro Bowl Caliber TE
3rd round pick: DT that shoulda gotten taken in at least the second. Looks to be a possible starter after this year.
4th round pick: DE that is great in the run stopping and has had success in the pre season. got ourselves a sleeper here.
5th round pick: Tackle with a ton of upside and potential to start once he fully develops.
7th rounders: Stroughter making the team as possible 3rd WR. Biggers could make the final cuts as the Dime CB.

Name one time during the Gruden era we struck gold on 7th round picks?

The draft wasn't screwed up.

Freeman was and is a joke of a pick. What kind of koolaid boob do you suck on?

Pro Bowl Caliber TE is WORTHLESS when he's standing wide open and gets overthrown.

ktownbuc47

Pro Bowler
#31 : September 03, 2009, 03:17:15 PM

That's why you interview coaches before you hire them. To find out what knowledge they have. Unless he was hired by the Glazers and Morris had nothing to do with the hiring????????

Yeah, like the great job they did hiring a defensive line coach and a defensive backs coach in 2006.

And that coaching staff is where?

Why do you necessarily have to be wrong just because a few million people think you are?

alldaway

Hall of Famer

#32 : September 03, 2009, 03:19:15 PM

If Jags isn't a good fit fine, but Olsen has me soured severely.  In fairness to Olsen he isn't a Paul Hackett clone, but his play calling was suspect while with the Rams.

Booker Reese

Hall of Famer
#33 : September 03, 2009, 03:27:06 PM

ADW - I'd like more details. Nobody seemed to complain about the play-calling in 2006.

They struggled out of the box in 2007, but Linehan took over the play-calling starting in week 5, and didn't do much better.  Their D was putting them in huge holes (opening day against Philly for example), and if I recall they had one of the worst OL in football that season.

I'm not saying he's the greatest OC ever, but it hasn't been all failures either. I've seen elsewhere where people have dogged him about Detroit, but he only called plays for the final 3 games there.
Page: 1 2 3
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: BREAKING: MORRIS EXPLAINS DECISION BEHIND FIRING JAGODZINSKI « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools