Welcome, Guest
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oregon Trash « previous next »
Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9

dalbuc

Hall of Famer

#60 : September 04, 2009, 02:57:48 PM

You think that this is the only trash that got talked in that game? Dude, if guys too a swing at everyone talking smack it'd look like a darn MMA match out there.

All posts are opinions in case you are too stupid to figure that out on your own without me saying it over and over.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#61 : September 04, 2009, 03:00:06 PM

You think that this is the only trash that got talked in that game? Dude, if guys too a swing at everyone talking smack it'd look like a darn MMA match out there.

again it wasnt just talking smack the Boise State player SHOVED him. Blount hasnt shoved any other player or fans before this and they get trash talked every game. The BSU player started the circus, and Blount justified clocking him but went to far after that.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#62 : September 04, 2009, 03:01:22 PM

You think he is the first player that was ever talked smack to? �It is part of the game. �When you loose, man up and take it like a man.

And when you win, man up and act like a man .... They were both wrong.

Right.  So next time someone honks at me in traffic and flips me off, I can punch them in the face.

C'mon man.

What in the wide, wide, world of sports does THAT analogy have to do with what we're talking about??

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#63 : September 04, 2009, 03:03:08 PM

You think he is the first player that was ever talked smack to? �It is part of the game. �When you loose, man up and take it like a man.

Right.  So next time someone honks at me in traffic and flips me off, I can punch them in the face.

C'mon man.

What in the wide, wide, world of sports does THAT analogy have to do with what we're talking about??

Uhh no because he didnt PHYSICALLY touch you if he flips you off and than throws a coffee at you, you deserve to punch him. Analogy doesnt fit this crime

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#64 : September 04, 2009, 03:03:22 PM

if Blount deserves 3-5 games for the punch. The Boise DL deserves 6+ games, because his shove pretty what lead to everything else.

That's complete b/s.  The Boise player deserves to be disciplined, but nowhere close to what Blunt should be disciplined for his reaction.

Gotta agree there .... No way the Boise player gets more than Blount.

BucsBullsBolts

Hall of Famer

#65 : September 04, 2009, 03:05:25 PM

Right. �So next time someone honks at me in traffic and flips me off, I can punch them in the face.

C'mon man.

Uhh no because he didnt PHYSICALLY touch you if he flips you off and than throws a coffee at you, you deserve to punch him. Analogy doesnt fit this crime

Actually, you kind of missed my point, too ... All I said was when you win, act like a man, ie, a little class .... Not sure how in the hell he equated that to a traffic incident.   :-

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#66 : September 04, 2009, 03:08:51 PM

if Blount deserves 3-5 games for the punch. The Boise DL deserves 6+ games, because his shove pretty what lead to everything else.

That's complete b/s. �The Boise player deserves to be disciplined, but nowhere close to what Blunt should be disciplined for his reaction.

Gotta agree there .... No way the Boise player gets more than Blount.

I agree but he was basing the 3 games for Blount just on the fight, and than more for Blount for the others. If your giving Blount 3 games just for the bunch, the guy who started it deserves more. I personally think 1 game each for the fight. Than whatever the university decides for teammates altercation and fan altercation. I just hope they let Blount finish school and get him some help, if the guy goes back to his home in Florida, with no degree or nothing, Ill bet hes in jail in no time. Ive met Blount multiple times and hes always been a very nice guy. Guy doesnt need to be hanged for making a poor decision in the heat of the moment.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#67 : September 04, 2009, 03:10:08 PM

Right. �So next time someone honks at me in traffic and flips me off, I can punch them in the face.

C'mon man.

Actually, you kind of missed my point, too ... All I said was when you win, act like a man, ie, a little class .... Not sure how in the hell he equated that to a traffic incident.   :-

I know, wasnt directed towards you. I agree with you.

Trash talking than shoving a guy after being the favorites to win... low class. Act like it was suppose to happen

Fitz66

Hall of Famer

#68 : September 04, 2009, 03:18:37 PM

C'mon man.

ha, at least you admit it was a crime. 

And he didn't shove him, he practically tapped him on the shoulder. 

Question:  if you're so right, how come nobody is talking about the BSU player on the news or in the papers?

www.Atlbucs.com
Facebook:  Atl Bucs

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#69 : September 04, 2009, 03:19:48 PM

Question:  if you're so right, how come nobody is talking about the BSU player on the news or in the papers?

Because what Blunt did was WAAAAAAYYYYYY worse than anything the BSU player, but that doesn't mean the BSU player is without fault.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#70 : September 04, 2009, 03:26:24 PM

C'mon man.

ha, at least you admit it was a crime.  

And he didn't shove him, he practically tapped him on the shoulder.  

Question:  if you're so right, how come nobody is talking about the BSU player on the news or in the papers?

uhh they are.

Ill post links when the blog with all the links is working (too many people)
Deadspin, and a few others said it wasnt all Blounts fault.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#71 : September 04, 2009, 03:30:20 PM

Because what Blunt did was WAAAAAAYYYYYY worse than anything the BSU player, but that doesn't mean the BSU player is without fault.

I agree. Where Blount went wrong wasnt the punch, it was what he did to the teammates and the fans.

My question is why were fans allowed to leave there seats to line up where the players leave the field? I saw no reason why fans should have been near where the players left, no seats were around where the fans were standing. Hopefully BSU changes that so it doesnt happen again.
A lot of lessons learned...
1) Teams need less interaction with each other, NO PREGAME HANDSHAKES. Its cute to think its good sportmanship but week 1 showed it can and will turn ugly at some point.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#72 : September 04, 2009, 03:32:58 PM

links saying Blount wasnt all at fault...

http://deadspin.com/5352594/byron-hout-got-what-he-deserved

http://pac10radio.com/2009/09/04/boise-state-needs-to-apologize-to-the-ducks/

Ill post more in a bit, the site with them is very slow.

Biggs3535

Hall of Famer
#73 : September 04, 2009, 03:45:19 PM

I agree. Where Blount went wrong wasnt the punch, it was what he did to the teammates and the fans.

The punch was wrong too.

The punch alone would have got him 1-2 games suspension.  Everything else might get him half-whole season.

oregonbucfan

Hall of Famer

#74 : September 04, 2009, 03:46:46 PM

The punch was wrong too.

The punch alone would have got him 1-2 games suspension.  Everything else might get him half-whole season.

I agree 1 game each. 1 for the BSU player and Blount just on the punch. Than whatever for the others.

Page: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 9
Pewter Report  >>  Boards  >>  College Football Board (Moderators: 3rd String Kicker, PRPatrol)  >>  Topic: Oregon Trash « previous next »
:

Hide Tools Show Tools