Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I hope you Gruden-haters are happy... « previous next »
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16

Booker

Hall of Famer

#30 : September 03, 2009, 05:33:13 PM

Or bad coaching leads to late season collapse.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#31 : September 03, 2009, 05:34:05 PM

The year Jacksonville went 12-4 Leftwich missed the last five games of the season, in those games his team went 4-1. One of many examples I'm sure that show a QB's record doesn't always tell the whole story. Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB ya know.

Are we really questioning whether or not Leftwich was a bust for Jacksonville?

seems to me many would rather lose games with cutler than win games with leftwich. �leftwich isnt pretty, but he wins more than he loses.

I'm assuming you meant McCown? And I'm sorry but Leftwich is going into his seventh season and this is already his 4th team, I'd say it's pretty clear what the league thinks about BL and his ability to win games.

RaheemTheNightmare

Rookie

#32 : September 03, 2009, 05:35:58 PM

is telling your players that you're leaving after the season bad coaching? If so, I agree.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#33 : September 03, 2009, 05:36:19 PM

What is the better option? Mccown who can't seem to beat anyone out for a job? The same guy who has no pocket awareness and can't read a presnap defense?

GameTime

Hall of Famer
#34 : September 03, 2009, 05:38:53 PM

I'm assuming you meant McCown? And I'm sorry but Leftwich is going into his seventh season and this is already his 4th team, I'd say it's pretty clear what the league thinks about BL and his ability to win games.

no, i mean jay cutler.  as in a QB with a losing record.  versus leftwich, a QB with a winning record.

and yes, i do know its a team sport.

\"Lets put the O back in Country\"

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#35 : September 03, 2009, 05:40:33 PM

I'd take Gruden starting Josh Johnson (which was apparently the plan) over this massive train wreck.

Seriously, the guy that was never better than Luke last year? The guy who hasn't managed to crawl his way up the depth chart over a cast of mega-spares?

I think you'd have a tough time selling me that Josh was "the plan" and would have remained the plan once Gruden went shopping for old and busted in the off-season. Plus, none of the reports on Josh seemed to be all that positive last year.

I though the Luke fantasies were impressive but the Josh are just too much.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#36 : September 03, 2009, 05:41:08 PM

is telling your players that you're leaving after the season bad coaching? If so, I agree.

Once more, if Kiffin leaving shook this team to the core then this team wasn't Gruden's anyway.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

RaheemTheNightmare

Rookie

#37 : September 03, 2009, 05:41:35 PM

Cutler is 13-3 when he defense keeps opposing offenses to 21 points or less. You have no leg to stand on. Sandwich can't hold his jock.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#38 : September 03, 2009, 05:42:54 PM

Our defense gave up 38, 13, 41, 31 points the final four games last season. EVERYONE knows that Gruden focused on offense and Kiffin controlled the defense. Bad coaching is right, you're just picking the wrong coach. On offense we scored 23,10,24,24 points during those four games. Not earth shattering, but usually plenty for us to win.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#39 : September 03, 2009, 05:43:54 PM

So the HEAD COACH gets no blame?

He should have fired him the first time Monte took the week off to recruit staff and players for UT.  

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant

RaheemTheNightmare

Rookie

#40 : September 03, 2009, 05:44:57 PM

Our defense gave up 38, 13, 41, 31 points the final four games last season. EVERYONE knows that Gruden focused on offense and Kiffin controlled the defense. Bad coaching is right, you're just picking the wrong coach. On offense we scored 23,10,24,24 points during those four games. Not earth shattering, but usually plenty for us to win.

escobar

Hall of Famer

#41 : September 03, 2009, 05:45:49 PM

no, i mean jay cutler. �as in a QB with a losing record. �versus leftwich, a QB with a winning record.

and yes, i do know its a team sport.

Cool, then you should know that Leftwich's record isn't indicative of his actual talent level. While at the same time Cutler's record isn't indicative of his. I sincerely hope you wouldn't take BL over Cutler.

Booker

Hall of Famer

#42 : September 03, 2009, 05:46:01 PM

What about games against Denver and Dallas where we put up 13 and 9? And even the great big ten against ATL where our D and ST put us in every position to win?

RaheemTheNightmare

Rookie

#43 : September 03, 2009, 05:47:01 PM

we're talking about the collapse.

dbucfan

Hall of Famer
#44 : September 03, 2009, 05:47:55 PM

What about games against Denver and Dallas where we put up 13 and 9? And even the great big ten against ATL where our D and ST put us in every position to win?

Exactly Booker - exactly - if Monte had done his job in December the buccs would have been in the playoffs - rightly or wrongly -

\"A Great Coach has to have a Patient Wife, A Loyal Dog, and a Great Quarterback. . . . but not necessarily in that order\" ~ Coach Bud Grant
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 16
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  The Red Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: I hope you Gruden-haters are happy... « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools