Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I hope you Gruden-haters are happy... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16

Booker

Hall of Famer

#15 : September 03, 2009, 05:13:23 PM

We weren't a playoff team last year with a much easier schedule.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#16 : September 03, 2009, 05:14:29 PM

I love how it's not being a "real" fan to question anything about this team. If things are going poorly, which they are, a REAL fan will say so. Agreeing with every single thing a guy does isn't being a real fan, it's being stupid and weak minded. I don't need others to tell me what is good or bad, not even if it comes from our 32 year old inexperienced in over his head coach. Picking a bust who has shown nothing in his entire career as our starter at QB is a terrible decision. Handing out a 2.5 million signing bonus to a guy you clearly never wanted as your starter is a terrible decision. Drafting a first round QB, having him go an entire offseason learning an offense and then firing the coordinator a week before the opener is again, a terrible decision. I don't know if I agree with the entire trib article, but one point that's made is very accurate....if Jags CLEARLY wasn't right for the job then what the hell kind of interview did we give him? Clearly it was nothing more than fluff and the job was his the second he walked in the door.

All of these things wreak of inexperience. I'm of the opinion that if you are starting over from scratch, which we essentially are, then it's only going to work if we have strong leadership from the top. Right now it's obvious we don't. �

LOL I love it. picking a bust? How is Freeman is bust? Oh since you think so it is true? Where is the truth to that statement? We aren't starting all over since Olson has been working with Freeman way more than Jags has. Some info for you. Logan was calling to the plays so Jagz isn't going to be missed there.  The offense they learned will still be here. So again don't see the sky is falling thing you do

If you want to "LOL" over anything it should be your inability to read something and comprehend it. When did we pick Freeman as our starter, oh that's right we didn't. It's obvious who I was talking about, obvious to someone who takes the time to read before they respond.

VA_Buc30

Starter

#17 : September 03, 2009, 05:18:50 PM

I love how it's not being a "real" fan to question anything about this team. If things are going poorly, which they are, a REAL fan will say so. Agreeing with every single thing a guy does isn't being a real fan, it's being stupid and weak minded. I don't need others to tell me what is good or bad, not even if it comes from our 32 year old inexperienced in over his head coach. Picking a bust who has shown nothing in his entire career as our starter at QB is a terrible decision. Handing out a 2.5 million signing bonus to a guy you clearly never wanted as your starter is a terrible decision. Drafting a first round QB, having him go an entire offseason learning an offense and then firing the coordinator a week before the opener is again, a terrible decision. I don't know if I agree with the entire trib article, but one point that's made is very accurate....if Jags CLEARLY wasn't right for the job then what the hell kind of interview did we give him? Clearly it was nothing more than fluff and the job was his the second he walked in the door.

All of these things wreak of inexperience. I'm of the opinion that if you are starting over from scratch, which we essentially are, then it's only going to work if we have strong leadership from the top. Right now it's obvious we don't.  

I find it funny that those who blindly followed Gruden and bashed those who questioned his moves and said they weren't "real fans", are NOW reversing their stance and claiming those that do question the front office and coaching staff are the true "real fans".

Booker

Hall of Famer

#18 : September 03, 2009, 05:21:37 PM

All of these things wreak of inexperience. I'm of the opinion that if you are starting over from scratch, which we essentially are, then it's only going to work if we have strong leadership from the top. Right now it's obvious we don't. �

LOL I love it. picking a bust? How is Freeman is bust? Oh since you think so it is true? Where is the truth to that statement? We aren't starting all over since Olson has been working with Freeman way more than Jags has. Some info for you. Logan was calling to the plays so Jagz isn't going to be missed there.  The offense they learned will still be here. So again don't see the sky is falling thing you do

If you want to "LOL" over anything it should be your inability to read something and comprehend it. When did we pick Freeman as our starter, oh that's right we didn't. It's obvious who I was talking about, obvious to someone who takes the time to read before they respond.
I am sorry. I misread that that

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#19 : September 03, 2009, 05:21:46 PM

Picking a bust who has shown nothing in his entire career as our starter at QB is a terrible decision.

how many busts have winning records?

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

escobar

Hall of Famer

#20 : September 03, 2009, 05:22:28 PM

I find it funny that those who blindly followed Gruden and bashed those who questioned his moves and said they weren't "real fans", are NOW reversing their stance and claiming those that do question the front office and coaching staff are the true "real fans".

I'd love for you to post some examples, you don't mind do you? I'm sure you have a heaping stack of evidence to support your words.

SON-OF-ZELL

Starter

#21 : September 03, 2009, 05:24:15 PM

I really agree.................Gruden would make a huge difference................he would take this highly talented team to the superbowl on his sheer brilliance and football acumen

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#22 : September 03, 2009, 05:24:26 PM

Picking a bust who has shown nothing in his entire career as our starter at QB is a terrible decision.

Are we really questioning whether or not Leftwich was a bust for Jacksonville?

escobar

Hall of Famer

#23 : September 03, 2009, 05:24:46 PM

The year Jacksonville went 12-4 Leftwich missed the last five games of the season, in those games his team went 4-1. One of many examples I'm sure that show a QB's record doesn't always tell the whole story. Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB ya know.

TheKeyStoneBucs

Second String

#24 : September 03, 2009, 05:25:02 PM

IMO, Bucs would be a playoff team with Gruden.

Not a chance in hell. Gruden lost the locker room, would REALLY have no option at QB and this team would have been doomed to 4 wins. Gruden was done here. Period.

Who says Gruden lost the locker room?  

"Get the Funk out of Ma face"

TheKeyStoneBucs

Second String

#25 : September 03, 2009, 05:25:50 PM

Not a chance in hell. Gruden lost the locker room, would REALLY have no option at QB and this team would have been doomed to 4 wins. Gruden was done here. Period.

Who says Gruden lost the locker room?  

"Get the Funk out of Ma face"

RaheemTheNightmare

Rookie

#26 : September 03, 2009, 05:27:54 PM

Who says Gruden lost the locker room? �

they'll point to the 4 game collapse. which was on monte and his son.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#27 : September 03, 2009, 05:28:26 PM

So the HEAD COACH gets no blame?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#28 : September 03, 2009, 05:28:59 PM

The year Jacksonville went 12-4 Leftwich missed the last five games of the season, in those games his team went 4-1. One of many examples I'm sure that show a QB's record doesn't always tell the whole story. Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB ya know.

Are we really questioning whether or not Leftwich was a bust for Jacksonville?

seems to me many would rather lose games with cutler than win games with leftwich.  leftwich isnt pretty, but he wins more than he loses.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

RaheemTheNightmare

Rookie

#29 : September 03, 2009, 05:31:55 PM

So the HEAD COACH gets no blame?

he definitely deserves SOME.

the Glazers deserve the most, easily. spending the least amount of money out of all nfl owners over the last 5 years = no depth = late season collapse.
Page: 1 2 3 4 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I hope you Gruden-haters are happy... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools